Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simo86

Marcin Wasilewski signed

In all seriousness his experience could be invaluable, he definitely isn't just a squad filler. Pearson tends not to sign completely proven players unless they have the right attitude and can still offer something, such as Solano and Powell. If those two are anything to go by then we'll have a decent player to call upon. Can't wait to see him take bodies, i'm desperate for a cult hero.

According to BBC, he's available against Blackpool away tonight....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24110804?

Leicester City sign Poland defender Marcin Wasilewski

Leicester City have completed the signing of Poland defender Marcin Wasilewski on a one-year contract, BBC Radio Leicester reports.

The 33-year-old was a free agent, having left Anderlecht in the summer after more than four years with the Belgian club.

Wasilewski mainly plays as a right-back but can also play at centre-half.

He is available for Leicester's league fixture away against Championship leaders Blackpool on Tuesday.

Fairly low risk signing - is it really a problem? 

We've just signed an international, experienced defender with 60 caps. On a free. For a year. 

What's the worst that can happen? 

You've done it now. 

Play off final, Wembley, 89th minute. Our penalty area. You watch. 

Is nobody seriously picking up on the fact this chap is a natural FULL BACK.

We only really have De Laet who suffered hugely with fatigue and inconsistency last year. Moore is obviously settling in to a CB role and, in my eyes, has never been a RB over a CB.

Is nobody seriously picking up on the fact this chap is a natural FULL BACK.

We only really have De Laet who suffered hugely with fatigue and inconsistency last year. Moore is obviously settling in to a CB role and, in my eyes, has never been a RB over a CB.

Precisely.

The signing of  Wesolo...Wesali...Wosela...Wasele...The Big Pole is a great move in my opinion. We now have backup for each position at the back. Didn't really have an alternative RB - especially if Moore plays in the centre. 

I like it. Squad number 666. 

we could even play 3 at the back.......

That's a good point. The formation might work now!

What does the future hold for Whitbread and St Ledger? 

Whitbread simply isn't good enough to be honest, though i think St Ledger as still got something to offer the team. At the end of the day, the pair of them will be struggling! Also haven't we got Miquel aswell? we're not exactly short at the back are we?

Archived