Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

7 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Replayed MGS5 a few months ago. Great game even though it doesn't quite "feel" like Metal Gear. 

Currently replaying MGS4. Bonkers, overblown (even more than usual) but a great game and still looks amazing.

i would love to replay 4. 5 doesnt feel like a metal gear i agree. the open world feels wrong for the series, and having to stop play to get in a helicopter all the time doesnt help it flow. but im gonna try and stick it out this time

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1

Still cant put Days Gone down. Love going up against Hordes and feeling genuine terror when they chase me. Im a nervous wreck on Easy mode im not sure i dare attempt Survival mode. Though the idea of it intrigues me. I presume minimal items and a 1 hit kill. I may just give it a go once i complete the game just for a laugh

• Like 1

Ghost of Tsushima done on PS5. Quite good overall, certainly very beautiful and the combat is satisfying. I did feel it starting to outstay its welcome towards the end and as always the map full of random encounters and checklists of samey side content wore me down - with the exception of the tales featuring your pals, which were infinitely more engaging than the main story and its dull protagonist. There's apparently a standalone expansion in the vein of Lost Legacy and Miles Morales in the works so that's nice. I was glad when it was over but wouldn't say no to another, smaller helping, if that makes sense.

Now making my way through the freshly upgraded Metro Exodus, and then it'll be time to join the real big spenders with my first full fat next-gen game in Returnal.

AC Valhalla on PS5.  7 hours in.  About a third of Norway done.  Nowhere near England.

Early impressions, graphics aside which are excellent, game plays better than Odyssey which ran stale following Origins as it was just more of the same.  

This one, although similar, has enough different about it to stick with it.  I prefer that the endless question marks have gone, feels less of a checkpoint chore doing stuff.  Combat is ok, assassinations too easy as always but can't be bothered to up the difficulty just to run into sponge bosses.  

I like the setting and the musical score.  Will definitely platinum - 113 hours to go.  lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Quick poll. How many games do you all have on the go at once or do you go full on with one game and complete? I’m more of the latter so my buying pace outstrips my playing pace! 

Great question. Back in the day in the late 90s when I was a wee nipper I’d usually buy one game and not buy another until I completed it.

These days? Now I’m working and got

more disposable income mixed with highly available games just ready to download digitally and play at the touch of a button…

Im buying games left, right and centre and I’m left with a massive backlog. Only got the Switch in October and I’ve got about 30 games in the backlog whilst playing about 5 or 6 games simultaneously.

Need to sort it out and concentrate on one game at a time again. But then Hades is available for £15 so I snap that up making 31 games in the backlog lol.

Edit: Just looked it up….

N64: 24 games owned

Gamecube: 12 games owned

Wii: 15 games owned

Switch: 30 games owned - only had it 9 months lol. Need to slow down on the purchases.

Edited by Oswinner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Oswinner said:

Great question. Back in the day in the late 90s when I was a wee nipper I’d usually buy one game and not buy another until I completed it.

These days? Now I’m working and got

more disposable income mixed with highly available games just ready to download digitally and play at the touch of a button…

Im buying games left, right and centre and I’m left with a massive backlog. Only got the Switch in October and I’ve got about 30 games in the backlog whilst playing about 5 or 6 games simultaneously.

Need to sort it out and concentrate on one game at a time again. But then Hades is available for £15 so I snap that up making 31 games in the backlog lol.

Edit: Just looked it up….

N64: 24 games owned

Gamecube: 12 games owned

Wii: 15 games owned

Switch: 30 games owned - only had it 9 months lol. Need to slow down on the purchases.

Same here. Daren’t even count how many I have on my PS3,4,5 and PC! It’s so tempting to think, “oh, that’s just a tenner or fifteen and amazing. I’ll play for sure”. Still not even played MGS4, let alone 5. Or Horizon Zero Dawn or Jedi Fallen Order. I’ve finally gotten round to Spider-man and nearly completed the DLC now, and always thing “why didn’t I play this sooner?”  Work and life got in the way of course but so did bloody FIFA. Stopped playing that about a month ago and been much happier. Playing a game with a story and  having some escapism is where it’s at! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Quick poll. How many games do you all have on the go at once or do you go full on with one game and complete? I’m more of the latter so my buying pace outstrips my playing pace! 

More than 2 long games is too much.  So I have Valhalla and MEffect123.  That's plenty.  Although I see Jedi FO is now only 22 quid on ps5...  tempted especially since the upgraded version has now been patched in.

Shadowrun trilogy is free on GOG so i started that. its brilliant, really enjoying it, so to answer the previous question, currently i am playing

Shadowrun
Metal Gear Solid 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Football Manager
iRacing
ANNO 1800
Euro truck simulator 2
and a bit of Dead by Daylight

its no wonder i never finish anything

Just now, Beliall said:

Shadowrun trilogy is free on GOG so i started that. its brilliant, really enjoying it, so to answer the previous question, currently i am playing

Shadowrun
Metal Gear Solid 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Football Manager
iRacing
ANNO 1800
Euro truck simulator 2

Red Dead 2 is a fantastic game. Played it through lockdown and for me is one of the best games I’ve ever played.

• Like 2

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Red Dead 2 is a fantastic game. Played it through lockdown and for me is one of the best games I’ve ever played.

i agree, but my attention span is shit. i get bored of everything if its too long, its why i didnt really like the last of us 2. way too long and full of pointless filler

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Shadowrun
Metal Gear Solid 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Football Manager
iRacing
ANNO 1800
Euro truck simulator 2

The Shadowrun games are unblievably moreish, no idea why they stopped at Hong Kong.

Currently playing

Horizon Zero Dawn - needed to get round to finishing this before Forbidden West comes out

The Last of Us 2 - wanted to replay with the new update

Pokemon Ultra Moon - been playing through every generation towards having a living dex

Resident Evil Series - played and finished Village when it came out, now starting the whole series again and about half way through RE0

Football Manager - pretty much always playing this in the background

Other than FM which I am pretty much always playing on my PC, I have periods where I only play one game all day, then switch games the next day, and so on

Edited by moore_94

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

More than 2 long games is too much.  So I have Valhalla and MEffect123.  That's plenty.  Although I see Jedi FO is now only 22 quid on ps5...  tempted especially since the upgraded version has now been patched in.

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Shadowrun
Metal Gear Solid 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Football Manager
iRacing
ANNO 1800
Euro truck simulator 2

Couple of big games at the same times in those lists (by big I mean immersive and / open world).  Not sure my brain could take that! I think I'm going to pound through the rest of the Spider-Man DLC this weekend and then start the next one.  HZD and Fallen Order both seem tempting and both updated on PS5.  Any recs on what to do next after Spidey so it's not too similar.  Could always go Last of Us as well - yeah, I've not played that yet! LOL 

36 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Couple of big games at the same times in those lists (by big I mean immersive and / open world).  Not sure my brain could take that! I think I'm going to pound through the rest of the Spider-Man DLC this weekend and then start the next one.  HZD and Fallen Order both seem tempting and both updated on PS5.  Any recs on what to do next after Spidey so it's not too similar.  Could always go Last of Us as well - yeah, I've not played that yet! LOL 

HZD is capped at 30fps still.  There is no PS5 upgrade currently for it.  It is free on the PS store though including the excellent Frozen Wilds expansion.  It will take roughly 80 hours to platinum.

Fallen Order does have a PS5 upgrade though so will probably get that at some point this year.  Depends on when Ratchet falls below £40 - if that happens after I've done AC I'll get that first.

I think it's quite possible that Horizon FW will still get pushed back into early 2022 even though they've stated a Q4 '21 release window.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Work and life got in the way of course but so did bloody FIFA. Stopped playing that about a month ago and been much happier. Playing a game with a story and  having some escapism is where it’s at! 

For sure. I’ve stopped playing FIFA aswell and been so much happier for it. That game needs a revolution. Same old crap every single year. In fact between 2010-2020 I only really played sports titles and I have missed so much. That’s why the Switch has been good for me. Loads of ports to catch up on games I have missed over the last decade! Bioshock Trilogy, Resident Evil, Skyrim are all games I have purchased in the last few months but not even started yet…

I seriously need to whittle this current backlog down…!

It doesn’t help that I’ve got 30 switch games and I’ve been spending a lot of my gaming hours playing the SNES online working through Mario All-Stars and the Donkey Kong Country trilogy!!

Edited by Oswinner
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 22:44, HoustonFox said:

Later. I find if I try to play through different games at the same time playing one will affect how I play the other, or I'll get key presses mixed up, such as using L1 to shoot when i should use X.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2021 at 13:24, Oswinner said:

For sure. I’ve stopped playing FIFA aswell and been so much happier for it. That game needs a revolution. Same old crap every single year. In fact between 2010-2020 I only really played sports titles and I have missed so much. That’s why the Switch has been good for me. Loads of ports to catch up on games I have missed over the last decade! Bioshock Trilogy, Resident Evil, Skyrim are all games I have purchased in the last few months but not even started yet…

I seriously need to whittle this current backlog down…!

It doesn’t help that I’ve got 30 switch games and I’ve been spending a lot of my gaming hours playing the SNES online working through Mario All-Stars and the Donkey Kong Country trilogy!!

You're in for a treat!

• Like 1

Got a few games for my bday. Tony Hawk remake, It Takes Two, Nier Replicant and Persona 5 Strikers.

It Takes Two is a great bit of fun. There really aren't enough couch co-op games these days so it's nice to see someone really put some effort into them,

• Like 1

I tend to stick to one game, complete it and then look for the next one. Before i moved house i had like every console so i would always have 1 game on the go on each console and flip between them. Now though i only have a PS4 so i just stick to the one until its done. Days Gone at the moment. Then im thinking of Mass Effect trilogy as i have never played ME and heard its incredible. ME2 regularly comes up as one of the best Playstation games ever so im looking forward to it.

Andddd ive come across a problem. Im in the middle of a mission on Days Gone that involves going to the Community College. I make my way over there and the game doesnt load up the scenery properly. The route in involves boosting up your accomplice which wont load up. I manage to get through into the fencing around the college due to a glitch but once in and the cutscene starts i thought ok ive got away with it, only to find that my accomplice wont follow me to move a bookcase, with which now im completely stuck. I cant continue the mission.

Ive tried loading up an earlier save and making my wy over the college outside of the mission and the scenery is the exact same. So im worried now that if i continue other missions i know i will get to a point where i will have to complete the college in order to continue the game.

I have gone off it now but i will try again later. If it doesnt work i will try an uninstall/reinstall. If that doesnt work then i think my game will come to a sudden halt.

Just looking online if others have had similar problems. It does seem that people have had problems with that area of the game.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Andddd ive come across a problem. Im in the middle of a mission on Days Gone that involves going to the Community College. I make my way over there and the game doesnt load up the scenery properly. The route in involves boosting up your accomplice which wont load up. I manage to get through into the fencing around the college due to a glitch but once in and the cutscene starts i thought ok ive got away with it, only to find that my accomplice wont follow me to move a bookcase, with which now im completely stuck. I cant continue the mission.

Ive tried loading up an earlier save and making my wy over the college outside of the mission and the scenery is the exact same. So im worried now that if i continue other missions i know i will get to a point where i will have to complete the college in order to continue the game.

I have gone off it now but i will try again later. If it doesnt work i will try an uninstall/reinstall. If that doesnt work then i think my game will come to a sudden halt.

Just looking online if others have had similar problems. It does seem that people have had problems with that area of the game.

Panic over. Loaded up the game and it works fine. Though i did lose my bike in the middle of the college so once the game reloaded i had to walk all the way back to camp. Good job its on easy mode lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I tend to stick to one game, complete it and then look for the next one. Before i moved house i had like every console so i would always have 1 game on the go on each console and flip between them. Now though i only have a PS4 so i just stick to the one until its done. Days Gone at the moment. Then im thinking of Mass Effect trilogy as i have never played ME and heard its incredible. ME2 regularly comes up as one of the best Playstation games ever so im looking forward to it.

Get the trilogy.

ME still holds up pretty well and will only take you 35 hours.  ME2 is superb.  I haven't got onto ME3 yet and am now doing the Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc on ME2.  I've spent 45 hours on it in total so far.  All the dlc has been great having missed out on this first time round.

Go for an infiltrator build.  Snipers have been fixed in the remake and the cloak is pretty cool.

• Like 1