Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Villa extend Paul Lambert's contract HAHAHHAHA

What's funny about it. They've had an awesome start to the season, a lot of people, myself included had them to struggle and possibly go down this season however they're unbeaten and a quarter of the way to the 40 point mark already. He deserves the clubs backing.

Yes a great manager if you want to narrowly avoid being relegated every season and knocked out in the first round of every cup competition

Two full seasons, one League Cup Semi-Final, eliminated in the first round of a cup competition twice. Not that bad.

Two 15th place finishes with a side that finished 16th the season before he took over (and yeah I think survival is fairly good for Villa in their current state), and a brilliant job at both Norwich and Colchester. Not saying he's incredible, but he's good enough for Villa.

What's funny about it. They've had an awesome start to the season, a lot of people, myself included had them to struggle and possibly go down this season however they're unbeaten and a quarter of the way to the 40 point mark already. He deserves the clubs backing.

No debating his achievements after four games played.

However, that's four games and not 38.

Lee Hoos is public enemy No 1 at Burnley. I notice in the interview he mentions maximising revenues, which roughly translates as fleecing fans.

I notice my ticket for Leicester is £19. Yours for the Turf will be £40.

You have to appreciate the irony of a club loudly and consistently denouncing the cash-focused nature of football while equally publicly committing some of the worst examples of capitalist exploitation (I still can't get over your season ticket debacle).

Lee Hoos is public enemy No 1 at Burnley. I notice in the interview he mentions maximising revenues, which roughly translates as fleecing fans.

I notice my ticket for Leicester is £19. Yours for the Turf will be £40.

Preaching to the choir here - When Nige left the first time, a lot was made of the idea that Nige and Hoos didn't have a good (or indeed any) relationship.

Two full seasons, one League Cup Semi-Final, eliminated in the first round of a cup competition twice. Not that bad.

Two 15th place finishes with a side that finished 16th the season before he took over (and yeah I think survival is fairly good for Villa in their current state), and a brilliant job at both Norwich and Colchester. Not saying he's incredible, but he's good enough for Villa.

Villa should be challenging for Europa the last few seasons, not relegation battles, I'm sure they brought lambert in to improve them, has he?? Not a patch on what they were with Mon

.Villa should be challenging for Europa the last few seasons, not relegation battles, I'm sure they brought lambert in to improve them, has he?? Not a patch on what they were with Mon

Of course they're not as good as they were under Martin, but the damage was done before Lambert got there. He took over a crap side and he's kept them in the division for two seasons. I admit he probably needs to be aiming for more this season, but for the last two years I think surviving with a club that was flirting with relegation when he arrived is enough. Villa didn't have a team capable of challenging for Europe when he arrived, they were nowhere near that level, and they haven't invested nearly enough under him to expect to get back there given the gulf between themselves and the top 7 clubs when he arrived.

Villa should be challenging for Europa the last few seasons, not relegation battles, I'm sure they brought lambert in to improve them, has he?? Not a patch on what they were with Mon

Compare the money spent under MON with the money spend during Lambert and you will realise the difference.

Of course they're not as good as they were under Martin, but the damage was done before Lambert got there. He took over a crap side and he's kept them in the division for two seasons. I admit he probably needs to be aiming for more this season, but for the last two years I think surviving with a club that was flirting with relegation when he arrived is enough. Villa didn't have a team capable of challenging for Europe when he arrived, they were nowhere near that level, and they haven't invested nearly enough under him to expect to get back there given the gulf between themselves and the top 7 clubs when he arrived.

I'm not critising the great MON but he didn't half sign alot of players some he hardly played and some one on such high wages. On Lambert he's had a difficult job to deal with, the club on and off the field were and still are in a bit of mess. Lerner spent alot of cash to break Villa into the top four and came so close but then suddenly seem to have lost interest very quickly. Villa have had a good start but I don't think it warrants enough to earn Lambert a new contract. 

Just look at this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

And some of the rubbish O'Neill spent money on.....

They spend of £50 million on Luke young, Richard Dunne, Curtis Davies, Reo Coker, Knight, Harewood, Shorey, Cuellar, Collins and an ageing Heskey.

You have to appreciate the irony of a club loudly and consistently denouncing the cash-focused nature of football while equally publicly committing some of the worst examples of capitalist exploitation (I still can't get over your season ticket debacle).

It was a rip off, as are the walk on price, but they are selling. Even the Sunderland game will be close to sell out. He would argue that it is a success, but it has left a really sour taste.

Archived