Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

11 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Took the plunge on Village. Wasn't going to yet, but 34 quid on CD Keys tempted me. Only started it so don't yet an opinion but will report back. See if I can get it done before Mass Effect is out. 

Apparently takes around 10-13 hours to finish (depending on how much you like to explore etc.) Although of course the whole point of RE games is replay value

Just hit about 2 hours in, having fun so far and really enjoying it. Pretty linear at the start but I think I have just reached a point where it opens up for a bit more exploring

The gun aiming seemed slow at the start but you get used to it pretty quickly

Resident Evil Village done!

Gameplay, enemies, puzzles and the environment of the world are great, not quite as "scary" as RE7, but most certainly still has its own very creepy moments

Story is very good in my opinion, you get a good backstory about the village and everything that has happened etc. and how it all ties into RE7

As below it took me just over 9 hours on normal difficulty and I liked to explore all the areas (still managed to miss a few collectables), but of course the main point of RE games is the replay value, and I most certainly will be replaying it, might even go for the platinum!

Probably give it an 8-8.5 out of 10, the gunplay can be a bit annoying at times and unless you are used to the way RE makes you figure out puzzles and paths etc. it could be quite confusing in some places, but still a very good game, and for those that are fans of the series and enjoyed RE7 I highly recommend it!

Can't wait to see what DLC they bring out as there are quite a few different routes it could go, and would also be very interesting to see how they would take it into RE9

image.png.ad39ff8fb56aac09a216e248bed0258a.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Just started RE Village, just under an hour in, decent so far but obviously not enough to judge properly. Agree with @moore_94 regarding gunplay, seems a bit ‘wavy’ almost, seems to float around a bit when aiming. Otherwise looking forward to really getting into it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Just started RE Village, just under an hour in, decent so far but obviously not enough to judge properly. Agree with @moore_94 regarding gunplay, seems a bit ‘wavy’ almost, seems to float around a bit when aiming. Otherwise looking forward to really getting into it!

Yeah first couple of hours the gunplay is a bit weird, when you start having to do a bit more running and gunning you get used to it though

I suppose it is more realistic compared with games like Call of Duty where you can basically snap your aim onto enemies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah first couple of hours the gunplay is a bit weird, when you start having to do a bit more running and gunning you get used to it though

I suppose it is more realistic compared with games like Call of Duty where you can basically snap your aim onto enemies

Sounds a lot more RE4 in terms of ‘action’ gameplay rather than the slower, more methodical RE7 gameplay. Definitely don’t mind that though if it’s well done, which by all reviews it is.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Sounds a lot more RE4 in terms of ‘action’ gameplay rather than the slower, more methodical RE7 gameplay. Definitely don’t mind that though if it’s well done, which by all reviews it is.

A lot of people have said that Village is the “true sequel” to RE4 in terms of the gameplay style, but there are certainly parts of the game that carry over from RE7

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I haven't got The Village but played the demos. Make sure you've got Movement Camera and Aiming Camera Acceleration turned off (or none?). The demos had it automatically on and it made aiming have that floaty feel.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

I finished Returnal last weekend, now grinding for the Plat'. Hyper addictive game, looks, sounds and feels amazing at times. It's by far the best use of the PS5's haptic controllers I've felt. There's a couple of guns that are insanely satisfying to use because of it. Played a bit of Bioshock Infinite (for the hundredth time) while deciding whether to get The Village and it felt like I'd lost one of my senses. Returnal's first area is tough, as is the boss, but after that it found its rhythm.  

• Like 1

Think I’m near the end of RE Village. Started out thinking the shooting was very arcady but it really is an excellent game. Like others have said, no where near as terrifying as 7 and I really haven’t died much at all on Standard compared to 7.

Definitely taken longer than 10 hours, I’ve been exploring loads and got lost for a full hour trying to figure out what to do next at one point.

• Like 2

Playing through the last guardian again. I've never played such a lopsided game. The controls are frustrating as hell, the frame rate is choppy and my god the camera, especially in tight spaces, is borderline rage inducing. But even with all the technical issues that plague it it's one of the most beautiful, thought provoking and genuinely moving games I've ever played. The design of the creature, technically, is incredible, the movement of the boy is amazing, there are just magical moments littered throughout, it's a game that genuinely feels like a world that a game just happens to take place in, rather than the gamified bull of nearly all modern games with a modicum of a budget. It's bipolar and it's such a crying shame it has the technical issues it does because as an experience it's one of my favourite ever games. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Playing through the last guardian again. I've never played such a lopsided game. The controls are frustrating as hell, the frame rate is choppy and my god the camera, especially in tight spaces, is borderline rage inducing. But even with all the technical issues that plague it it's one of the most beautiful, thought provoking and genuinely moving games I've ever played. The design of the creature, technically, is incredible, the movement of the boy is amazing, there are just magical moments littered throughout, it's a game that genuinely feels like a world that a game just happens to take place in, rather than the gamified bull of nearly all modern games with a modicum of a budget. It's bipolar and it's such a crying shame it has the technical issues it does because as an experience it's one of my favourite ever games. 

If you never played it before, highly recommend getting a month of ps now and playing through Ico.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Am a Fumito Ueda fanboy, love that game to bits, Shadow of the Colossus maybe my favourite of the 3, never enjoyed platinuming a game as much as the absolutely brilliant remake on ps4. 

Ico terrified me as a kid, I couldn't play it I'd just turn it off when the shadows came.

Played it as an adult and its beauty and atmosphere gobsmacked me. I've still got the original ps2 game somewhere, with all the nice artwork included.

picked up Days Gone on PC, and aside from a small issue with the xbox controls, its a fantastic game. really enjoyable, with some interesting twists and a true sense of danger ever when doing mundane fetch quests. highly recommend it

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 23:55, Costock_Fox said:

Think I’m near the end of RE Village. Started out thinking the shooting was very arcady but it really is an excellent game. Like others have said, no where near as terrifying as 7 and I really haven’t died much at all on Standard compared to 7.

Definitely taken longer than 10 hours, I’ve been exploring loads and got lost for a full hour trying to figure out what to do next at one point.

Finished this, loved it. Definitely going to replay 7 and then 8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Finished this, loved it. Definitely going to replay 7 and then 8.

Just started a replay of 7 myself, interested in seeing how much certain revelations in 8 link in with 7

I have also gone and bought all the other Resident Evil games for my Playstation so once I have finished 7 I am going to play them all through starting with RE0

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just started a replay of 7 myself, interested in seeing how much certain revelations in 8 link in with 7

I have also gone and bought all the other Resident Evil games for my Playstation so once I have finished 7 I am going to play them all through starting with RE0

Nice one, I’ve replayed 2 of the remakes I think. 

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one, I’ve replayed 2 of the remakes I think. 

I have only ever played RE3 Original, 4, 7, 8

Watched plenty of playthroughs/videos on the others, but about time I experienced them all myself haha

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have only ever played RE3 Original, 4, 7, 8

Watched plenty of playthroughs/videos on the others, but about time I experienced them all myself haha

The remake of the 2nd is great, I feel like I’ve played another remake but I don’t think it was 3.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The remake of the 2nd is great, I feel like I’ve played another remake but I don’t think it was 3.

I think 1, 2 and 3 are the only games that have had a remake so far, with the other games getting "remasters" for newer consoles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I think 1, 2 and 3 are the only games that have had a remake so far, with the other games getting "remasters" for newer consoles

Make sure you do Revelations 1 and 2 also.  The first one is more creepy and atmospheric than the second, the ship makes for a great setting, but the second one is more action orientated.  Both decent enough.

I'm plugging away at Mass Effect Legendary Edition.  The first one is great.  Using FemShep this time round and working on romancing Liara after ditching Kaiden who I sacrificed on Virmire after he attempted to steal me away from her lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Make sure you do Revelations 1 and 2 also.  The first one is more creepy and atmospheric than the second, the ship makes for a great setting, but the second one is more action orientated.  Both decent enough.

I'm plugging away at Mass Effect Legendary Edition.  The first one is great.  Using FemShep this time round and working on romancing Liara after ditching Kaiden who I sacrificed on Virmire after he attempted to steal me away from her lol

Picked both of those up as well, as well as Code Veronica but sucks they don’t sell a physical version of that

I really should pick up that series at some point, my only real experience has been a bit of 3 and about half of Andromeda

Once I have finished the RE series it will probably be the one I play next