Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Selçuk İnan

For the one millionth time, Giggs was never eligible to play for England. He qualified for Wales and Sierra Leone through his dad.

He couldn't have even qualified on residency as those laws hadn't been amended when he made his debut.

Plus, he's often spoken about being very proud of his heritage (both Welsh and African) and there's no indication to say he'd ever have "picked" England.

Michael Owen, however, is a treacherous little bastard.:ph34r:

For the one millionth time, Giggs was never eligible to play for England. He qualified for Wales and Sierra Leone through his dad.

He couldn't have even qualified on residency as those laws hadn't been amended when he made his debut.

Plus, he's often spoken about being very proud of his heritage (both Welsh and African) and there's no indication to say he'd ever have "picked" England.

Michael Owen, however, is a treacherous little bastard. :ph34r:

yeah people know this now. however, in the 90's, this myth existed.

Can we really survive with a wage cap of 30k?

Not a bloody chance, if that is the case, which I don't think it is.

The key will be finding the right players, and if we want to survive, then that figure wont bring in calibre players. I am sure Pearson realizes that.

Michael Owen, however, is a treacherous little bastard. :ph34r:

Did he play for England U16s twice by accident then?

Not a bloody chance, if that is the case, which I don't think it is.

The key will be finding the right players, and if we want to survive, then that figure wont bring in calibre players. I am sure Pearson realizes that.

It won't bring in proven players, that doesn't mean it won't bring in quality players.

Of course we can survive with a 30k wage cap. We'll have people here for the right reasons. 30k basic wage then a bonus if we stay up or better. Correct me if I'm wrong but 30k a week is about £1.5 million a year?

Of course we can survive with a 30k wage cap. We'll have people here for the right reasons. 30k basic wage then a bonus if we stay up or better. Correct me if I'm wrong but 30k a week is about £1.5 million a year?

If you could survive on £1.5mil a year you're a better man than I.

If the earlier poster is correct that this is an average of £30k per man then presumably we can offset higher earners by having lesser earners (Dyer, King, Hammond, Schlupp, Wasilewski, Vardy etc)? Or is this actually £30k for each player no matter what? I'm just wondering whether if the opportunity arises to get somebody really really good whether we'd take it? It'll be interesting to find out. No matter what I think Pearson will get it right, I supported him during the awful run when half of you were calling for his head so I'll support him now. 

Archived