Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Football Manager 2015

Love the new addition of Tunnel Interviews and when a player rejects your club after their club accepts a transfer offer, you can talk to the player in an attempt to persuade him to come.

I found that talking to them always results in them declining any contract where as not talking to them can allow you to offer a ridiculous deal to seal it, or maybe I'm just a bell end and said the wrong thing.

I found that talking to them always results in them declining any contract where as not talking to them can allow you to offer a ridiculous deal to seal it, or maybe I'm just a bell end and said the wrong thing.

Only had it once at the moment to be honest so got plenty more times to screw up things and pick the wrong quote to say lol

Riyad and Anthony are absolute magicians on this. 

Seem to be getting a ridiculous amount of injuries though, anyone having the same problem?

Yeah and fitness seems to be a problem. Takes ages for players to recover even if they've had a week off.

So my laptop packed in and I had to restart.

1st season I again moved Nugent on and brought Fierro in.

Finished 11th in the league.

Just started the 2nd season, Wasileski has moved upstairs to become my director of football.

I renewed Powell's loan, brought in Abel Hernandez, Aaron Cresswell & Antonio Luna.

3 games in:

Lost 4-2 away at Newcastle

Won 6-1 at home to notts county (cup)

Won 4-2 at home to Everton.

Here are the best affordable wonderkids

Carlos fierro (scored 30+ goals for me)

Lucas Romero - brilliant midfielder

Bilal ould chikh - winger who was starting ahead of mahrez in second season

Alvarez Balanta - insane cb again in fm

All helped me finish 5th challenging for 4th in my second season

I had some oral surgery done on Friday, and since I've got a bottle of Vicodin and nothing to do this weekend, and FM15 came out that day, why not?

I decided to start off in the lower divisions, and after choosing not to take over a club with an existing manager, took the Hartlepool Utd job. I've played 13 competitive games so far, and have 8W-4D-1L (only loss being to Bradford in the League Cup 1st round, after my team threw away a 2-0 lead).

I've been playing mostly 4-1-3-2 wide with a DM and 4-1-2-3 with a DM, a winger, and a wing used as an inside forward. I also have a narrow 4-1-3-2 that I may ditch for a defensive system with 2 DMs or a gung-ho attacking system if I'm ever chasing a goal.

Here's what I've noticed so far (my game experience may be a little different, playing in League Two):

-The goals are flying in. My first league game was an absurd 6-4 win at Stevenage. I've scored in all 13 games, and have only kept 2 clean sheets. Also, leads can evaporate in an instant. Luckily, I haven't yet lost in the league, but I have thrown away points (I've also scored late winners and equalizers). I'm wondering if I should bother using an ultra-defensive formation for my 3rd tactic, or if I should just try to keep scoring goals.

-Wingers are useful. I have found no need yet for fancy modern wing backs when my wingers and wide midfielders have just dominated. I picked up DC United benchwarmer Lewis Neal for $4k after a tip from the media, and he's been dominant. He scored 4 goals in his debut, and has 10 goals and a 7.34 rating so far this season. I use a guy named Jonathan Franks in both the deep-lying forward, inside forward, and wide midfielder roles down the right side, and he's been equally impressive. Also, a lot of goals are scored with crosses, so having a big man up front has been useful (I was using Marlon Harewood, but I now use him as the DLF when I go 2 strikers since I got Bradley Fewster on loan from Boro--4 goals in 6 games for the youngster). Finally, there are a shitload of corners every game, so set pieces are important.

-Finding good players is much tougher. I guess SI just figures people will just scour message boards or do Google searches to find good players, anyway.

-Goalies have gotten better stopping shots, but they've gotten much stupider. Several times, I've seen goalkeepers try to stop shots or collect balls that are going well wide, and just take a few steps back over the goal line to concede corners despite not having an opponent anywhere close to them. 

First season with Leicester, signed Neil Taylor (Swansea 5.5m) James Tomkins (west ham 3.4) Berahino (west Brom 9.5m), won the carling cup and finished 10th.

played 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2

I'm pinching those first two. Better value than I've found anywhere else.

I'm seriously tempted to play Barmby and see how he develops.

Ok, 26 games into my 2nd season.

I'm currently 6th, I've scored 67 goals, 14 more than Chelsea who are top.

I've beaten Man Utd 5-1, West Brom 5-2, Southampton 8-2, Cardiff 4-1, QPR 4-1 and Burnley 4-0.

Hernandez has 18, Fierro has 16, Knockeart has got 10 then there's Moore, Mahrez, Schlupp, King & Vallejo who all have 4.

Safe to say it's realisitic. First 5 matches? 3rd in the league and flying, fail to win any of the next 7 before scraping a 4-3 against a 10 man Burnley.

My defense is beyond woeful, Kasper loves a howler so Iv somehow gone and signed Victor Valdez on a free who best be good as otherwise I'm ****ed lol.

Archived