Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

9 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Wrong thread lad lollollol 

D’ooooooohhhhh

9 hours ago, Beliall said:

i think hes just that happy he posted it in both

Haha, he was crap! 

I do games other than FIFA! 

Loving some Desperados 3 and also I need to finish the original Spidey now I’ve got my PS5.

Anyone played Little Nightmares or Hollow Knight? 

Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age. As a big FF fan it always annoyed me that i never finished 12. I got it when it first came out and i just hated it, Didnt like the battle system, walking in the world map was too slow and the save points were few and far between. In my memory i always remembered getting annihilated from a boss i wasn't expecting and lost about 2 hours of gameplay so just gave up.

Now with the rerelease and i heard they added in an autosave amongst other features i am now enjoying the game. I'm well past the boss that ruined me last time (beat him with ease this time). Its the only FF game i never finished so its nice to play a FF game that feels completely new to me.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age. As a big FF fan it always annoyed me that i never finished 12. I got it when it first came out and i just hated it, Didnt like the battle system, walking in the world map was too slow and the save points were few and far between. In my memory i always remembered getting annihilated from a boss i wasn't expecting and lost about 2 hours of gameplay so just gave up.

Now with the rerelease and i heard they added in an autosave amongst other features i am now enjoying the game. I'm well past the boss that ruined me last time (beat him with ease this time). Its the only FF game i never finished so its nice to play a FF game that feels completely new to me.

I had the same problem. I was excited for it as I'd loved X (my first FF) and obviously 11 was online only. Maybe I'll give it another go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats FF12 finished. Can finally say ive done it and i can now properly rank it in my list of FF games. Decent enough challenge but once you got gambits sorted alot of battles you could just leave to play out by themselves. i had it as the worst FF game before but it certainly better than the linear FF13.

Now started Secret of Mana on PS4. Never played the SNES version so will see if i like it

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm trying to start Horizon on PC but it's taking an age to optimise the shaders.  Please tell me it doesn't need to do this every time you load up the game. :nigel:

yes but there is a fix. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - Fix Optimizing Shaders every time you launch the game - Steam Lists

Find the HorizonZeroDawn.exe file in the install folder. You can easily find it like this: 

-> Steam -> Library -> Horizon Zero Dawn -> right click on it -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local File. 
Now Right-click on HorizonZeroDawn.exe -> Select Properties then go to compatibility and Select disable Fullscreen Optimization and Run this as an administrator. 
Then Click on Change High Dpi Settings and select Override high DPI Scaling Behavior scaling performed by Application. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm trying to start Horizon on PC but it's taking an age to optimise the shaders.  Please tell me it doesn't need to do this every time you load up the game. :nigel:

I wouldn't know, it doesn't load up on PS5, it just begins...:D

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Well that was a pretty pointless and disappointing showcase…

Capcom E3

Full Showcase Video (starts at 15:30)

Resident Evil RE:Verse - Available next month

Resident Evil Village DLC - Development has started

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - Trial (25th June) + Free Update (15th July)

Monster Hunter Rise - Roadmap for updates and DLC

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Gameplay Features

Esports/Pro Tour

So i started Secret of Mana and just seems a bit naff. So decided to look at the PS plus games ive got saved in the library and decided to give Days Gone a go. It has a Last of Us sort of vibe to it but the controls and camera just feel a bit meh. Will see how it goes

12 hours ago, Beliall said:

yes but there is a fix. 

Horizon Zero Dawn - Fix Optimizing Shaders every time you launch the game - Steam Lists

Find the HorizonZeroDawn.exe file in the install folder. You can easily find it like this: 

-> Steam -> Library -> Horizon Zero Dawn -> right click on it -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local File. 
Now Right-click on HorizonZeroDawn.exe -> Select Properties then go to compatibility and Select disable Fullscreen Optimization and Run this as an administrator. 
Then Click on Change High Dpi Settings and select Override high DPI Scaling Behavior scaling performed by Application. 

Just gave this a try and it's done the job, cheers.  @Legend_in_blue No optimisation wait and alt tab.  Where is your god now?

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So i started Secret of Mana and just seems a bit naff. So decided to look at the PS plus games ive got saved in the library and decided to give Days Gone a go. It has a Last of Us sort of vibe to it but the controls and camera just feel a bit meh. Will see how it goes

Let me know how you get on with it, it's potentially the next game on my list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I played and finished Days Gone a couple of months ago, posted about it on Page 88

I thought the same about the controls and camera but you do get used to it

Days gone was fantastic i thought. controls were a bit odd and i wasnt sure how it was going to develop, but the more i played, the better it got, like a walking dead cross state of decay thing. absolutely brilliant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/06/2021 at 11:32, Beliall said:

Days gone was fantastic i thought. controls were a bit odd and i wasnt sure how it was going to develop, but the more i played, the better it got, like a walking dead cross state of decay thing. absolutely brilliant

Im a few hours into it and i dont want to put it down. Im sure i heard reviews saying it was rubbish so i never gave it a look in. Then when i saw it on PS Plus i thought there you go its obviously rubbish if they already made it free to download. I thought ill just play it on Easy mode and blast through the story. Well i found myself in the middle of a Horde, no ammo or molotovs, nowhere near my bike. It was part of a mission so i had to continue from the checkpoint, absolutely loved trying to get away. Stamina runs out and you turn the camera round to see 100 zombies on your ass lol. Taking my time doing all the missions before continuing the main story

• Like 1

i never completed metal gear solid 5 and i have been trying to play it recently but i absolutely suck at it. normally quite good at stealth games, hitman is easy as pie but this is another level. really frustrating lol 

5 hours ago, Beliall said:

i never completed metal gear solid 5 and i have been trying to play it recently but i absolutely suck at it. normally quite good at stealth games, hitman is easy as pie but this is another level. really frustrating lol 

People raved about that game but I just couldn't get into it. I genuinely started it at least 5 times, got out the hospital and did the first few Afghan missions and then walked away. Can't put my finger on what didn't click which was frustrating as seemed like a game made for me. 

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

People raved about that game but I just couldn't get into it. I genuinely started it at least 5 times, got out the hospital and did the first few Afghan missions and then walked away. Can't put my finger on what didn't click which was frustrating as seemed like a game made for me. 

Once you unlock Quiet, you'll never put it down again... lol