Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

Didn't feel we did enough to win the game. Large parts of the second half, Blackburn were dominant and I think the replacement of RDL for Moore made the back four a bit tighter. Nugent had a poor game (I am not waging a scapegoating session) just pointing out he had a poor game.
Still unbeaten, so rather a win than a lose. Move onto Yeovil where we all expect 3 points!

Game turned on a moronic mistake by De Laet. Would have had a different complexion had that not happened right before half time. Again, far, far too many missed chances we could have had 4 or 5 and conceding yet again due to a stupid error. We shouldn't be gifting teams goals and why are we so poor at defending set pieces. And why can't we do anything with them? Have we even scored from a set piece recently? Given the way the second half started, 1-1 has to be a decent result but we missed an opportunity here, especially with all of the rivals winning.

Yeovil becomes a massive game, we must control and dominate. Need a Charlton/Ipswich like performance and watch Ishmael Miller, quality player, a handful and in form. Yeovil can score goals, are fighting for their lives and have nothing to lose. Nothing less than 3 points will do as I fancy us to struggle against Wigan, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday, and after the Sheffield Wednesday game the table could begin to look very worrying.

In what way worrying... we only need 13 points from 10 games, it doesn't matter if our closest challengers win every game, if we get 13 points from 10 then we are up

Game turned on a moronic mistake by De Laet. Would have had a different complexion had that not happened right before half time. Again, far, far too many missed chances we could have had 4 or 5 and conceding yet again due to a stupid error. We shouldn't be gifting teams goals and why are we so poor at defending set pieces. And why can't we do anything with them? Have we even scored from a set piece recently? Given the way the second half started, 1-1 has to be a decent result but we missed an opportunity here, especially with all of the rivals winning.

Yeovil becomes a massive game, we must control and dominate. Need a Charlton/Ipswich like performance and watch Ishmael Miller, quality player, a handful and in form. Yeovil can score goals, are fighting for their lives and have nothing to lose. Nothing less than 3 points will do as I fancy us to struggle against Wigan, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday, and after the Sheffield Wednesday game the table could begin to look very worrying.

Leave it with the personal insults eh? He made a mistake, OK, but he's neither a moron nor stupid. He's a clever and intelligent player.

Stringer isn't one to sensationalise is he?

I'll wait for the facts.

This. How do we not know this bloke Stringer talked to wasn't there, and therefore just said "Possibly, I don't know", followed by classic Stringer stretching of stories.

Could just be he had a go at the ref, hopefully he hasn't hit out at him... could do without this when so so close...

I thought it happened before the end of the game? On his way down from the Directors' Box?

A good point, Expect us and Burnley to both win in the week and be a massive showdown at Burnley next weekend.

Derby tough away game at Ipswich and QPR play Wigan so definite dropped points next tue for some of the chasers.

Really not disappointed with a draw away at Blackburn. If we beat Yeovil we will be so close to promotion.

Archived