Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Who is the best manager we could get?

This is not a pearson dig, or a pearson out thread..

I'm just interested in your opinions on who you think the best manager would be for Leicester city f.c?

For me, at this present moment, Nigel Pearson is the best manager for the cause,

He has his issues, but he knows the players and ultimately is doing best for the club, building a strong youth ethic then adding experience.

If it were not Nigel at the helm,

I personally would love to see Alan curbishley come back into management.

That would be highly unlikely, so stick with nige!!

Who would you have for our club?

Just curious.

Nigel is the man for us IMO 

Wouldn't particularly want anyone else out there who would realistically come to us. If Pearson got the sack we'd probably end up with Dowie or Warnock or some other willy puller like that.

The names people were chucking about over the summer (O'Neill, Di Matteo, Lennon) would never come to us. A club with massive expectations and not a pot to piss in isn't exactly going to be a big draw. Makes me all the more appreciative of the tough job Pearson's had to do.

For the current situation it probably is Pearson, although I was very intrigued when that Rene Girard (won Ligue 1 with Montpellier in 2012, huge achievement) said he wanted to manage a Championship side.

Free flowing/Attacking football?

Would be nice to see!

Only problem is you need to do it at this level, its easier in the prem to play free flowing as you have more space on the ball, A La Swansea, However doing it at this level is hard, would need technical players with a bit of brute!

Would be a nice sight to see, where is he now?

Free flowing/Attacking football?

Would be nice to see!

Only problem is you need to do it at this level, its easier in the prem to play free flowing as you have more space on the ball, A La Swansea, However doing it at this level is hard, would need technical players with a bit of brute!

Would be a nice sight to see, where is he now?

Swansea played good football in League One, the Championship and now the Premier League.

Big believer that you have to know this level to manage at this level.

Which leads me on to this. I agree that knowing this league helps, but I really do think a belief in what you're doing, an identifiable philosophy and patience is as vital as knowing the league. I had a bit of a read on Girard and it would appear he's very much a 4-2-3-1 man who favours attacking football and keeping it on the floor. He'd have had this side playing some cracking stuff IMO and Knockaert (who he wanted to sign as Montpellier boss who were in the 'Champions' League at the time) would've absolutely flourished. I don't think Sven's lack of knowledge in this league is what stopped him succeeding in it, I think it was his own lack of desire which reflected in his sides.

Girard I believe is now at Lille. I quote him though "I want to manage in England, either the Premier League or a big Championship club", so he'd definitely have come here IMO.

I'm glad we stuck with Pearson but this bloke would've been my first choice to replace him, without a question.

I honestly think NP is the man for the job. He has reduced the wage bill, got rid of the egos and has made us more competitive. Also he has brought in young players that should be worth more than we bought them for if we come to sell.

Its hard to say who else I'd like to see here. Before he went to Bolton I actually thought Dougie Freedman would have a bright future but not so much now.

For the current situation it probably is Pearson, although I was very intrigued when that Rene Girard (won Ligue 1 with Montpellier in 2012, huge achievement) said he wanted to manage a Championship side.

That's the bloke I was thinking of but couldn't think of his name, but seems very talented.

I think if we fail again this season, he is the sort of manager we need to be looking at, have succeeded abroad and are talented and ambitious.

Swansea played good football in League One, the Championship and now the Premier League.

Which leads me on to this. I agree that knowing this league helps, but I really do think a belief in what you're doing, an identifiable philosophy and patience is as vital as knowing the league. I had a bit of a read on Girard and it would appear he's very much a 4-2-3-1 man who favours attacking football and keeping it on the floor. He'd have had this side playing some cracking stuff IMO and Knockaert (who he wanted to sign as Montpellier boss who were in the 'Champions' League at the time) would've absolutely flourished. I don't think Sven's lack of knowledge in this league is what stopped him succeeding in it, I think it was his own lack of desire which reflected in his sides.

Girard I believe is now at Lille. I quote him though "I want to manage in England, either the Premier League or a big Championship club", so he'd definitely have come here IMO.

I'm glad we stuck with Pearson but this bloke would've been my first choice to replace him, without a question.

I love the 4-2-3-1, Best formation IMO 

Yes swansea did do it, and it was very nice to see! 

I'm going to look up on this bloke a bit more!

Realistically, none. I don't see anyone not at a club as being hugely better than Pearson who would be willing to work in the Championship.

O'Neill is a romantic notion. Adkins would've been my choice before he went to Reading.

I think the job Pearson is doing atm is hugely underestimated even by his biggest fans.

To reduce the wage bill, get rid of the tat whilst bringing in better younger players who have the potential to only get better yet are on a smaller wage whilst keeping the team unity at the same time as introducing and trying out new formations to fit an ever evolving championship is no small achievement IMO.

look how the likes of Bolton and Blackburn are coping... and they have a much larger budget than us!

Sven Goran Erikson possibly? He has a lot of respect in the football world from the players that have played under his management, Heskey himself even said Sven was the best tactically and Martin O Neill was the worst. I think despite previous attempts to lure him after the disapointment at Sunderland MON would now 1 day consider managing us again not that he is needed at the moment with Pearson doing a decent job.

Glenn ****ing Hoddle. England have regressed as a footballing nation since he was in charge at the 98 world cup. He'd have us playing like Barcelona and also I love the man, one of my favourite players to have never played for Leicester plus I admire the fact that he's honest and say's it how it is despite how hated it makes him within football (FA, other managers etc).

Glenn ****ing Hoddle. England have regressed as a footballing nation since he was in charge at the 98 world cup. He'd have us playing like Barcelona and also I love the man, one of my favourite players to have never played for Leicester plus I admire the fact that he's honest and say's it how it is despite how hated it makes him within football (FA, other managers etc).

That's a good shout IMO. I'm a fan of his.

Archived