Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

65 hours into Valhalla. Found a mystery in Essex that made me laugh. A group of musicians were making music and a Bishop came up and complained about the racket. To stick up for the musicians i got into a fist fight with the bishop, battered him and he ran away. 

To which the musicians started singing 'Smack my Bishop' to the tune of 'Smack my Bitch up'. I thought to myself haha it sounds like the Prodigy.

Once the mystery was complete it turns out it was a mission called 'The Prodigy' lol 

• Haha 1

Was trying to play through Psychonauts 2 but got absolutely sick of it. God knows how it's getting 9/10 reviews. Apart from the art style (which is nice) the gameplay, camera and controls feel like they're pulled from a 20 year old budget 3D platformer. Some baffling design decisions

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Was trying to play through Psychonauts 2 but got absolutely sick of it. God knows how it's getting 9/10 reviews. Apart from the art style (which is nice) the gameplay, camera and controls feel like they're pulled from a 20 year old budget 3D platformer. Some baffling design decisions

I'm managing to enjoy it so far; but I'm similarly surprised at how well this reviewed. Presentation etc is very polished, I suppose.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know why playstation and Xbox don't make a handheld option like the switch offers seems like it should be a default these days 

Hopefully the steam deck will run the xbox pass app. Well that's my hope anyways. And playstation seem to be slowly releasing some of their exclusives to PC too, so should be a way to get them on it.

Just got to pray to the technology gods that valve don't suck balls and actually deliver the hardware. As good as the switch is, I'd love a PC handheld, especially if it does half the things that are being suggested. Trudging around a gaming laptop is a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Hopefully the steam deck will run the xbox pass app. Well that's my hope anyways. And playstation seem to be slowly releasing some of their exclusives to PC too, so should be a way to get them on it.

Just got to pray to the technology gods that valve don't suck balls and actually deliver the hardware. As good as the switch is, I'd love a PC handheld, especially if it does half the things that are being suggested. Trudging around a gaming laptop is a pain in the ass.

Yeah Steam Deck is basically a handheld PC, you can wipe the SteamOS and install Windows and then Xbox Game Pass app etc.

On 02/09/2021 at 17:34, kingcarr21 said:

65 hours into Valhalla. Found a mystery in Essex that made me laugh. A group of musicians were making music and a Bishop came up and complained about the racket. To stick up for the musicians i got into a fist fight with the bishop, battered him and he ran away. 

To which the musicians started singing 'Smack my Bishop' to the tune of 'Smack my Bitch up'. I thought to myself haha it sounds like the Prodigy.

Once the mystery was complete it turns out it was a mission called 'The Prodigy' lol 

I'm in Lunden now.  Has proper AC vibes going for it in this area.  47 hours in and counting.  Story is becoming more and more interesting.  Taken out a couple of zealots at a stretch, I'm only around 110 in power.

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Never really played this, so will give it a go as I loved Control. It was one of the best new releases of the last few years IMO. 

and given that Control is set in the same universe, with lots of crossovers, it makes sense to go back and do it. 

Just went past 100 hours in AC Valhalla. Main story is complete just finishing killing the members of the Order, to which i think there will be more main story once done. Still really enjoying the game. Reckon i will go around doing all mysteries and Artefacts. Then will see whats needed for Platinum. There are still loads of trophies to get.

Then i think it will finally be time to take the plunge into Mass Effect.

EDIT: Oh and the end of the main story with Layla is mental.

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just went past 100 hours in AC Valhalla. Main story is complete just finishing killing the members of the Order, to which i think there will be more main story once done. Still really enjoying the game. Reckon i will go around doing all mysteries and Artefacts. Then will see whats needed for Platinum. There are still loads of trophies to get.

Then i think it will finally be time to take the plunge into Mass Effect.

EDIT: Oh and the end of the main story with Layla is mental.

How do you put in so many hours so quick? lol

I think you started this way after me, I've put in as much spare time as possible, and I'm only at 52 hours!

I've tried to keep everything doable done at the time of discovering it, to keep game time down to a minimum come the end.  So that's all the gold locations, artefacts done and most mysteries.  Those Lerion women I've left and the legendary animals for instance until I can defeat them easily.  I'm picking off zealots as I go now that I'm sufficiently levelled and complete all orlog games as I meet the players.  Fingers crossed I can get the trophies within 20 hours of doing the main story although I've only got 18/71 in 52 hours game time so far lol

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

How do you put in so many hours so quick? lol

I think you started this way after me, I've put in as much spare time as possible, and I'm only at 52 hours!

I've tried to keep everything doable done at the time of discovering it, to keep game time down to a minimum come the end.  So that's all the gold locations, artefacts done and most mysteries.  Those Lerion women I've left and the legendary animals for instance until I can defeat them easily.  I'm picking off zealots as I go now that I'm sufficiently levelled and complete all orlog games as I meet the players.  Fingers crossed I can get the trophies within 20 hours of doing the main story although I've only got 18/71 in 52 hours game time so far lol

I work from home and i rely heavily on people providing me information in order to do my reporting. So during work i play on PS4 and once i get info i need i work. I can prob get like 2-3 hours on gaming during my working day lol

I am also up early with the dog so i can prob get like hour and a half in before work starts. So i am prob playing at least 3 hours a day. I dont even play after work once the wife and kids are home lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

About time I got myself into a new AAA time sink and as it happens both RDR2 and the Mass Effect remakes (I've not played any of the originals) are going for a reasonable price right now.  Which do I go for?

both