Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Respect Zone Success

“atmosphere that encourages more families to enjoy football at King Power Stadium."

“The concept is to remove the social stigma attached to football of ‘us and them’

“We feel that these mixed zones will assist in breaking down barriers between fans and will help to create the Leicester City fans of the future.â€

Kevin Barclay is an utter twat, he should go manage a pre-school and focus on a family atmosphere there.

Get the fvck out of my club.

“The concept is to remove the social stigma attached to football of ‘us and them".

This is the reason I love football. **** sake.

Of course, without this respect zone it was always going to kick off between the sets of supporters of Leicester and Bournemouth lol

Are they doing this for the Forest game, given the success and subsequent back slapping, when there might be a bit more of an "us and them" mentality? Or maybe hold off until the Yeovil match with all the risks around that one?

Kevin Barclay is an utter twat, he should go manage a pre-school and focus on a family atmosphere there.

Get the fvck out of my club.

Exactly.

The whole "assist in breaking down barriers between fans" is the killer for me. Its the most ridiuclous thing ive ever read. Barriers between home and away fans is half the fun of football. We dont need to break them down. As for saying it will create future leicester city fans, thats bollocks too. Attending a memorable game with great football and great chanting between fans is what drew me back season after season. Not making friends with some little **** from Bournemouth.

Never get stuff like this. Yeah the atmosphere could be better, but at the end of the day I attend the game to support Leicester regardless of what anybody else is doing.

You can complain til kingdom come about the steady erosion of proper atmosphere at football grounds, but if you're still giving them your money then ain't nothing gonna change. The only way things will change is if people vote with their feet. It wouldn't take long. If everyone boycotted the football for six months then we'd get anything and everything we want - safe standing, away fans next to the kop, cheaper tickets... the lot. Either you want these things or you don't. If you don't then by all means keep going. If you do then you just need to stop going right now. Stop feeding the machine and it will soon break down.

Reading it again, this hasn't half been heavily spun.

There were 500 people in there, which sounds impressive or depressing depending upon your point of view, then we find out it was basically packed with 'Grass Roots' football teams from Leicestershire and Hampshire FAs as well as their representatives.

I bet the number of people who actually paid for tickets barely hit triple figures in the grand scheme of things. Fans who are committed enough to travel from the South Coast to Leicester would surely want to stand with other fans who are committed enough to travel from the South Coast to Leicester, not some child footballers they've never met or cared about.

There were 500 people in there, which sounds impressive or depressing depending upon your point of view, then we find out it was basically packed with 'Grass Roots' football teams from Leicestershire and Hampshire FAs as well as their representatives.

I bet the number of people who actually paid for tickets barely hit triple figures in the grand scheme of things. Fans who are committed enough to travel from the South Coast to Leicester would surely want to stand with other fans who are committed enough to travel from the South Coast to Leicester, not some child footballers they've never met or cared about.

It's a self-congratulatory piece that is impressing no-one or fooling anyone. Leicester v Bournemouth was never going to attract in-ground trouble, it's why they chose it. Like they did against Doncaster in 2012. There was little "us v them" because a) We haven't played them for 20+ years so no previous and b) Bournemouth brought a third of the away section capacity.

If they carried it out successfully against Forest, Derby or Leeds then fair play, but they won't try it because it won't work, then brushed under the carpet or excused.

I quite like the idea of a zone where fans are mixed but only as part of an inclusive plan that had non-mixed standing areas and non-mixed seating areas. I wouldn't want it to be forced on people.

I don't see the harm in it either. I know when I've been to Tigers, it allows for some good banter (ie, Kingfox isn't involved.) You don't have to aggressively berate the opposition - both sides should be able to take it on the chin and give as good as they get. It would however hamper the "block" singing.... but we don't really have that anyway :(

Totally this. It was evident on the day as you could see all the kids sat together in there with their free t-shirts they'd been given.

Total and utter shite.

I don't see the harm in it either. I know when I've been to Tigers, it allows for some good banter (ie, Kingfox isn't involved.) You don't have to aggressively berate the opposition - both sides should be able to take it on the chin and give as good as they get. It would however hamper the "block" singing.... but we don't really have that anyway :(

The idea is stupid because they would never allow it for adults. I think it would be a decent idea if anyone could go into the mixed section because the banter would be epic. But it will never happen becuase of "safety". It will always just be little kids or nothing which just seems pointless as its just another large space between the home section and the away section.

I can't say I was monitoring every section of the ground for 90 mins, but I did see the stewards pile in to the mixed zone to take someone out; I didn't notice this anywhere else.

Still, a "success". Ho ho.

Maybe in a few years time I'll be able to go the panto and eff and blind to relieve my frustrations as all the kids will be down the footy.

I can't say I was monitoring every section of the ground for 90 mins, but I did see the stewards pile in to the mixed zone to take someone out; I didn't notice this anywhere else.

Still, a "success". Ho ho.

Maybe in a few years time I'll be able to go the panto and eff and blind to relieve my frustrations as all the kids will be down the footy.

"He's ****ing behind you, you dozy ****!"

Football has moved on Larry mate, these things will only increase, just the way it is.

They'll keep hammering their 'agenda' until there's nothing left. 

Then everyone will sit together holding hands. Just think of the money the club will save in stewarding & policing!

Meanwhile we are the laughing stock of Europe.

I personally wouldn't touch this with a bargepole, but the truth is, I went to the game and didn't even know it was happening.  So it's difficult to get too upset about it.

The idea that the club are making the 'fans of the future' more respectful and, lets face it, easier to steward is worrying.  The powers that be obviously do not like bog standard football fans and would like them to be different.

However...sitting next to a Bournmouth fan or a Reading fan in a mixed area is not going to have the same impact as sitting next to your dad or your mate and seeing how they support their team and copying it.  

The club, therefore, are pissing in the wind.  And...if the powers that be dislike football fans so much, maybe they should go somewhere else.

Archived