Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 is definitely the toughest of the NSane trilogy. I honestly had to give up on Slippery Climb and move onto the others. Drove me mad. 

Nothing like Crash 4 though, some of the sequences on that are just ludicrous to get through, never mind attempting to 100% it.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Got Tony hawk remastered. Find it really, really fiddly so far can't seem to get my head round combining tricks. As an avid skateboarder and demon on the originals I'm finding it equal parts embarrassing and frustrating. 

I ended up turning on some of the cheats, I think I just wanted the nostalgia with none of the challenge. lol

1 hour ago, Brenfox said:

Missus is away so I have bumper game time this weekend. Just finished Twelve Minutes on xbox game pass. Enjoyable & frustrating in equal measure. Constantly replaying the same time loop & learning a little more each time.

i enjoyed playing that but i dont feel the ending was good enough at all. worth a look and a play but could have been better

I'm another one currently going through the Mass Effects again with the Legendary Edition. Onto 3 now which I really can't remember much about for some reason except for a couple of missions here and there.

2 remains probably my favourite game of all time, absolutely loved going back through it. Conversely, I found 1 a bit of a slog and I was quite glad when it was over. It really hasn't aged well at all in spite of their efforts to pretty it up and make the combat marginally less shit. I'd find it extremely difficult to recommend were it not for the fact it sets up the others. As an introduction to a universe it's brilliant but so many of the things you do while playing it are just fundamentally not very fun - the combat, the inventory management, the Simon hacking minigame, the godforsaken Mako sections, the paragon/renegade system that effectively boils down to nice bloke or racist psychopath. It's a shame that a proper remake in the style of something like Demon's Souls or FF7 was beyond the scope of the project.

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Disco Elysium. It's basically a point and click, but the most creative, inventive and bonkers version of one I've ever seen. Some serious writing and design has gone into that world.

i ****ing love that game, when i heard they were updating it with completely voiced lines and stuff, i stopped playing it, plan to go back and finish it soon. 

CUNO DOESNT CARE!

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i ****ing love that game, when i heard they were updating it with completely voiced lines and stuff, i stopped playing it, plan to go back and finish it soon. 

CUNO DOESNT CARE!

I didn't realise it ever wasn't voiced! Downloaded the PS4 version last week and every part of narration or speech is voiced. The necktie voice cracks me up every time.

12 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I didn't realise it ever wasn't voiced! Downloaded the PS4 version last week and every part of narration or speech is voiced. The necktie voice cracks me up every time.

i havent heard it yet. that part didnt have a line when i played

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Disco Elysium. It's basically a point and click, but the most creative, inventive and bonkers version of one I've ever seen. Some serious writing and design has gone into that world.

Desperate to play this. Hopefully they port it to current gen consoles.

Played about 35 hours of AC Valhalla. Whilst im enjoying the game i keep noticing the parkour in this game is no where near as good as recent AC games. The amount of times Eivor has taken a random jump when ive been chasing an Artefact.

Im also not keen on the weapons. I have barely changed my equipment as i just havent felt the need to. 

I do like the way the map works with the Wealth, Mysteries and Artefacts. Some of the wealth is quite hard to locate. 

Currently taking over East Anglia. I enjoy just running around looking for all the items 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Played about 35 hours of AC Valhalla. Whilst im enjoying the game i keep noticing the parkour in this game is no where near as good as recent AC games. The amount of times Eivor has taken a random jump when ive been chasing an Artefact.

Im also not keen on the weapons. I have barely changed my equipment as i just havent felt the need to. 

I do like the way the map works with the Wealth, Mysteries and Artefacts. Some of the wealth is quite hard to locate. 

Currently taking over East Anglia. I enjoy just running around looking for all the items 

The parkour is terrible on some of the tattoo collectables.  It's odd because the tree parkour was first introduced in AC3 and was fine, refined in AC Black Flag to be even better, but this is a step back imo.

Combat on enemies is still too easy as in all the games, until you bump into a zealot which up until this point I've avoided.  

Will increase the level and then go again on these but they're likely to be sponges similar to the Medusa fight in Odyssey which got too repetitive.

I like how the story is broken up across the regions and finding all the collectables for some reason never gets old.  

I can see this taking around 100 hours to platinum.  I'm 31 hours in, East Anglia.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The parkour is terrible on some of the tattoo collectables.  It's odd because the tree parkour was first introduced in AC3 and was fine, refined in AC Black Flag to be even better, but this is a step back imo.

Combat on enemies is still too easy as in all the games, until you bump into a zealot which up until this point I've avoided.  

Will increase the level and then go again on these but they're likely to be sponges similar to the Medusa fight in Odyssey which got too repetitive.

I like how the story is broken up across the regions and finding all the collectables for some reason never gets old.  

I can see this taking around 100 hours to platinum.  I'm 31 hours in, East Anglia.

I had plans to 100% which I never do with games but I hit a wall with it months ago. It's still a good game but combat was stupidly easy until they brought level scaling in (still easy) and the world is just lacking something compared to Odyssey.

Think it was this thread I said I was playing tony hawk and it was embarrassing how poor I was, well I've persisted and now consistently landing 200k combos or thereabouts, throwing in lots of special tricks and really, really enjoying it a lot. Can't go wrong for 25 quid, a proper blast from the past, lovingly and perfectly recreated and I'm enjoying it so much. 

• Like 2

On 27/08/2021 at 21:28, Legend_in_blue said:

Im about 58 hours in now. Ive just taken down my first Zealot. Im power level 230 now so now i dont care how many people i go up against. Im not losing. One Man Army lol 

The tree parkour really stresses me out. Ive basically given up on the tattoo artifacts for now. Sick of falling off of seemingly easy obstacles.

The story is taking an interesting turn with Sigurd. I also enjoy the way the game is split with different story arcs. Im currently in Jotunheim after drinking the 2nd potion from Valka. Ill blast through that section before i continue the main story.

Have you struck up a relationship with anyone? I didnt dare go against Sigurd for Randvi but might go ahead with the Hunter woman. Cant remember her name

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Mario Oddesey .. cracking game longest I've played a game for years.

I couldnt put it down. Brilliant game. I managed to 100% complete it. 900 moons i think in total. The final level has some incredibly difficult areas. Graphically a beautiful game

• Like 2

13 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Anyone recommend a good tablet game (android) to play for my fortnight in the Algarve? I'm toying with Chrono Trigger or FF7 (7 done many times as a kid). 2 years ago I did FF8.

Since you're clearly into your JRPGs and it doesn't seem like you've played CT yet it's a no brainer.  Classic game.

On 25/08/2021 at 03:02, egg_fried_rice said:

On 25/08/2021 at 05:31, Beliall said:

CUNO DOESNT CARE!

I have it and it’s next on my list for PC but really tempted to go for a hard push to get Ghost of Tsushima Director’s cut done as I have another week and a half before new job. 

About to finish HZD on PS5. The update had made it so much smoother. Some of the mid quests got a bit dull and I would skip dialogue. Not sure if I’ll do the expansion straightaway  or stop and play something else for a bit. Only really have Desperados 3 on the go at the same time but been dipping in and out of that. It’s fun!