Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Ched Evans.

The forgotten man. Due to be released in October after serving 2 and a half years behind bars.

Obviously, s**t went down and only god knows if he actually did it, just curious as to what you all think?

On his was back to Sheff Utd by the sounds of things.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wales-international-ched-evans-vows-3498685

Sounds like a proper ****, but at the end of the day he's served his time and he's obviously got talent - of course he's going to go back into football.

It might stick in the craw of some that he can go out and get such a successful job, but if you truly believe in the rehabilitation of offenders and giving people second chances, then you just have to accept it.

He's gonna get dogs abuse at games. But I'm sure he's not naive enough to not expect that.

Someone will take a chance on him, I'll say Cov.

Waste of talent really. Was probably never going to see the world alight but could have happily been playing in some lower half Prem side by now.

Stupid boy.

Personally don't think players who commit such nasty crimes should be taken back in to football. Playing professional sport should be a privilege, rehabilitation is one thing but walking straight out of jail and in to thousands a week and a cracking job after serving a piss weak sentence for rape?

Not cool.

Sheffield United and their "ongoing policy of providing a duty of care to former employees and their families."

Call me a cynic but I'd bet they'd not be so keen to provide a "duty of care" had the boy not smashed the best part of thirty league goals in in one season before he got sent down.

He's gonna get dogs abuse at games. But I'm sure he's not naive enough to not expect that.

Someone will take a chance on him, I'll say Cov.

Sheff United have still been looking after him, through his sentence, so I'll probably say they'll take him back.

Absolute C**t though.

Guest MattP

If a club can take Marlon King back they can take Ched Evans as well.

It's a sick game, if you are a good player some clubs will show far more leniacy.

Guest MattP

That said from the evidence I read I at the time I thought the evidence was very flimsy at the time.

Up on a charge where the gender of the jury can be so important as well, still have no idea how they came to the conclusion he was guilty but the other one wasn't.

I've got an old school friend in prison for rape and it's well known by everyone at the party she consented but as she was "too pissed" he went down in a courtroom.

It's an awkward charge to fight, I really hope he was guilty.

That said from the evidence I read I at the time I thought the evidence was very flimsy at the time.

Up on a charge where the gender of the jury can be so important as well, still have no idea how they came to the conclusion he was guilty but the other one wasn't.

I've got an old school friend in prison for rape and it's well known by everyone at the party she consented but as she was "too pissed" he went down in a courtroom.

That p**ses me off, so a lads life is left in tatters because she was too drunk and probably ashamed also to admit it.

I Don't know enough about the Ched Evans case to pass judgement but I certainly think that there should be a heavier penalty for girls that have accused and have been found guilty of lying.

Hmmmm. If you're REALLY too drunk to properly consent and know what you're doing then you should be left be.

Call me old fashioned but it wouldn't enter my head to follow through, white knighted gentleman that I am.

Almost hooked up with my current missus about a year before we properly started dating. We got as far as getting in the taxi together having been together all evening on a works night out. But she was clearly smashed. I was hammered but still had enough smarts to realise she was too.

Made the taxi take us to our separate houses and left it at that.

Sorry if I'm not lad enough for the FT majority but I think that as the (in the majority of cases!) stronger and more in control in the scenario it's always a bloke's responsibility to make sure he acts appropriately. If it's a shag worth having it's worth having when she's in a fit ****ing state to move, not a messy paralytic.

Obviously, anyone who actually lies to get someone else convicted is a scumbag.

Guest MattP

That p**ses me off, so a lads life is left in tatters because she was too drunk and probably ashamed also to admit it.

I Don't know enough about the Ched Evans case to pass judgement but I certainly think that there should be a heavier penalty for girls that have accused and have been found guilty of lying.

It's warped mate, really is. You can present all the evidence you want in court but if a girl knows how to turn on the waterworks and you have jury full of guilt ridden blokes and men hating feminists you don't stand a chance.

That said, the law has changed now, if you shag a girl who consents but then is adjudged to be "too drunk to consent" you are a rapist, doesn't sit well with me at all. (I imagine under the law now a lot of us on FT are rapists and we all could have done a lot of time had the women decided they wanted us too)

Agree, women who clearly waste time and bring these people to court should face severly harsh penalties.

That's how I remember this case tbh.

I don't know anything about Ched Evans, he might be a total scumbag, but I'm not comfortable labelling him a rapist on the evidence I heard.

That's how I remember this case tbh.

I don't know anything about Ched Evans, he might be a total scumbag, but I'm not comfortable labelling him a rapist on the evidence I heard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he went back to a hotel room once his mate had gotten a paralytic girl back there that eyewitnesses had confirmed looked a complete state? Let himself in and joined in with double teaming a wasted girl?

Even if she "consented" in some form and rape is a strong term it was a pretty foul and ultimately retarded thing to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he went back to a hotel room once his mate had gotten a paralytic girl back there that eyewitnesses had confirmed looked a complete state? Let himself in and joined in with double teaming a wasted girl?

Even if she "consented" in some form and rape is a strong term it was a pretty foul and ultimately retarded thing to do.

More or less what happened, a few other seedy details about his mates filming it and her being left on her own in the hotel room while Evans sneaked out the fire exit, the state of the girl is difficult for any of us to know, but I still find it incredible that Evans got sent down but the other footballer whose porridge he stirred got let off.

I mean she didn't get more drunk whilst she was fvcking the other one, unless he had vodka for semen, and surely he knew how drunk she was better than Evans having spent more time with her.

As for the being too drunk to give a valid consent, I'm with Matt on this, I don't like it, it should not be classed in the same way as violently attacking and forcing yourself on to someone, judging someone's drunkenness is not an exact science unless you make a her take a breathalyser test while filming her say "give it to me big boy" then you have no defence other than to prove she wasn't drunk. Worrying, and if it applied the same to men then it means I've been raped a few times.

As for Ched, everyone has a right to be able to change themselves and shouldn't be condemned forever for crimes they have been punished for.

A work colleague of mine seem him whilst he was in prison a few months into his sentence. He was really struggling apparently and was under close watch.

I think he said he had spent most of his money on fees in an attempt to get off, I know most people are but he was adamant he was innocent.

Hmmmm. If you're REALLY too drunk to properly consent and know what you're doing then you should be left be.

Call me old fashioned but it wouldn't enter my head to follow through, white knighted gentleman that I am.

Almost hooked up with my current missus about a year before we properly started dating. We got as far as getting in the taxi together having been together all evening on a works night out. But she was clearly smashed. I was hammered but still had enough smarts to realise she was too.

Made the taxi take us to our separate houses and left it at that.

Sorry if I'm not lad enough for the FT majority but I think that as the (in the majority of cases!) stronger and more in control in the scenario it's always a bloke's responsibility to make sure he acts appropriately. If it's a shag worth having it's worth having when she's in a fit ****ing state to move, not a messy paralytic.

Obviously, anyone who actually lies to get someone else convicted is a scumbag.

You minty old tinman. In 07 if it wasn't nailed down you'd enter it.

Guest MattP
As for the being too drunk to give a valid consent, I'm with Matt on this, I don't like it, it should not be classed in the same way as violently attacking and forcing yourself on to someone, judging someone's drunkenness is not an exact science unless you make a her take a breathalyser test while filming her say "give it to me big boy" then you have no defence other than to prove she wasn't drunk. Worrying, and if it applied the same to men then it means I've been raped a few times.

Same here.

I'm guessing that what happened with the Evans case is that the woman in question KNEW she was going back to this lads hotel room. And this is why he got off. What she didn't know is that Evans was going to join in on the act, and that she was defenseless to stop him.

• 2 years later...

Archived