Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Football Manager 2015

It's very different this year, takes a lot longer to scout players to see if they're any good. 

I hate signing players that people have mentioned on forums and wonderkid websites and stuff because it almost feels like I'm cheating or something. 

I'm really enjoying the scouting side of things, feels a lot more realistic having to have scouts watch them multiple times to work out if they're any good. 

Have to say I've rinsed Cagliary, signed that Deprala, signed another left back called Murru and obviously signed Ibarbo too. They have some tasty players tbf. Needless to say they got relegated first season after I'd been to town on them.

First season at Bayern Munich is done and dusted, and its been reasonably successful, but the plan for European domination will need to wait for next season after inexplicably losing a 3-1 home advantage in the semi final to Napoli at the San Paolo thanks to some questionnable refereeing from Pedro Proenca and some awful defending in a 2-0 defeat.

Bundesliga and DFB Polkal double completed though, a perfect sweep of 17 wins from 17 in the league at home and 85 points from 34 games. Polkal was won after overcoming Chemnitz, Kaiserslautern, Paderborn, Hannover, Borussia Monchengladbach and Bayern Leverkusen. Won supercup 3-0 vs Borussia Dortmund but board consider it not a priority.

Season has raised more questions than answers though:

1) My 4-2-3-1 with width has proved not as effective away from home as I would like, and especially at Champions League level. Muller as the Raumdeuter has less effect away from home and too often i concede too much possession, even when employing short passing and slow tempo, and control mentality. Marco Reus hasnt added the impact I thought he would to the team. On the left side of midfield Xherdan Shaqiri seems to pose more threat while as an advanced playmaker he often goes missing for me in a way that Mario Gotze (class act) and Thiago Alcantara dont.

2) Claudio Pizzaro has hung up his boots, leaving Lewandowski as the only senior striker at the club. This in itself isnt a problem as there are good options for backup from the scouts, but my overall transfer budget of £56 million for next season wont cover the fact that the aeging Xabi Alonso and Bastian Schweinsteiger wont go on forever, and that I also need right back cover with Rafinha being unhappy as his lack of action. I am unsure whether Holjberg and Rode can fill the midfield backup slots, and the scouts have doubts over Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba who I want to bring in.

3) Keeping players happy has proved a nightmare, considering the short amount of league fixtures and games that the board and players dont consider "priority" games. Players like Juan Bernat, Medhi Benatia and Dante dont understand the value of a settled back 4, and bringing them in for cup fixtures doesnt seem to keep them happy either. So they will definitely need game time next season, but Badstuber is the first name on my teamsheet with Boatend, and Alaba is quality.

Potential team for next season:

----------------------------------------------Neuer

---------------------------------------(sweeper keeper)

---------Lahm-----------------Boateng--------------Badstuber----------------Alaba

(Full back support)------------(Ball playing defenders)-----------(Full back support)

-----------------------------------Vidal

---------------------------(Anchor man defend)----Xabi Alonso

--------------------------------------------(Deep lying supporting playmaker)

--------Muller----------------------------------------------------------------------Robben

(Raumdueter attack)--------------------------------------------------------(Winger attack)

-----------------------------------------------Gotze

---------------------------------(Advanced attacking playmaker)

------------------------------------------Lewandowski

----------------------------------(Complete attacking striker)

Full Strength bench: Reina, Benatia, Javi Martinez, Thiago alcantara, Shaqiri, Ribery, Reus

how do i stop getting sh*T on by all the big teams i.e lpool spurs man u man city chelsea arsenal

As Leicester? It's hard aint it! Much easier last year to get promoted from the Championship first season and then get the chance (and time!) to build. The board are so impatient and expect avoid relegation on this one

Enjoying my favorite ever save on FM, with Leicester. In my 4th season after just winning the Euro Cup last season.

I had 30 million to spend, so with monthly installments spent around 80 million on the likes of Bernard and De Sciglio.

Currently 2nd after 8 games in to the new campaign :)

First season over and done with. Came 13th and lost to United in the fa cup semi final. Overall very pleased. Slightly concerned with 6 straight league defeats at the end of the season however.

Only made a couple of signings. Carlos fierro who scored 15 goals in all comps, Niklas Stark from Nuremberg and Nathan ake on loan. Tended to play the diamond in midfield;

Kasper

Simpson

Moore

Morgan

Schlupp

Cambiasso

DD

King

Mahrez

Fierro

Nugent

Suprise package of the season was Tom Lawrence, 7 league goals in 12 starts. Gave him a go around Christmas due to injurys and scored 2 on his debut. Also Nuge 10 league goals and 13 in all comps. Him and Vardy were more than capable. Danny Simpson also excellent - I found a better option than de laet.

Let downs - Matty James, liam Moore.

I was given a 25 million pound budget for my second season. So far my signings have been;

Micah Richards - free

Bakkali- free

Cleverly - free

Oscar Cardozo- 4.5 mill

Kurt zouma - loan

Diego Reyes - 14 mill

Players out- nuge, wasyl, Hammond, konch, hamer, wood and ulloa. Ulloa was terrible so got rid.

Can't wait to start the new season. Need a left back but I'm hoping with that squad for a top half finish minimum

New season, new formation (4-4-2, with the occasional 4-3-3), SAME THROWING AWAY LEADS EVERY GODDAMN GAME. After 8 games in my 2nd season, Pools are on 15 points in 6th. 19 GF, 14 GA.

My Albanian international lol DM got injured in the first game, and he's out for the season. I'm starting to fall out of love with the DM position in general, though, no matter what role I use.

I've got Shaun Wright-Phillips playing on the right wing, and he's just shitting all over League Two. He's an assist machine. I've also got THEBIGJONSTEADER up front, but he got an early season injury as well, but he's fit again. Everybody I've played up front is banging them in, though, and offensively we are just fine.

Anyone else think that easy chances, sitters are missed too often? You could have a player in the six-yard box with the goal right in front of him and he then suddenly morphs in to Ade Akinbiyi. Can happen about 3 or 4 times in a match and for a few matches at a time.

Anyone else think that easy chances, sitters are missed too often? You could have a player in the six-yard box with the goal right in front of him and he then suddenly morphs in to Ade Akinbiyi. Can happen about 3 or 4 times in a match and for a few matches at a time.

I personally havent noticed this, however my own criticism would be the amount of disallowed goals on the game. Happens far often than in real life for me.

I personally havent noticed this, however my own criticism would be the amount of disallowed goals on the game. Happens far often than in real life for me.

This is true, too. 

Goal-keepers still seem as crap as ever too. 

Really desperate for a second season Leicester left back Anyone good enough doesn't seem to interested.

Really desperate for a second season Leicester left back Anyone good enough doesn't seem to interested.

Archived