Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simo86

Marcin Wasilewski signed

Fairly low risk signing - is it really a problem? 

We've just signed an international, experienced defender with 60 caps. On a free. For a year. 

What's the worst that can happen? 

Remember John Paintsil? That's what can happen...

Not convinced we needed strengthening in this area of the pitch.

I tend to disagree beyond Moore and Morgan we are not that strong. 

Miquel - inexperienced and unproven perhaps ok with Morgan or Wesilweski

SSL - Clearly not rated by Pearson and me for that matter, expect to go on loan when fit again

Whitbread - Again perhaps not that highly rated (certainly not proved himself yet) and injury prone

I tend to disagree beyond Moore and Morgan we are not that strong.

Miquel - inexperienced and unproven perhaps ok with Morgan or Wesilweski

SSL - Clearly not rated by Pearson and me for that matter, expect to go on loan when fit again

Whitbread - Again perhaps not that highly rated (certainly not proved himself yet) and injury prone[/quot

Completely agree. SSL has no future here and will go on loan once fit

Remember John Paintsil? That's what can happen...

That's a daft analogy. John Paintsil was signed to be a first team player and presumably was on a decent salary. This guy has been signed into an already developed squad and can be used if needed, but he's not going to be our definite right back. And probably isn't on anything like I'd imagine Paintsil was on.

That's a daft analogy. John Paintsil was signed to be a first team player and presumably was on a decent salary. This guy has been signed into an already developed squad and can be used if needed, but he's not going to be our definite right back. And probably isn't on anything like I'd imagine Paintsil was on.

Alright, if that was too harsh, think Lamey.

Seen him play before. He's a good signing at this level. Seemed very strong, dominant but definitely lacking in pace. As ferocious as a Morgan-Wasilewski partnership is, I'd worry about that against the pace of some of the sides in our division. I wouldn't put him ahead of de Laet, Moore or Morgan when everyone's available, but what a super back-up to have.

For pronunciation, it's 'MAR-Cheen Vah-Shee-LEV-Skee'

If de laet got injured im presuming moore was the only alternative at RB but he seems to of proved his worth as first choice at CB meaning we needed cover for RB. it also appears that Pearson has finally lost confidence in Whitbread and will probably ship him and SSL out for match practice / offload some wages

its a win win for me

Archived