Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Selçuk İnan

I hope you're joking. The biggest reason why Muzzy didn't get many caps for Turkey is because... well, he didn't speak Turkish! Bit of a problem.

There's a difference between being the star player for a Mid-table Premiership team (Izzet) and being a leading player in your clubs Champions League campaigns and being currently one of your country's best players internationally (Inan).

There's a difference between being the star player for a Mid-table Premiership team (Izzet) and being a leading player in your clubs Champions League campaigns and being currently one of your country's best players internationally (Inan).

Not really. If we're to work on the assumption that the Turkish league is weaker than the Premiership, then it's not so unthinkable that the star player of a mid-table/top-half English side (as Leicester were back then) might not be a million miles away from a star of the 3rd placed side in Turkey. If Izzet had played in Turkey it would have been for one of the better teams and he would have almost certainly have played regularly in the Champions League.

Not really. If we're to work on the assumption that the Turkish league is weaker than the Premiership, then it's not so unthinkable that the star player of a mid-table/top-half English side (as Leicester were back then) might not be a million miles away from a star of the 3rd placed side in Turkey. If Izzet had played in Turkey it would have been for one of the better teams and he would have almost certainly have played regularly in the Champions League.

Colin Kazim Richards would be an example of what you talk about.

Inan is a great player (not seen much of him though) but I genuinely think you're underestimating just how good Muzzy was. Should have been in that England squad for a long time, not always as first choice but when you compare him to the vast majority of players that have played in centre midfield since about 2000, he was better than most of them. I had a chat with a certain Premier League Manager (who played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, won countless titles and is widely regarded as the best player never to have played for England) and he rated Izzet as one of the best players he worked with. Says a lot really. 

Also, whilst your description of us as mid-table side if factually correct, its also a little unjust in describing how good a team we were then. We had a lot of success to which Muzzy was integral.

Izzet was also in the squad for a Turkey that ended third in a WC. 

Difficult to compare as I don't know much about this guy other than he sounds good. Never going to get a fair opinion on Foxestalk either! Muzzy could/should have played for a bigger club rally but I guess with us doing so well during his best years he didn't really need to leave at the time.

Inan is a great player (not seen much of him though) but I genuinely think you're underestimating just how good Muzzy was. Should have been in that England squad for a long time, not always as first choice but when you compare him to the vast majority of players that have played in centre midfield since about 2000, he was better than most of them. I had a chat with a certain Premier League Manager (who played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, won countless titles and is widely regarded as the best player never to have played for England) and he rated Izzet as one of the best players he worked with. Says a lot really. 

Also, whilst your description of us as mid-table side if factually correct, its also a little unjust in describing how good a team we were then. We had a lot of success to which Muzzy was integral.

giggs?

Can we really survive with a wage cap of 30k?

Whose to say it's true? It was reported in the papers, whom last summer said Danny Drinkwater was told he could leave. How on earth would they know we're only going to pay £30,000 a week maximum when we're yet to sign any players? It's pure speculation based on Pearson's references to us not changing our transfer policies.

Let's say it is indeed true though, we could survive but it would be based on us recruiting relatively unproven players but that is still possible for sure. Michu for example was only only £25,000 a week at Swansea when he first signed for them. We won't be getting Inan on £30k mind you or Vietto but it's likely to be enough for some very talented players, who fit the mould.

I still think there will be a couple of big signings this summer.

Whose to say it's true? It was reported in the papers, whom last summer said Danny Drinkwater was told he could leave. How on earth would they know we're only going to pay £30,000 a week maximum when we're yet to sign any players? It's pure speculation based on Pearson's references to us not changing our transfer policies.

Let's say it is indeed true though, we could survive but it would be based on us recruiting relatively unproven players but that is still possible for sure. Michu for example was only only £25,000 a week at Swansea when he first signed for them. We won't be getting Inan on £30k mind you or Vietto but it's likely to be enough for some very talented players, who fit the mould.

I still think there will be a couple of big signings this summer.

People on here are stating it as if it's fact lol

lol . Said person was English and did not play for any other country. Otherwise I think people like Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona might be taking that title  :thumbup:

i've heard lots of people say if only giggs had chosen us over wales in the past 20 years. can't say i've heard it about the 3 you mentioned. that was the reasoning.

i've heard lots of people say if only giggs had chosen us over wales in the past 20 years. can't say i've heard it about the 3 you mentioned. that was the reasoning.

Im pretty sure Giggs couldn't have chosen England though and that this choice he has is just widespread because he played for the england school boys team which is based on the location of the school and not nationality! Could be wrong though! Im sure finners would know. 

Archived