Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

32 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

About time I got myself into a new AAA time sink and as it happens both RDR2 and the Mass Effect remakes (I've not played any of the originals) are going for a reasonable price right now.  Which do I go for?

Mass Effect obviously.  3 games in one package with all the DLC content. 

RDR is massively overrated and for this reason RDR2 must be also.  lol

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

well mass effect is three games, so RDR2

I'm making a serious enquiry you big shit.

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Mass Effect obviously.  3 games in one package with all the DLC content. 

RDR is massively overrated and for this reason RDR2 must be also.  lol

Thank you, a voice of somewhat reason, although with RDR being a great game I'm not sure how much lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm making a serious enquiry you big shit.

Thank you, a voice of somewhat reason, although with RDR being a great game I'm not sure how much lol

that was a serious answer. 

if you want an action orientated RPG, go with mass effect
if you want a slow paced story game in a fantastically realised open world with lots to explore, get RDR2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

85% off Darkest Dungeon and all its DLC on steam for the next 2 days.  Great deal for a great game if any of you are into roguelite dungeon crawly games.

Speaking of, ever play Loop Hero? Had an evening on that and it's so fun. 

I still play Age of Empires 2, it’s probably 20 odd years old now. Surprisingly big and active competitive scene. Best RTS game ever made IMO. 

I only have time to play one game occasionally, so when I cba to think about strategy, I’m slowly making my way through RDR2… which is up there for the best ever open world game with Zelda Breath of the Wild for me (never played RDR1 or and other Zelda games). 

On 02/09/2021 at 17:34, kingcarr21 said:

65 hours into Valhalla. Found a mystery in Essex that made me laugh. A group of musicians were making music and a Bishop came up and complained about the racket. To stick up for the musicians i got into a fist fight with the bishop, battered him and he ran away. 

To which the musicians started singing 'Smack my Bishop' to the tune of 'Smack my Bitch up'. I thought to myself haha it sounds like the Prodigy.

Once the mystery was complete it turns out it was a mission called 'The Prodigy' lol 

I've just done this lol

Also at roughly 65 hours strangely enough.  

• Haha 1

On 18/09/2021 at 10:14, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just done this lol

Also at roughly 65 hours strangely enough.  

I am now at 115 hours and i am not far off finishing all Wealth, Mysteries and Artifacts. Just Cent to finish off and a couple of offerings elsewhere. Not sure ill bother going for platinum. Starting to feel a little bored of it all now. Ill look over the trophies and see it is isnt much more gameplay to get it.

On 20/09/2021 at 17:09, Legend_in_blue said:

Not sure what to make of Tales of Arise.  Decent reviews out there.  Anyone played the Tales games (like Tales of Berseria etc.)?

Might be worth a try although my outstanding list of games grows ever longer.

Try some of the older ones mate; its either 'for you' or it isn't.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m replaying MGS4 at the moment. Which I personally feel was a masterpiece, despite some of the initial negative feedback. 

I replayed it recently. Still holds up really well gameplay-wise. Obviously to the extreme with cutscenes (even for MGS), which is understandable as it was wrapping the story up, but I was quite surprised at how little actual gameplay there was. lol You can see why they went in the complete opposite direction for MGS5. But yeh, great game. Total fan service in Act 4. :cool:

Gave up on plat for AC Valhalla. Just cant be arsed to do all the fishing. So i found myself with nothing to play so i am currently having a blast on GTA5, starting a new game, before i get my hands on Mass Effect Trilogy. 

I forget just how good GTA5 is. Can you believe it came out just over 8 years ago. Think its about time GTA6 became a reality

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Gave up on plat for AC Valhalla. Just cant be arsed to do all the fishing. So i found myself with nothing to play so i am currently having a blast on GTA5, starting a new game, before i get my hands on Mass Effect Trilogy. 

I forget just how good GTA5 is. Can you believe it came out just over 8 years ago. Think its about time GTA6 became a reality

That your last trophy?  

It does feel like a war of attrition at this point tbf and I'm only at 72 hours.  It feels like a never-ending set of tasks to complete.  I'll keep chipping away at it though.  The story is interesting enough and I'm hoping for something decent to happen out of the animus.  Been hoping for that since Revelations though tbf.  lol

Odyssey was big enough at 95 hours to platinum.  The map in this one seems smaller but is taking much longer than expected.  Still doing Lincolnshire and have all of the north to do and the SW.

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That your last trophy?  

It does feel like a war of attrition at this point tbf and I'm only at 72 hours.  It feels like a never-ending set of tasks to complete.  I'll keep chipping away at it though.  The story is interesting enough and I'm hoping for something decent to happen out of the animus.  Been hoping for that since Revelations though tbf.  lol

Odyssey was big enough at 95 hours to platinum.  The map in this one seems smaller but is taking much longer than expected.  Still doing Lincolnshire and have all of the north to do and the SW.

Its not my last trophy but i just dont see the point in carrying on. I got to 117 hours. The ending with the Animus is very interesting so make sure you carry on. Sigurds missions become very interesting

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Its not my last trophy but i just dont see the point in carrying on. I got to 117 hours. The ending with the Animus is very interesting so make sure you carry on. Sigurds missions become very interesting

I've just entered Sussex now and will continue stick with it.

As with the previous two titles, at this stage you're so stacked up on abilities it isn't obvious which to go with.  Not that it matters too much as the combat is as easy as its ever been.  lol

On 22/09/2021 at 06:42, Pliskin said:

I’m replaying MGS4 at the moment. Which I personally feel was a masterpiece, despite some of the initial negative feedback. 

Nice! I did MGS2 recently and it was a blast.  Not played 4 or 5 yet so keep me posted. 

Currently still grinding / but enjoying Demon's Souls and probably way over powered (level ~60) now. Have some good farming spots so it's probably a matter of when rather than if on completing.  I'm not sure I can be bothered with NG+ or anything like that though.  Have done a strength / dex build and it's been more fun than seeing people just use magic from a distance on YT... although the Lava Bow does let me be sniper if I can't be bothered / am too chicken to engage directly! 

18 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just entered Sussex now and will continue stick with it.

As with the previous two titles, at this stage you're so stacked up on abilities it isn't obvious which to go with.  Not that it matters too much as the combat is as easy as its ever been.  lol

I barely changed my abilities. I never even changed my weapon. Axe and Shield all the way. I would just spam the ability where you jump in the air. There is one where you kick the enemy which i used also. Bow and arrow abilities i would just use as a novelty. Fire and poison etc just for fun. As you say the combat is way too easy.

My favourite ability was play dead. That was always a laugh lol 

Best ability by far is the explosive arrow. Not having to bother getting oil jars for breakable walls was always a winner

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 1

Replaying the entire Dishonored series. 

I love immersive sims, the OG Thief series (not Thief 2014, fvck that mess) is right up there with my favourite games of all time.

Dishonored shares much of the same DNA and I’m enjoying it all just as much second time around.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Replaying the entire Dishonored series. 

I love immersive sims, the OG Thief series (not Thief 2014, fvck that mess) is right up there with my favourite games of all time.

Dishonored shares much of the same DNA and I’m enjoying it all just as much second time around.

you may be interested in deathloop, new game in the same universe