Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Transfer Deadline Day - LCFC Speculation

Ok... Admit I'm pissed and my comments were childish but it's bloody ridiculous to say it's boring and slating Pearson as we haven't signed anyone on deadline day. Don't get me wrong I love deadline day but the fact we haven't lost anyone is the best business we could do. Also I am probably in the minority by the sounds of things on here and I rate Pearson. The fact he is getting stick for not signing anyone on transfer day pisses me off. As a manager he has done what he thinks (and has the power to do) before the deadline day which in my opinion is better management than panic buying. Also loan windows opens soon and we will bring some in.

3 points off top and no signings today. Must be Pearson out time.

Then state your view instead of the "disabled" comments to anyone that doesn't share your opinion. 

Ok... Admit I'm pissed and my comments were childish but it's bloody ridiculous to say it's boring and slating Pearson as we haven't signed anyone on deadline day. Don't get me wrong I love deadline day but the fact we haven't lost anyone is the best business we could do. Also I am probably in the minority by the sounds of things on here and I rate Pearson. The fact he is getting stick for not signing anyone on transfer day pisses me off. As a manager he has done what he thinks (and has the power to do) before the deadline day which in my opinion is better management than panic buying. Also loan windows opens soon and we will bring some in.

3 points off top and no signings today. Must be Pearson out time.

disabled

Meh, I was hoping we would do some business. These guys will be worthless by next summer, I think we should have sold this window tbh

It's all gonna happen in January, since it gives us time to know where we are in the table and how the key players reflect on the season so far.

It obviously helps .... but Arry is a trader - he'd have been wheeling and dealing with no money too.

Would he balls, biggest myth in football that he's some 'wheeler-dealer,' if spending vast amounts of cash on fees / wages constitutes a shrewd operator then I've been grossly misinformed.

I personally think he's a bang average manager that's gotten very lucky.

Put your hand up if you were basically the only person that thought Jelavic would have been a sensational signing.

Me, I've got my hand up. Anyone else? Father Ted? Matt? What's that, no? No?

#floggingadeadhorse.

You forget - he was coming from the SPL, which meant he was as poor in front of goal as a drunk Akinbyi, and as generally crap as Josh Low.

I know you like spending and that but it can be incredibly damaging and unfair, FFP isn't perfect but it stops that from happening.

Parachute payments then make it unfair.

Quite.

FFP would be ok if everyone was on an even keel but these enormous payments massively skew the competition. It's so obviously wrong, please deal with it FL, please!

What parachute payments do Forest have then?

FFP isn't fair in principle let alone practice. All it does is benefit the clubs who are already big or who have recently been in the Premiership. Parachute payments or not, the relegated clubs will be financially better off and will have better squads to start with. Smaller clubs or ones that have been out of the big time for a while will struggle to build squads to compete with their's.

Of course, parachute payments make the gap bigger but FFP was never a fair idea. It basically says that smaller clubs are not allowed to try and compete with the bigger ones, and that the status quo should be maintained. Accept you're just going to be an also ran forever, pretty much. It just makes the gaps bigger and the competitions more predictable.

As we are already seeing it is not preventing clubs from spending beyond their means so you can't argue that's it's selling point either.

Why are people banging on about Jelavic? He was never a realistic target.

People are sceptical about signings from Scotland because their league is of a terrible standard. If we signed someone from some crap league in Europe people wouldn't be 100% sold on him. Why should the Scottish league be so well respected, because it's geographically above England?

Oh and he was fvcking shit last season.

Oh and he was fvcking shit last season.

Unfair. Ask a lot of fans at Everton why and many will tell you it's down to Moyes' mismanagement. He's not a winger nor is he a workhorse. Moyes dabbled with transforming him into both. It'd be like expecting Yakubu to play the same role with ease.

Seems like most of here have bought into the over-hyped over-rated deadline day. Shambolic day lapped up by $ky and the media where everyone jumps on the bandwagon hoping their club get involved.

Deadline day is everything wrong with the mentality of football fans in this country.

What parachute payments do Forest have then?

FFP isn't fair in principle let alone practice. All it does is benefit the clubs who are already big or who have recently been in the Premiership. Parachute payments or not, the relegated clubs will be financially better off and will have better squads to start with. Smaller clubs or ones that have been out of the big time for a while will struggle to build squads to compete with their's.

Of course, parachute payments make the gap bigger but FFP was never a fair idea. It basically says that smaller clubs are not allowed to try and compete with the bigger ones, and that the status quo should be maintained. Accept you're just going to be an also ran forever, pretty much. It just makes the gaps bigger and the competitions more predictable.

As we are already seeing it is not preventing clubs from spending beyond their means so you can't argue that's it's selling point either.

It hasn't stopped all clubs from spending beyond their means I agree, but it seems to have had some effect - there seems to be a little less flaunting of cash like there was although I can't say for sure. Either way something has to be done to stop clubs destroying themselves.

I also don't fully accept the idea that it helps to maintain the status quo, a club that is managed sensibly and gets good value for money in the transfer market will be able to compete at a higher level.

FFP isn't perfect as it is, I accept that. But for me it's a stepping stone, not the final destination. One correction I'd definitely make is to try and reduce the financial reward of being in the PL - For example less prize money for winning the PO final.

It hasn't stopped all clubs from spending beyond their means I agree, but it seems to have had some effect - there seems to be a little less flaunting of cash like there was although I can't say for sure. Either way something has to be done to stop clubs destroying themselves.

I also don't fully accept the idea that it helps to maintain the status quo, a club that is managed sensibly and gets good value for money in the transfer market will be able to compete at a higher level.

FFP isn't perfect as it is, I accept that. But for me it's a stepping stone, not the final destination. One correction I'd definitely make is to try and reduce the financial reward of being in the PL - For example less prize money for winning the PO final.

The money you win in the play-off final is the same as going up automatically. It's all about the TV money. And you're not going to be able to reduce that, so forget that idea.

FFP will never, ever work. Clubs will just ignore it as they're doing now. Parachute payments are unlikely to disappear and clubs will not close the gap when they are forbidden to spend money. If they're so bothered about clubs going out of business why are they happy to fine them if they can't keep within the rules?

We're in a situation here where a club that spends beyond their means can be financially well off because of promotion, yet a club that tries to cut their cloth could still end up in more shit. And that situation won't change. Things are still the same. If you spend and get promoted, you get away with it. Every season there are clubs that will risk that.

If the authorities really wanted to help clubs they'd propose a wage cap. That would make it a more level playing field and clubs would be able to spend less money. But that's not in the interests of the authorities. They would rather maintain the status quo. Everything is great for the fat cats and the big boys.

Players will go to clubs like QPR who will offer them more money. Everyone else will have to make do with journeymen and bargain basment signings. Redknapp doesn't have to be shrewd in the transfer market, he doesn't even have to be great tactically, with the squad he's got they'll surely go up. There is no way we can compete with that.

That was always inevitable and even in the short term that is unacceptable. I don't accept that this system is a stepping stone, it's quite clearly a step backwards. The abolition of parachute payments would not make FFP work at all, it would just make it less disastrous.

The money you win in the play-off final is the same as going up automatically. It's all about the TV money. And you're not going to be able to reduce that, so forget that idea.

FFP will never, ever work. Clubs will just ignore it as they're doing now. Parachute payments are unlikely to disappear and clubs will not close the gap when they are forbidden to spend money. If they're so bothered about clubs going out of business why are they happy to fine them if they can't keep within the rules?

We're in a situation here where a club that spends beyond their means can be financially well off because of promotion, yet a club that tries to cut their cloth could still end up in more shit. And that situation won't change. Things are still the same. If you spend and get promoted, you get away with it. Every season there are clubs that will risk that.

If the authorities really wanted to help clubs they'd propose a wage cap. That would make it a more level playing field and clubs would be able to spend less money. But that's not in the interests of the authorities. They would rather maintain the status quo. Everything is great for the fat cats and the big boys.

Players will go to clubs like QPR who will offer them more money. Everyone else will have to make do with journeymen and bargain basment signings. Redknapp doesn't have to be shrewd in the transfer market, he doesn't even have to be great tactically, with the squad he's got they'll surely go up. There is no way we can compete with that.

That was always inevitable and even in the short term that is unacceptable. I don't accept that this system is a stepping stone, it's quite clearly a step backwards. The abolition of parachute payments would not make FFP work at all, it would just make it less disastrous.

Well if you can't reduce the reward of being in the PL then there really is no solution.

I feel that's the major issue, far too big a gap between the FL and PL when it comes to payouts in the various forms they come in. I still think FFP can be a part of a wider solution but the focus has to be on cutting the financial rewards gained from success - if you're telling me there's no way of doing that then this discussion is fairly meaningless as that's the cause of all this trouble.

The thing is, if people think the FFP system is skewed now for the teams that get relegated, then imagine what it will be like in a few years.  Eventually you will end up with a breakaway pack in Championship as well.  As teams go up and down and the ones that dont stagnate because they cant spend any real money, you will end up with a two tiered Championship table.  Basically, if any team in the championship doesn't get promoted either this season or next, its going to become nigh on impossible to do so without some ridiculous amount of luck.  It will be akin to the smaller teams in the premiership trying to break the top 6.

I've just read page 11 but I'm taking it as we signed noone?

GOOD, though it would've been nice to get rid of some deadwood.

I can't believe the fawning over of something so trivial as a deadline for transfers. It's sickening. Especially after all the hype there are various loopholes that allow clubs to STILL sign someone.

I've just read page 11 but I'm taking it as we signed noone?

GOOD, though it would've been nice to get rid of some deadwood.

I can't believe the fawning over of something so trivial as a deadline for transfers. It's sickening. Especially after all the hype there are various loopholes that allow clubs to STILL sign someone.

I don't think we did sign Craig Noone, no.

Archived