Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Currently playing through three 2D platformers at the same time.

Super Mario Bros 3

Up to World 6.

Donkey Kong Country 2

Up to level 33/41, Arctic Abyss.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

43/48 bees.

Really enjoying each game. Impossible Lair probably the best of the lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Days Gone, seeing as it was on PS plus so I thought I’d give it a try, seems a bit of a grind to be honest and using a full tank of fuel to drive 2 KM, what’s that all about! 

I started playing it a couple of weeks ago, at the start I also found it a bit of a grind and was only really playing it for 30 minutes or so at a time

Now I have started to get into the game more, being able to get better guns, upgrade the bike, getting a bit more involved in the story it is certainly a lot more enjoyable

I can see why this game would put a lot of people off initially though, the first few hours are a bit of slog to get through

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

i have finished the main story of Dragon Age Inquisition. Really enjoyed it. Not sure i can be bothered to pay £25 for the DLC though so i have now moved onto Assassins Creed Origins. I absolutely loved Odyssey so im sure i will enjoy Origins. 

Likely to be ambushed here, but Origins is my favourite recent AC game.

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Likely to be ambushed here, but Origins is my favourite recent AC game.

origins is great, if a little long, i havent finished odyssey because of its size, and i hated valhalla. i think im over AC now. shame, i have been playing them for over a decade

On 26/04/2021 at 10:46, RoboFox said:

You're probably a better player than me, but I've found there to be some pretty ridiculous difficulty spikes at times. 

I'm about 7-8 hours in and there are a couple of optional bosses I'm unable to beat without leveling up. Even in the main story I've struggled with some of the big battles with lots of enemy variation (fvck the flying telekinetic guys and the invisible demon things)

The jukebox object of power missions are insane. 

Funny you say that, haven't been into the game for about a week but when I last left it I'd found an (I think) optional object, the one which shoots clocks at you, which I think I can beat with my current abilities but I keep getting mobbed with explodey guys before I can deal enough damage.  Going to make it my objective for today.  The optional time-sensitive missions are often a bit beyond me, but storyline stuff has been well within the capacity of the tools made available up until that point so far.

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

origins is great, if a little long, i havent finished odyssey because of its size, and i hated valhalla. i think im over AC now. shame, i have been playing them for over a decade

Same, got about halfway through the Egypt one but the games just stretch on forever with the same gameplay loop, dull as dishwater.

32 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Funny you say that, haven't been into the game for about a week but when I last left it I'd found an (I think) optional object, the one which shoots clocks at you, which I think I can beat with my current abilities but I keep getting mobbed with explodey guys before I can deal enough damage.  Going to make it my objective for today.  The optional time-sensitive missions are often a bit beyond me, but storyline stuff has been well within the capacity of the tools made available up until that point so far.

The Anchor? W@nker more like.

It's an arsehole to beat... Took me at least 10 tries, by which point I'd nearly run out of the currency stuff that gets depleted when you die. I do like the challenging battles though, some games are far too easy.

There's another one later on in the Panopticon which is even more tricky and just caused me to get fed up.

The time-sensitive optional missions I often don't bother with, especially the "protect the agents" ones. Pure rage-quit material. 

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

The Anchor? W@nker more like.

It's an arsehole to beat... Took me at least 10 tries, by which point I'd nearly run out of the currency stuff that gets depleted when you die. I do like the challenging battles though, some games are far too easy.

There's another one later on in the Panopticon which is even more tricky and just caused me to get fed up.

The time-sensitive optional missions I often don't bother with, especially the "protect the agents" ones. Pure rage-quit material. 

Got it, bastard kept catching me out with the quick attack speed in the latter half so I just ground out the first phase with the gun, having clocks on all the platforms made light work of phase 2.  Feel a bit cheated that the toughest fight so far only bags you 3 measly ability points lol 

17 hours ago, moore_94 said:

For those of you who haven't played it, Titanfall 2 is free to play this weekend on Steam

Highly recommend it, really brilliant campaign and the multiplayer is a lot of fun

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1237970/Titanfall_2/

Fully agree with the above. Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS of recent years. Unfortunately, they butchered the launch as seem to recall it clashed with CoD and Battlefield so didn't get the attention or deserves. 

• Like 1

Just finished the main story of Avengers, which is on PS Now. Not bad, gets a bit repetitive and not as good as Spiderman but similar gameplay.

Might try Nioh and the new Streets of Rage which are the new games for May.

4 or so hours in into the FFVII remake and it's been very enjoyable so far. I knew so little going into it, I thought I'd be struggling to cope going back to a turn based RPG, only to find out in the set up screen that it was a completely new battle style lol Haven't fully got to grips with it yet, but I think it was a bold move that has probably paid off.

I never played more than a few minutes of the original, so looking forward to seeing how the story develops - seems quite a pertinent theme for these days. I think this is the first FF game I've played since X, which I never completed. I was a big VIII fanboy when I was younger so we'll see how this one measures up!

Just finished Days Gone! Took me around 70 hours

After the initial grind for the first 3-4 hours or so, the gameplay and story start to suck you in

The gun play is fun, all out guns blazing or stealth, taking on the hordes is so stressful and makes you actually think rather than run and gun

You can kind of see which way the story is going to go but it really pulls you in wanting to see what happens and you grow attached to the characters and really grow to hate others

Sam Witwer, like in all his roles, is brilliant as Deacon

For anyone who hasn't played it yet, I definitely recommend it

Although it sounds like a sequel may not happen in the near future, I really hope it is something they eventually consider!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

After the initial grind for the first 3-4 hours or so, the gameplay and story start to suck you in

The gun play is fun, all out guns blazing or stealth, taking on the hordes is so stressful and makes you actually think rather than run and gun

You can kind of see which way the story is going to go but it really pulls you in wanting to see what happens and you grow attached to the characters and really grow to hate others

Although it sounds like a sequel may not happen in the near future, I really hope it is something they eventually consider!

you tempted me to pick it up on steam when it releases. though i may wait for a sale.

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah I’m enjoying it a lot more now, just finished off the ripper boss. Was minding my own business picking flowers once by a cave when this bastard horde came running out snarling at me, my bike was a bit away as well, about crapped myself! 

3 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Yeah I’m enjoying it a lot more now, just finished off the ripper boss. Was minding my own business picking flowers once by a cave when this bastard horde came running out snarling at me, my bike was a bit away as well, about crapped myself! 

Yeah hordes can be an absolute nightmare, its when you are doing a NERO checkpoint and turn on the power and there is a speaker you missed... all of a sudden 100 freakers come flying over a fence at you!

Makes for great fun though

On 05/05/2021 at 11:10, moore_94 said:

Yeah hordes can be an absolute nightmare, its when you are doing a NERO checkpoint and turn on the power and there is a speaker you missed... all of a sudden 100 freakers come flying over a fence at you!

Makes for great fun though

The Sawmill Horde was a real pain in the arse, had to go back to Iron Mike's camp twice to restock on ammo lol! Other than that, the game is quite easy!

Edited by iamafox

Took the plunge on Village. Wasn't going to yet, but 34 quid on CD Keys tempted me. Only started it so don't yet an opinion but will report back. See if I can get it done before Mass Effect is out.