Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Transfer Deadline Day - LCFC Speculation

Our squad is tiny ..... just a little winger, creative midfielder, striker swap, .... all could have added something.

Come january and we'll be looking depleted and tired again ..... he's not learnt from last year.

Shame there's no transfer window in January or anything, eh?

Our squad is tiny ..... just a little winger, creative midfielder, striker swap, .... all could have added something.

Come january and we'll be looking depleted and tired again ..... he's not learnt from last year.

Newsflash: WE CAN'T SIGN PLAYERS UNTIL WE OFFLOAD SOME. The breakdown of a deal to get rid of Konch scuppered any chance of us signing anyone. Loan window will be interesting- if we can loan out Danns, Konch maybe a few others we may bring someone in.

We missed out on Nick Powell. That is so disappointing

Well if you can't reduce the reward of being in the PL then there really is no solution.

I feel that's the major issue, far too big a gap between the FL and PL when it comes to payouts in the various forms they come in. I still think FFP can be a part of a wider solution but the focus has to be on cutting the financial rewards gained from success - if you're telling me there's no way of doing that then this discussion is fairly meaningless as that's the cause of all this trouble.

Theres a simple solution and that's for the FA to force sky to put money into the lower leagues as well as the prem.

The thing is, if people think the FFP system is skewed now for the teams that get relegated, then imagine what it will be like in a few years. Eventually you will end up with a breakaway pack in Championship as well. As teams go up and down and the ones that dont stagnate because they cant spend any real money, you will end up with a two tiered Championship table. Basically, if any team in the championship doesn't get promoted either this season or next, its going to become nigh on impossible to do so without some ridiculous amount of luck. It will be akin to the smaller teams in the premiership trying to break the top 6.

Good post, your absolutely right! ...and the amount of money being handed out in parachute payments now is more than you got for actually winning the prem itself not that long ago!

This deadline day has made me angry; not because we didn't sign anyone but because the FFP implications are plain to see.

It now appears fairly common place for a Premier League team battling relegation to spend upwards on £20m in a summer. An absolutely staggering amount of money. I imagine the likes of Holloway and Bruce accept that they'll struggle to stay up but they'll be damn strong when they do come down. 

I can see three tiers of the top two divisions occurring:

1. A group of around 15 established Prem teams. Barring catastrophe these will not be relegated. Obviously there are subdivisions here but these clubs are all going to become vastly wealthy.

2. About 8-10 yo-yo-ers. Likely to be weak in the premier league but strong in the Championship. Might have a couple of years in either division but will never be far off moving to the other.

3. Everyone else. Those who didn't manage to get into the Prem early on enough into this new £60m for finishing bottom league. Will most likely scrap it out and hope that they can manage to reach the dizzy heights of 6th.

I don't like to say that promotion is necessary but I think it's only going to get harder for those of us who don't get up anytime soon. I know a lot of people have complained about Forest's spending but they've timed their assault pretty well. Most of the clubs in the division are endeavouring to comply with FFP giving Forest a big advantage. It's also the last Championship season before the mega-rich relegated clubs start coming down with this new prize money on offer in the Prem. Forest's big problem is that QPR and Wigan (on paper) look far too strong for this division.

Welcome to the football rapture.

@SkysportsNews : Leicester's interest in Charlton's Lamby has ended due to the fact that he's fat and he ****ing stinks #SSN #DeadlineDay[/quo

If this isn't online bullying then what is?....

I don't think he's allowed in here to read it anyway!

Plus it might seem a bit harsh but Lamby loves the attention anyway! He's a bit like a stray cat, that just keeps comin back for more!

I've just read page 11 but I'm taking it as we signed noone?

GOOD, though it would've been nice to get rid of some deadwood.

I can't believe the fawning over of something so trivial as a deadline for transfers. It's sickening. Especially after all the hype there are various loopholes that allow clubs to STILL sign someone.

Me neither but watch out for Haydos.

Theres a simple solution and that's for the FA to force sky to put money into the lower leagues as well as the prem.

Well quite.

Unfortunately you can't really force a private company to be pay much attention to low profit ventures but I fully agree that some way of having funds distributed around more evenly is very important. Would help solve many of the problems with the game today.

Preparation for Premier League 2 and the further demise of all those teams unfortunate enough to not be included. The majority of fans, that is those that support teams in PL1 & 2 wont give a shit about the others they'll just be relieved to be included.

@SkysportsNews : Leicester's interest in Charlton's Lamby has ended due to the fact that he's fat and he ****ing stinks #SSN #DeadlineDay[/quo

If this isn't online bullying then what is?....

lol. Don't cry soft shite.

Just woke up early to go to a Car Boot sale, only to find that ANOTHER transfer window has gone by where we ain't signed Jay Emmanuel Thomas!

:angry:

Ahhh he was actually the guy I saw in Costcutter.

All flooding back to me now, thanks Col.

lol and your the big man? Been on here long enough to know about Lamby, but personal insults? For the record, as an ex paratrooper I'd argue against me being a " soft shite " but heyho if that's the level you need to stoop to. you clearly have a great future ahead if you big man

lol and your the big man? Been on here long enough to know about Lamby, but personal insults? For the record, as an ex paratrooper I'd argue against me being a " soft shite " but heyho if that's the level you need to stoop to. you clearly have a great future ahead if you big man

So then, which one of Lamby's exes are you?

lol. Big man paratrooper.

Archived