Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Leicester 2-1 Barnsley Post Match

the Leicester of last season would of folded under the pressure and would have lost ground with the leaders so I'm pretty pleased with how things are going and maybe just maybe this year we are serious challengers for promotion..

Spot on.  I thought we looked a lot more composed, patient and we played with some real quality at times.  We need to be that little bit more solid though, as a team like Barnsley should have been dead and buried.

Ffs I'm sure some people would fookin moan if they won the lottery!

This - It's as though someone has to be scrutinised every game and then announce that today's scapegoat is . . . . .

We won't play well every game, but when we are below par seeing games out is vital. 20 points from 9 games has to be our best start in the Championship ever.

We struggled first half,although Lloyd should have given us a half time lead.

We made the breakthrough early in the second half and from then there should have been one team in it.Despite our inability to kill off games we appear a lot more resilient this season.

Buzzing we got the win. That was the sort of game we would have drew or even lost last season. Dominated the game until we completely switched off and let them score KingFox was right about them seemingly walking through our midfield before the changes. Pearson should have made the changes 10 minutes earlier than he did as when Hammond and James came on we instantly looked secure and didn't look like conceding again. Really liked the narrow diamond in the 2nd half. It cut Derby open and did exactly the same thing today. It allows Knocky free roam of the pitch which is only a good thing. Glad Nugent scored in open play today but aside from that and the penalty he was shit for the other 88 minutes. All in all good win but we made it much harder for ourselves than we should have as most teams have gone on to score 4-5 past these but we let them back into it.

Must be one of the only people who thought we played bloody well today. Yes, their goal was disappointing and made it a tense finish, but some of our passing and football was superb. Could have been 5-1 but for Jack Butland.

I agree.  For the most part we were very good.  When teams come with the game plan of sticking 11 men behind the ball, it's always going to be difficult but we coped well in the end.

Must be one of the only people who thought we played bloody well today. Yes, their goal was disappointing and made it a tense finish, but some of our passing and football was superb. Could have been 5-1 but for Jack Butland.

It's not that we played well its more to do with not putting them to the sword earlier,you could sense the tension from the fans.

It's not that we played well its more to do with not putting them to the sword earlier,you could sense the tension from the fans.

Yeah I get that; we should have scored more goals, and defended better for their goal. They were dreadful. However, we didn't 'grind out a scrappy result' as some have said. We played some good stuff and created lots of chances. Start of the season we weren't playing well, but we've stepped it up.

Was it me or did Lloyd Dyer play a free role today? lol

Yes he did!

City were much the better side for 75 mins and should've been 4-0 up. They can into it when our midfield started to tire and McCourt's class started to show. Enjoyable match for me, good result, much closer than it should've been but deserved win and we've got a very strong bench now as well.

We had to be patient and were, glad to hear no booing (from where I was anyway).

Nugent got the two goals and I thought it was all over but a very poor goal to concede got them back in it. We could of broken down but we didn't. Good to see.

Agree with Kingfox but he needs to learn how to use commas  ;)

Great result although we should have made lighter work of it. Seemed to want to walk the ball in today or take too much time lining a shot up.

What are people's thoughts on the Knockaert penalty shout first half? It looked like he was flattened to me. Was it a foul or not???

Had an interesting thought on the way home.

We are really beginning to play like we did in NFP's first playoff season.

Sure todays team is younger and better but the important thing is this.

We have remembered how to win, unlike last season, we have simply been finding ways to 'get it done'. We have only really played well in patches and we were not exactly great today, but we were ok, against a team who only came for a point.

Also, unlike the 2009/10 team, we are capable of playing much better, we have seen glimpses and we seem to be improving, should be an interesting few months.

Not too bitter at todays results,  Our manager has just gone mad.   Took over in January last season and would have had us forth in the league from jan to april.  we showed no teams any respect and didn't lose to anyone int he top 8 on our rivival. 

Suddenly hes decided to abandon what  got him success last year and play very negative  men behind the ball tactics which you saw today.  Saying that when your down the bottom you get no luck at all.  like our disallowed goal today

2cqnxaw.jpg

Good luck rest of season, think you may do it tis year :)

Not too bitter at todays results,  Our manager has just gone mad.   Took over in January last season and would have had us forth in the league from jan to april.  we showed no teams any respect and didn't lose to anyone int he top 8 on our rivival. 

Suddenly hes decided to abandon what  got him success last year and play very negative  men behind the ball tactics which you saw today.  Saying that when your down the bottom you get no luck at all.  like our disallowed goal today

2cqnxaw.jpg

Good luck rest of season, think you may do it tis year :)

Cheers. If that really is the build up to that goal then he's well onside.

I suppose we've got incredibly lucky there.

Cheers. If that really is the build up to that goal then he's well onside.

I suppose we've got incredibly lucky there.

We've had at very least our fair share of bad luck in the past so take it and run with it.

Its called 'winning ugly' in the past few seasons we would have drawn or even lost from our position yesterday, still think the best is yet to come and some team is going to get a good thumping from City, like Bristol away last season, could it be Yeovil? I will be there just like the Bristol game.... ;0)

A good win in the end but Nigel really should have made the changes sooner. The midfield was being overrun, not entirely King or Drinkwater's fault, as they brought on Cywka who played 'in the hole' and we quite simply didn't have enough bodies in there to pick him up. They had a couple of chances resulting from this, in particular a save from Cykwa which resulted in the corner from which Kasper produced that magnificent save, and on another day it would have cost us.

We should have been out of sight before half time they were that negative and unambitious (5-4-1? Really?) however we got the all important win in the end. It's clear to see this year that the squad is much stronger and there is much more competition for places, which was a huge problem last season. We needed to sure up the midfield yesterday, and we were able to do that. Truly believe this year could be our year.

Archived