Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

Brighton fan here!

Sad to see our talisman leave the south coast he has been great for us. Leo was very much a Poyet signing and one which he pushed for a long time to get, just to set the record straight he was not bought for £2.5/£3 mill he was bought from Almeria for £3.5/£4mill and before he left to join us was tipped to be joining a top La Liga side after being crowned top scorer in Segunda.  The view shared by many supporters last season was that he would have finished top scorer in the championship had he not have been out for nearly 3-4 months injured.   For what its worth he is better played with another forward or wingers like Mahrez who can get the ball in the box as he is absolutely unbelievable in the air (at both ends of the pitch) he links play very well and will fight for the team tirelessly.  The only negatives are he lacks pace and has the traditional Argie dive in him.  On many occasions last season he was bossed by strong centre backs but this was mainly due to the fact we only ever played one up top. On the other side of the coin if you get him on song and confident he is virtually unplayable.  Is he worth £8mill only time will tell.  Either way it's a great deal for both parties, we may now have a few quid to spend to get us out the championship and hopefully join you there the season after next.  Good luck to Leo and all the best in the premier league next season.  Deeney and Ulloa would be frightening combo!

Brighton fan here!

Sad to see our talisman leave the south coast he has been great for us. Leo was very much a Poyet signing and one which he pushed for a long time to get, just to set the record straight he was not bought for £2.5/£3 mill he was bought from Almeria for £3.5/£4mill and before he left us was tipped to join a top La Liga side after being crowned top scorer in Segunda.  The view shared by many supporters last season was that he would have finished top scorer in the championship had he not have been out for nearly 3-4 months injured.   For what its worth he is better played with another forward or wingers like Mahrez who can get the ball in the box as he is absolutely unbelievable in the air (at both ends of the pitch) he links play very well and will fight for the team tirelessly.  The only negatives are he lacks pace and has the traditional Argie dive in him.  On many occasions last season he was bossed by strong centre forwards but this was mainly due to the fact we only ever played one up top. On the other side of the coin if you get him on song and confident he is virtually unplayable.  Is he worth £8mill only time will tell.  Either way it's a great deal for both parties, we may now have a few quid to spend to get us out the championship and hopefully join you there the season after next.  Good luck to Leo and all the best in the premier league next season.  Deeney and Ulloa would be frightening combo!

Thanks for this. It sounds like Vardy with his blistering pace and movement would be ideal alongside Leo. We also have Nugent who is a very clever striker who likes to drop deep and provides many assists. We've recently signed Marc Albrighton from Villa whose best attribute is his crossing, i'm sure that's been a big influence on Nigel's recruitment of a player who is exceptional in the air, we have lacked that for years.

Thanks for this. It sounds like Vardy with his blistering pace and movement would be ideal alongside Leo. We also have Nugent who is a very clever striker who likes to drop deep and provides many assists. We've recently signed Marc Albrighton from Villa whose best attribute is his crossing, i'm sure that's been a big influence on Nigel's recruitment of a player who is exceptional in the air, we have lacked that for years.

Mahrez put in some brilliant balls for Algeria in their friendly before the world cup playing from the left. Him and Albrighton will Ulloa and Vardy will be interesting, I've always thought Vardy was excellent in the air for his height also.

Brighton fan here!

Sad to see our talisman leave the south coast he has been great for us. Leo was very much a Poyet signing and one which he pushed for a long time to get, just to set the record straight he was not bought for £2.5/£3 mill he was bought from Almeria for £3.5/£4mill and before he left us was tipped to join a top La Liga side after being crowned top scorer in Segunda.  The view shared by many supporters last season was that he would have finished top scorer in the championship had he not have been out for nearly 3-4 months injured.   For what its worth he is better played with another forward or wingers like Mahrez who can get the ball in the box as he is absolutely unbelievable in the air (at both ends of the pitch) he links play very well and will fight for the team tirelessly.  The only negatives are he lacks pace and has the traditional Argie dive in him.  On many occasions last season he was bossed by strong centre forwards but this was mainly due to the fact we only ever played one up top. On the other side of the coin if you get him on song and confident he is virtually unplayable.  Is he worth £8mill only time will tell.  Either way it's a great deal for both parties, we may now have a few quid to spend to get us out the championship and hopefully join you there the season after next.  Good luck to Leo and all the best in the premier league next season.  Deeney and Ulloa would be frightening combo!

good luck and thanks for taking the time to give us a review

Mahrez put in some brilliant balls for Algeria in their friendly before the world cup playing from the left. Him and Albrighton will Ulloa and Vardy will be interesting, I've always thought Vardy was excellent in the air for his height also.

Yeah you're right, Knockaert actually has a good final delivery at times but Vardy and Nugent are often in the wrong positions to take advantage of that. We're improving our options at a different style of football which is hugely important.

Let's hope he can beat Chris Wood's top headed goal scoring record of 2 from last year then! I hope he is the target man we have been crying out for. Welcome to Leicester Leo Ulloa.

With other names like Campbell, Delort, Deeney and Slimani all flying around it seems we may add another striker before the season starts too so our strike force should most certainly be suitably strengthened.

Let's hope he can beat Chris Wood's top headed goal scoring record of 2 from last year then! I hope he is the target man we have been crying out for. Welcome to Leicester Leo Ulloa.

With other names like Campbell, Delort, Deeney and Slimani all flying around it seems we may add another striker before the season starts too so our strike force should most certainly be suitably strengthened.

Will our defence be as well though?

They can stick to Jutkiewicz and Sordell and we'll shell out a little bit for Ulloa and perhaps Deeney.

I know which approach I'd be more "fond" of!

They have spent more than we have so far, and won't be far behind even if Ulloa signs.

Just a thought - why has poyet not tried to take him to s'land ?

already got wickham, altidore, fletcher who are all 'target men' and probably in the market for a different kind of striker, ie Borini (would be my guess)

Well I'd definitely rather spend money to get Ulloa in than sign Jutkiewicz & Sordell. Their inferiority complex is unreal.

I can see the thinking behind that article but they seem to have got it into their heads that we'll do a Portsmouth and seem to have already accepted relegation.

Archived