Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

I'm astonished anyone would question Nige's judgement on this. Rest assured that Ulloa is going to do the business. I'd imagine Nigel and Walsh have another trick up their sleveeves yet. This is just the beginning, we're going places guys. Godspeed.

I'm astonished anyone would question Nige's judgement on this. Rest assured that Ulloa is going to do the business. I'd imagine Nigel and Walsh have another trick up their sleveeves yet. This is just the beginning, we're going places guys. Godspeed.

This. Time and time again, Nigel has proven us all wrong. I'm not ashamed to admit after the Barnsley match during the 2012/3 season, I had serious doubts whether they (NP, Shakey and Walsh) could do the task still but thankfully I was proven wrong as deep down I always knew Nigel was the man to take us places. He is the best manager we have had since MON and statistically, our best ever. 

You don't win two league titles and take your side to two play-offs in your full seasons with a club without having something about you...

Which makes me firmly believe that one day the team to benefit from the trios skill set after us may well be England!

I couldn't agree more, Nigel and his staff really are different gravy. If Sir Alex and Brian Clough were to engage in a hour of passion, Nigel would be the product.

He's an intelligent man, and not in football terms either, he's just a very clever bloke! It seems he and his staff apply logic to football, mixing simplicity with science and thorough analysis. The game is like a jigsaw to Nigel, he will see a piece that's missing and add the right one to fill it, not like some managers who like to get best looking piece and hope for the best.

The signing of Ulloa proves this, people can mock all they like, he's a proven goal scorer and had he been playing in a better side and had a full season he would have bagged more. We're going places soon people, Nigel's already trying to assemble a group of young lads ready to break through into the first XI.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

You can look at it any way you want, we've paid over the odds by some distance he's a career 2nd tier footballer and 2nd tier footballers shouldn't be going for 7.5 million pounds plus add ons. 

I have a bit of respect for Pearson for the sole reason he has identified a player he wants and has made sure he lands him, and he obviously thinks he can do a job.

We've only overpaid if he doesn't do the job. People were saying the same stuff about Vardy and now he looks like a bargain.

I'm not sure if this has been posted. It's a video of his brace when he was playing for Almeria. He really does make scoring look easy! Imagine if we had the guy commentating replacing Alan Young. 

Well I wouldn't be able to understand him for one thing.

You can look at it any way you want, we've paid over the odds by some distance he's a career 2nd tier footballer and 2nd tier footballers shouldn't be going for 7.5 million pounds plus add ons.

Tripe.

Borini £14m

Valencia £12m

mcCormack £11m

Ideye £10m

Pelle £8m

Ulloa £7.7m

We've payed the going rate (for a contracted striker without a release clause) in an inflated market. The alternative is not to strenghten the squad.

Tripe.

Borini £14m

Valencia £12m

mcCormack £11m

Ideye £10m

Pelle £8m

Ulloa £7.7m

We've payed the going rate (for a contracted striker without a release clause) in an inflated market. The alternative is not to strenghten the squad.

Bang on!

Gone are the days when you signed a good player for 3-4 even 5 million quid in the prem.

A player settled in England with a solid goal return, even if it is only the champo, he is going to cost a decent sum of money.

I'm not sure if this has been posted. It's a video of his brace when he was playing for Almeria. He really does make scoring look easy! Imagine if we had the guy commentating replacing Alan Young.

He looks well happy about scoring that 1st goal.

I couldn't agree more, Nigel and his staff really are different gravy. If Sir Alex and Nigel Clough were to engage in a hour of passion, Nigel would be the product.

He's an intelligent man, and not in football terms either, he's just a very clever bloke! It seems he and his staff apply logic to football, mixing simplicity with science and thorough analysis. The game is like a jigsaw to Nigel, he will see a piece that's missing and add the right one to fill it, not like some managers who like to get best looking piece and hope for the best.

The signing of Ulloa proves this, people can mock all they like, he's a proven goal scorer and had he been playing in a better side and had a full season he would have bagged more. We're going places soon people, Nigel's already trying to assemble a group of young lads ready to break through into the first XI.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm guessing you meant Brian Clough not Nigel Clough.

If the fee is £8 million and we work that back through inflation to year 2000, it equates to £5.5 million

It should be remembered that Sky TV deal at the time was £700 million over 4 seasons (£175 million a season)

SKY pay £760 million a season in the latest deal.

So in terms of TV revenue to last time we broke our transfer record is quite low against the TV revenue we're getting now.

Also length of contract a player is on has effect on the price and with Ulloa still having 3 years, means you have to pay through the nose if you want to sign a player  on such a contract then the selling clubs knows that the player is at the highest value. Why do you think we have given Drinky, Kasper 4 years deals? Its because if we go down and vultures circle, we will get top fee's (either release clauses or set by the club).

If the contracts were just 3 years and we went down, we would get less for players like Kasper & Drinky, Pearson has said that club has done great business in securing players like Kasper & Co on long deals as we have some very valuable assets at the club.

If Ulloa had just 12 months left on his contract, then his fee would probably be around £3 million mark if not lower

I am quite pleased with this signing as I feel he will compliment our style of play, I just hope our fickle fans give the guy a chance and look beyond the fee that has been paid!

To me if he gets close to 10 league goals this season, I will class that a success because the club will be in the Premier League next season (that is our minimum expectation? I actually think we will be closer to the top 10, then relegation), more than 10 goals would be a huge bonus. If we have paid £8 million, then we need to get use to the idea that each goal next season is likely to cost around £1 million a goal. If he does score 8 goals that will be around 20% of the goals we score next season.

Why do you think that?

Teams in the championship are overpricing the prem teams or relegated teams more than the players are worth to break even and may even be able to buy players too e.g Leeds with McCormack to Fulham,

Teams in the championship are overpricing the prem teams or relegated teams more than the players are worth to break even and may even be able to buy players too e.g Leeds with McCormack to Fulham,

I actually think that's a good thing. Reduces the gap between Championship and Prem a touch, there's no way PL teams (including us) deserve the cash we get for simply being in the division.

I actually think that's a good thing. Reduces the gap between Championship and Prem a touch, there's no way PL teams (including us) deserve the cash we get for simply being in the division.

I agree but that explains why we have had to pay through the nose for him

Tripe.

Borini £14m

Valencia £12m

mcCormack £11m

Ideye £10m

Pelle £8m

Ulloa £7.7m

With the exception of borini and mccormack none of those players have performed in england.

On the face of things we actually have got the best deal out of the lot. We know how ulloa can perform, lets face it he was far more impressive against us in the thrashing they gave us last season than Dzeko was,and even mccormack, or any other forward.

He is unproven, which may not be a disadvantage. Despite not being with the squad last season, his attitude will still be as strong as theirs to ensure he can build a reputation for himself.

Hamer, Upson, albrighton and ulloa have all been decent signings, with the right attitudes. They fit the squad well unlike QPR did during their last spell in the top flight. Whether we have the quality to survive in this league is yet to be seen, but i don't really fear many of the mid to lower table sides, simply because of the strength we have going forward. With the likes of nuge, vardy, wood, ulloa, albrighton, mahrez, knockaert, drinky, james, king and even schlupp, we have plenty of players capable of scoring and scoring often.

We may not have huge experience, but what we do have unlike most premier league sides is a united squad and a management side which now seems innovative whilst remaining structured.

Jeez if he looked better than Dzeko did against us then 7 mill is a right snip.

If you are inferring from my comment that I was trying to say 'He is better than Dzeko' then you understanding really needs to improve.

All i said was a fact, ulloa was causing morgan problems all game, and is only one of two strikers last season who gave him real trouble (Rudy gestede - won every header against big wes at ewood park).

Dzeko had tap-ins from Silva's great play, ulloa ran us absolutely ragged largely on his own.

Archived