Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

All this talk about Battlefield, I really wish they'd make a Battlefield Hardline sequel. The multiplayer for that was downright awesome, the simple addition of grappling hooks made some of the maps so unique vs pretty much all other FPS multiplayer games. Such a shame it didn't have the player base to support it

• 3 weeks later...

Currently on Outriders on xbox (can't argue with the price on Gamepass). Good fun with friends, very similar to division/destiny so worth a look if the looter/shooter is your cup of tea. Nothing particularly novel, but fun enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Dragon Age Inquisition. Never played it before but had it in my library. 5 hours in and there is so much to do. Enjoying it so far.anybody else ever played it?

Class game

3 hours ago, Adster said:

Class game

Managed to play a few more hours, i've been reading up about the previous games and the lore as I haven't played any of the games. I'm glad I did as now I have got at least a basic understanding of the back story and why everyone is fighting. Starting to do some of the side quests in the war room. Met my first dragon and had to run away due to getting ruined lol. I can see myself spending many hours on it. Just in time to play Mass Effect Trilogy

On 12/04/2021 at 05:08, Sharpe's Fox said:

Hollow Knight again, baby.

Really good game. Pretty difficult too - or I’m just rubbish. 

I’m finishing off Spider-Man on PS4, but it’s now carried over to PS5 but also really loving Desperados 3 on my Pc at the moment. 

Fired up Battlefield 1 through gamepass last night. Left it at starting to take the tank through the fog. For a game that was released in 2016, it looks superb still running on the series X. Has it had any sort of upgrade with the new consoles?

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Fired up Battlefield 1 through gamepass last night. Left it at starting to take the tank through the fog. For a game that was released in 2016, it looks superb still running on the series X. Has it had any sort of upgrade with the new consoles?

Nope not had any graphical upgrades or anything but it's on Playstation hits also so is free for PS5 users. 

I'm still having a blast with it. Easily still the best FPS game on the market imo. Good to see more people booting it up. 

Control is on Game Pass. 

Bit of a mind fvck like many of Remedy's games, but a really tight shooter with Metroidvania type systems and very cool telekinetic superpowers. 

Pretty unique experience so far, I was excited to play it given it was on so many of 2019's game of the year lists, and I'm not disappointed so far.

Edited by RoboFox

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Control is on Game Pass. 

Bit of a mind fvck like many of Remedy's games, but a really tight shooter with Metroidvania type systems and very cool telekinetic superpowers. 

Pretty unique experience so far, I was excited to play it given it was on so many of 2019's game of the year lists, and I'm not disappointed so far.

It's a fantastic game.  Won't give anything away, but the mission where you put on headphones is an absolute highlight.

Got Control in one of the previous month's humble bundles.  Always thought it looked a little boring but it gets rave reviews so I figured why not.  Now that I'm a few hours in I've got to say I'm really enjoying it.  It's not the most challenging game ever but combat is still good fun with all the abilities you unlock, but more than that they've created such an interesting world to explore filled with actually interesting lore dumps scattered around the place.  Honestly even if telekinetically launching foes into each other wasn't endlessly satisfying I'd probably play through this game just for the scientist videos alone.

On 18/04/2021 at 01:07, Carl the Llama said:

Got Control in one of the previous month's humble bundles.  Always thought it looked a little boring but it gets rave reviews so I figured why not.  Now that I'm a few hours in I've got to say I'm really enjoying it.  It's not the most challenging game ever but combat is still good fun with all the abilities you unlock, but more than that they've created such an interesting world to explore filled with actually interesting lore dumps scattered around the place.  Honestly even if telekinetically launching foes into each other wasn't endlessly satisfying I'd probably play through this game just for the scientist videos alone.

The inner monologue will start to grow very tiresome if it hasn't already. Great game otherwise, good fun. 

On 13/03/2021 at 22:18, RoboFox said:

Started playing Sea of Thieves with 3 mates recently. Having a blast with it so far, lots of fun if you’re into working cooperatively with other players. The sailing is great. 

Having discovered game pass ultimate; I'm considering giving this a go.

Any good solo? All my mates are on PS still!

5 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Having discovered game pass ultimate; I'm considering giving this a go.

Any good solo? All my mates are on PS still!

Never played it alone, but I can imagine it would be tricky. PVP can be a fvcker and “solo slooping” takes quite a bit of skill (I’m rubbish). I’d maybe recommend playing with a randomer on a 2-player sloop or 3-player Brigantine to get to grips with the mechanics of the game first.

Edited by RoboFox

Just now, RoboFox said:

Never played it alone, but I can imagine it would be tricky. PVP can be a fvcker and “solo slooping” takes quite a bit of skill if you’re not very good at the game (like me). I’d maybe recommend playing with a randomer on a 2-player sloop or 3-player Brigantine to get to grips with the mechanics of the game first.

Thanks mate; is there a solid group finder in game? If so, I'll go with that.

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Thanks mate; is there a solid group finder in game? If so, I'll go with that.

Never done it myself, but I think you enter the lobby having chosen to join a random crew, the game will matchmake you into a crew with an available space and place you in a server with around 4 or 5 other ships. 

It’s great man. Shame your mates are PS players as it’s a fantastic experience with friends.

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Never done it myself, but I think you enter the lobby having chosen to join a random crew, the game will matchmake you into a crew with an available space and place you in a server with around 4 or 5 other ships. 

It’s great man. Shame your mates are PS players as it’s a fantastic experience with friends.

I've only jumped over as I thought I'd play the xbox exclusives prior to next gen and game pass ultimate was a great way to do that; I've been hugely impressed to be honest.

My three kids tend to dominate the ps4 now for Minecraft; so this gives me something to use in the rare moments I get time. 

On 18/04/2021 at 01:07, Carl the Llama said:

You're probably a better player than me, but I've found there to be some pretty ridiculous difficulty spikes at times. 

I'm about 7-8 hours in and there are a couple of optional bosses I'm unable to beat without leveling up. Even in the main story I've struggled with some of the big battles with lots of enemy variation (fvck the flying telekinetic guys and the invisible demon things)

The jukebox object of power missions are insane. 

Edited by RoboFox

Picked up the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes in the sale a few weeks back ,started last night, never played them before now. absolutely stunning looking remake and im enjoying the classic gameplay. perfect warmup before villiage releases

• Like 2