Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

Hate to admit it but I think the deal will benefit Brighton more than us, considering they bought him for £2m and will make a £5m+ profit for selling him. If he doesn't do well for us then it is money wasted but also if the add-ons are triggered, we'll end up paying more money. So it is a lose-lose.

iamafox, on 21 Jul 2014 - 6:06 PM, said:

Hate to admit it but I think the deal will benefit Brighton more than us, considering they bought him for £2m and will make a £5m+ profit for selling him. If he doesn't do well for us then it is money wasted but also if the add-ons are triggered, we'll end up paying more money. So it is a lose-lose.

If the so-called add-ons are triggered that means he has done well. If he does well that significantly increases our chances of staying up. If we stay in the Prem beyond this season our signing will increasingly be within the £5 mill -£10 mill bracket.

Unless either club comes out and discloses the fee officially (might have missed something), take all reports of a transfer fee with a massive pinch of salt.  Having done the odd bit of work for a couple of clubs over the last couple of years, it's amazing where numbers in the press originate when they're so far out.  Finger in the air style I suspect.

How is it a lose-lose?

If he scores, say 13+ (which would be a decent return imo), and those goals keep us up then fair play we've parted with £10million (apparently) but his goals would win us more money via staying in the division.

Hate to admit it but I think the deal will benefit Brighton more than us, considering they bought him for £2m and will make a £5m+ profit for selling him. If he doesn't do well for us then it is money wasted but also if the add-ons are triggered, we'll end up paying more money. So it is a lose-lose

Thats why your on foxestalk and dont work for the club mate. not a clue

If the so-called add-ons are triggered that means he has done well. If he does well that significantly increases our chances of staying up. If we stay in the Prem beyond this season our signing will increasingly be within the £5 mill -£10 mill bracket.

If that happens though, would it have been worth paying that money for Ulloa when we could have signed someone else for less who could have made the same impression?

So Ronaldo went to Madrid for a daft amount of money. A lot more than united paid for him...

Do you think Madrid have nightmares on how much profit United made, of course not. It doesn't matter.

Hardly a lose-lose. If he does well, scores goals, assists goals. His price will be irrelevant. A good first season is key to the success of the club.

As someone said above. If we stay up this year it is more than likely the record will be broke again next year etc etc etc as we build and establish ourselves as a premiership team pushing higher and higher up the table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss the announcement that he has signed?

I'm thinking that too. Just Googled for news but all the articles from the last couple of days are still "set to sign soon" but people on here are acting like it's all done and dusted. I'm sure it's a case of no smoke without fire and will be announced tomorrow but to me he's still a Brighton player as it is

I don't know why people are getting upset about the fee. Ulloa is our number one target. Pearson and his staff see him as a player we need, I for one would rather we pay 10m for Ulloa if Pearson thinks he's the right man than 10m for someone like Remy that won't fit our system. Pearson likes to build a team rather than individuals I'll be delighted if we sign our no1 target as I have 100% trust in Pearson and his staff. Pearson doesn't waste money like other managers and he'll fit our wage structure nicely.

Guest LCFC_World

Its a done deal...4 years..

Source? And we have reached 50 pages before he has actually signed! record? haha

Archived