Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leicester 2-1 Barnsley Post Match

the Leicester of last season would of folded under the pressure and would have lost ground with the leaders so I'm pretty pleased with how things are going and maybe just maybe this year we are serious challengers for promotion..

Gonna be honest today. I thought they were the worst side we've seen down here this season and I'm surprised the margin of victory wasn't larger.

A win is a win and last season we could have lost that game.

I thought Pearson was naive today. It was clear they were coming back into the game and he should have made the subs 10 mins earlier. They made three chances during that period when they could have scored.

All in all, I'm glad we won, but we did it the hard way IMO.

Unbeaten in five. Only lost once in twelve competitive games. Kudos.

Last season, I think we would've thrown away a game against opposition like Barnsley.

The last few minutes were a bit cringeworthy, but it speaks for the team and the manager that we managed to hang on to get all three points. And deservedly so.

There's class in this team again and I'm looking forward to Yeovil on Tuesday. If we can iron out a few errors in the back, then we're in for an intriguing season.

Forget this we could have lost to these lat season bollocks. Fact is This season we have taken more points from Barnsley than we did in both games last season. We have started very well and it's good to see us winning games that we are expected to win. This is where we have always struggled. We can analyse the situation all day long but this is a results business. Credit to the lads for holding on.. Doing things the hard way is a typical Leicester thing so relax and enjoy the ride.

Another win and another nervy last ten minutes but we've managed to pull through again so you can't complain.

Roll on Tuesday and hopefully we can keep pushing on, 1 loss in 9 games is superb.

Pearson is doing a cracking job and is building a proper team and the players are responding.

Despite the win, I'm not overly pleased.

We made it a lot harder, than it should of been. We were all over them for most of the game, but instead of taking chances and shooting, we tried to walk it into the net too often. Then Barnsley started to have good spells, where they just were allowed to walk through our midfield, and get some shots on target from range. King and Drinkwater on the ball and defensively played well, but they allowed Barnsley to open up, due to poor positioning. Also yet again, if it wasn't for Kasper we would of drawn, world class save from a set piece header.

All in all, we played quite well, but the last ten minutes, was hard to watch. 

No real stand out performances today, Nugent obviously did well scoring two goals, one thankfully from open play. Defence was solid again, and it needed to be, I thought De Laet in particular had a good game today.

Roll on Cider Land.

Forget this we could have lost to these lat season bollocks. Fact is This season we have taken more points from Barnsley than we did in both games last season. We have started very well and it's good to see us winning games that we are expected to win. This is where we have always struggled. We can analyse the situation all day long but this is a results business. Credit to the lads for holding on.. Doing things the hard way is a typical Leicester thing so relax and enjoy the ride.

I said we would've thrown games away last season, e.g. allowing sides like Barnsley to find back into the flow and equalize. It's got little to nothing to do with losing.

Although it makes for a nice revenge when you think of how we lost at Oakwell last season.

Despite the win, I'm not overly pleased.

We made it a lot harder, than it should of been. We were all over them for most of the game, but instead of taking chances and shooting, we tried to walk it into the net too often. Then Barnsley started to have good spells, where they just were allowed to walk through our midfield, and get some shots on target from range. King and Drinkwater on the ball and defensively played well, but they allowed Barnsley to open up, due to poor positioning. Also yet again, if it wasn't for Kasper we would of drawn, world class save from a set piece header.

All in all, we played quite well, but the last ten minutes, was hard to watch.

No real stand out performances today, Nugent obviously did well scoring two goals, one thankfully from open play. Defence was solid again, and it needed to be, I thought De Laet in particular had a good game today.

Roll on Cider Land.

Good analysis KF, apart from DeLaet, whose final ball today, I thought was shocking.

Dyer was MOTM for me today.

Archived