Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Who is the best manager we could get?

Glenn ****ing Hoddle. England have regressed as a footballing nation since he was in charge at the 98 world cup. He'd have us playing like Barcelona and also I love the man, one of my favourite players to have never played for Leicester plus I admire the fact that he's honest and say's it how it is despite how hated it makes him within football (FA, other managers etc).

He was absolute shite at Spurs and Wolves.

Fergie, he must be bored by now, he always liked us when MON was here and he let us borrow the likes of cleverly, so I think he could be interested.

If Pearson went, I think RDM would be a good shout, not sure why, but I like the guy.

MON is nothing without his coaching staff. The hoddle one interests me, I never rated the guy as england manager at the time, I felt he had got luck at Chelsea, with the players he was able to bring over to England. But in hindsight I think he had us playing some really decent stuff, but I think the same as with MON, maybe the game has moved on, how much interest does he still pay to English football, he's been out in spain doing this coaching school for a while now. Has he taken his eye off the ball, does he want a management job?

Before people start taking the mick, i've got a strange inkling that if we lose to Huddersfield. Nigel could face the bullet! why? my guess would be because the board would start to panic and immediately think the wheels have come off. Personally i would give Nigel christmas and if it appears by then, we've gone off the rails then fair enough and decision as got to be made, but unlike last time i want the board to have an replacement in mind. 

Before people start taking the mick, i've got a strange inkling that if we lose to Huddersfield. Nigel could face the bullet! why? my guess would be because the board would start to panic and immediately think the wheels have come off. Personally i would give Nigel christmas and if it appears by then, we've gone off the rails then fair enough and decision as got to be made, but unlike last time i want the board to have an replacement in mind.

Your posts are just conjecture

You pluck things from absolutely nowhere.

Given our start and the fact we have no money for a new manager to spend I'd happily run onto the pitch and hand my season ticket back to the dug-out should Pearson not be here come xmas.

In answer to the OP.....

Nigel Pearson.

No debate.

Close thread.

They didn't panic throughout the run last season, why would they do it after two defeats?

Nigel Pearson has done a great job. Shifted big earners, got a good young squad which can only develop and laced it some experience both EPL and on the on the continent. Everything is in place for a good season it just needs delivering. We are actually spoilt with some very good football on ocassions but just need to be more clinical and drop that utterly shit game we seem to once a month. Running a tight ship atm + can't think of anyone better imo.

I think the job Pearson is doing atm is hugely underestimated even by his biggest fans.

To reduce the wage bill, get rid of the tat whilst bringing in better younger players who have the potential to only get better yet are on a smaller wage whilst keeping the team unity at the same time as introducing and trying out new formations to fit an ever evolving championship is no small achievement IMO.

look how the likes of Bolton and Blackburn are coping... and they have a much larger budget than us!

This!

If anyone was thinking about signing RDM then surely they'd have done it in the close season rather than wait till the transfer window is closed.

I don't understand why he'd not be bothered about taking a job just because Chelsea are apying him, we slate players who take the same attitude.

If anyone was thinking about signing RDM then surely they'd have done it in the close season rather than wait till the transfer window is closed.

I don't understand why he'd not be bothered about taking a job just because Chelsea are apying him, we slate players who take the same attitude.

for once we agree hackney,

I'm worried that RDM is overrated though by everyone, 

At the end of the day, He was an assistant.. and he took over CHELSEA!

Fair play he done very well there, but If anything was expected, it was to do well!

I like him, but he's a bit like alot of young managers, and unproven for me. IMO

Oh dear.

If he was overrated by everyone he'd be in employment by now.

I don't believe there was an expectation he'd do well, he stepped in and took over a team who weren't functioning, he allowed the older players back in and had the luckiest run ever to win the CL.

Oh dear.

If he was overrated by everyone he'd be in employment by now.

I don't believe there was an expectation he'd do well, he stepped in and took over a team who weren't functioning, he allowed the older players back in and had the luckiest run ever to win the CL.

You enjoy arguments don't you :)

I said fair play he done well.. but he managed chelsea! That's the point!

It was his job to make the team play to their ability, and he done VERY well at that, But he had world class at his disposal.

Archived