Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Ched Evans.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Now justice needs to be served to the girl that made it all up.

15 minutes ago, AndWhat? said:

Hope the woman who accused him gets charged. 

He's had his life ruined. 

hold your horses gentleman.

She didn't even make the initial complaint, this is the local plod putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

So no given she was probably encouraged and convinced to go along with the charges I'd say she is and should remain innocent herself. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wowowowow hold your horses gentleman.

She didn't even make the initial complaint, this is the local plod putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

So no given she was probably encouraged and convinced to go along with the charges I'd say she is and should remain innocent herself. 

Fair enough.

I agree when people say that punishing 'liers' deters from actual victims from reporting rape, but as someone who has been accused of rape (completely ridiculous, was vilified by University 'friends' over it before she admitted she'd lied when pressured to go to the Police) I can honestly say that I've never felt so low in all of my life.

It's a very tough one but I've always felt that rapists are the scum of the Earth and those who flat out lie about it are just as bad.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Fair enough.

I agree when people say that punishing 'liers' deters from actual victims from reporting rape, but as someone who has been accused of rape (completely ridiculous, was vilified by University 'friends' over it before she admitted she'd lied when pressured to go to the Police) I can honestly say that I've never felt so low in all of my life.

It's a very tough one but I've always felt that rapists are the scum of the Earth and those who flat out lie about it are just as bad.

I agree with you there, sound awful. 

It's been awhile since I looked into the case, but I believe she contacted the police about the fact she'd lost her bag/had it stolen and when asked about what had happened the night before she told them and  they decided to take from there. She will have been convinced that she was the victim. I've got some very cynical views about police reputation and choice of jurors myself but I wont air them on here. 

Fantastic work from the plod in pursuing this in the first place then. Superb work. :rolleyes:

Shit for Evans for what he's been through, shit for the girl because she's going to get people jumping on her now for no good reason and shit for legitimate rape victims as this whole mess can be used as further reason for them not to come forward when it happens to them.

I'm glad that justice has been served, well so far as justice can ever be served in any trial anyway. However, it is worrying how many are accepting of what he did (on social media, not so much on here). By that I mean the deception of gaining access to the room, sober v intoxicated, cheating etc. By saying that they are accepting, I am of course In no way saying that it is at all comparable to the ordeal that he has suffered and the fact that the vast majority of his career has gone down the drain. 

Interesting from a legal standpoint also; in the so called 'victim' and 'pc' culture that we are in at this moment in time, part of me thought he would never be found not guilty. It would hardly be the first time that the legal system had hung an individual out to dry for the sake of making a point. 

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

I'm glad that justice has been served, well so far as justice can ever be served in any trial anyway. However, it is worrying how many are accepting of what he did (on social media, not so much on here). By that I mean the deception of gaining access to the room, sober v intoxicated, cheating etc. By saying that they are accepting, I am of course In no way saying that it is at all comparable to the ordeal that he has suffered and the fact that the vast majority of his career has gone down the drain. 

Interesting from a legal standpoint also; in the so called 'victim' and 'pc' culture that we are in at this moment in time, part of me thought he would never be found not guilty. It would hardly be the first time that the legal system had hung an individual out to dry for the sake of making a point. 

I'll be the first to say what he did was highly unethical. 

However as you've already alluded to I think it's safe to say he's more than paid the price for a lack of morals which is probably why twitter aren't dwelling on it too much. 

You couldn't tell which way this case was going to go, but it had sounded wishy-washy and unconvincing at times.

Just glad he's on the books somewhere and starting to be professionally settled down, certainly now this has cleared him. Had he been been found guilty, Chesterfield would've probably removed him damaging his confidence further.

This relief will spur him on for his team. Wish him best of luck.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'll be the first to say what he did was highly unethical. 

However as you've already alluded to I think it's safe to say he's more than paid the price for a lack of morals which is probably why twitter aren't dwelling on it too much. 

Oh yeah, completely. I wouldn't wish what he has been through on anyone. However, there's celebrating justice and acknowledging the acquittal of an innocent man, and then there's accepting what he did as just another 'boys will be boys' incident. 

My point isn't so much to do with this as a specific case, more to do with the fact that many on social media are willing to victim shame, laud people like him as a LAD and then celebrate his acquittal as an almost personal victory. Then again if we took every offensive, bizarre and awful thing we saw on social media as gospel then you're on a slippery slope! There's no victory here. He's lost his career, his name and his growing reputation - hopefully he can at least try to rebuild that now, she's been dragged through the mill as well (not to the extent that he has of course) and the law in this area is as vague as it was initially. 

In court, Evans admitted he lied to get the key for the hotel room and did not speak to her before, during or after sex. He left via a fire exit. It also emerged that Evans’ younger brother and another man were trying to film what was happening from outside the room. :blink:

The comments he's made before and during the trial certainly suggest he's an idiot but he's been found not guilty of the crime. 

One big mess.

19 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Oh yeah, completely. I wouldn't wish what he has been through on anyone. However, there's celebrating justice and acknowledging the acquittal of an innocent man, and then there's accepting what he did as just another 'boys will be boys' incident. 

My point isn't so much to do with this as a specific case, more to do with the fact that many on social media are willing to victim shame, laud people like him as a LAD and then celebrate his acquittal as an almost personal victory. Then again if we took every offensive, bizarre and awful thing we saw on social media as gospel then you're on a slippery slope! There's no victory here. He's lost his career, his name and his growing reputation - hopefully he can at least try to rebuild that now, she's been dragged through the mill as well (not to the extent that he has of course) and the law in this area is as vague as it was initially. 

It's very unfortunate for her, I don't think she'd of even contemplated making a complaint in the first place had the plod not started to convince her she was a victim, mind you in the defense of them if a young girl wakes up dazed and confused in a footballers room without much recollection of what happened you're probably going to investigate.

It's just unfortunate all round really. Lots of people doing lots of things they probably shouldn't of done some being a bit too liberal with the truth and it has resulted in misery for all parties concerned. 

An unholy war has broken out on twitter between some of his supporters and those who continue to assert he raped her. What's amazing is how many of them seem to have virtually no knowledge of the actual case. So his supporters go on about how the girl should go to prison because she 'lied' (even though she never accused him of anything) and many of his accusers still claim that she was virtually unconscious and incapable of consenting (when the evidence does not back this up). I mean I get why it's so emotive, but it's depressing that so many people with such strong views on the case haven't even bothered to acquaint themselves with the basic facts.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

An unholy war has broken out on twitter between some of his supporters and those who continue to assert he raped her. What's amazing is how many of them seem to have virtually no knowledge of the actual case. So his supporters go on about how the girl should go to prison because she 'lied' (even though she never accused him of anything) and many of his accusers still claim that she was virtually unconscious and incapable of consenting (when the evidence does not back this up). I mean I get why it's so emotive, but it's depressing that so many people with such strong views on the case haven't even bothered to acquaint themselves with the basic facts.

I've just said exactly this elsewhere. 

Some people today have an opinion on everything, how much they actually know about it is irrelevant. 

I re

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

It doesn't help when there are perceived miscarriages of justice either...

I mean, OJ Simpson was found not guilty  Many believe that was because he could afford a good lawyer. Was Evans found not guilty because he could afford a good lawyer? Would someone who couldn't afford a good lawyer be found guilty?

It's just not cut and dry for me. I think to be found guilty you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that a crime has been committed. so knowing a crime has been committed and proving it can be very a different ball game. especially in this case where very little communication went on between the two people involved.  So, to me, PERSONALLY, being found not guilty is a little bit different to being completely innocent.

Either way, there's no winners here at all.

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

She said she was drunk and drugged that was bullshite she wAs texting her mate from the room,  in perfect English and no spelling mistakes

To me her evidence was a fabrication to fit the possibility of a pay out 

she knew what she was doing ! And she knew what she did was wrong 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Delighted, like most I had grave doubts about this from the start. 

Can't imagine what he's been through. 

I personally make no mistakes in drunken texts yet regularly text like a 3 year old when I'm stone cold sober.

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Shocking Carry on by the police she was texting her buddies from the room in perfect English with no spelling mistakes ! Impossible for her to be intoxicated to the level she couldn't give consent 

After watching cctv of her arriving at the hotel i was always convinced she was'nt that drunk.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I personally make no mistakes in drunken texts yet regularly text like a 3 year old when I'm stone cold sober.

Drunken is one thing , she claimed to be incapacitated by drink or drugs  , unable to give consent ! 

Which the jury didn't believe , because the eveidence proves that was bollox 

Archived