Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

What did Vertonghen actually do wrong yesterday? He got kicked on the back of the leg, naturally went down as he wasn't expecting it, didn't writhe in agony or stay down, got up straight away and didn't make a fuss.

How was he looking to get the player sent off?

What did Vertonghen actually do wrong yesterday? He got kicked on the back of the leg, naturally went down as he wasn't expecting it, didn't writhe in agony or stay down, got up straight away and didn't make a fuss.

I've made this point too. Bruce has said he's dived, it's a disgrace and his players wouldn't play again if they did that. 

However, Vertonghen just looked as surprised as everyone else to me. He didn't roll around or anything, his face just looked confused as to why it happened.

Modern football hooligan!!!!!

Arsenal fan in sour grapes after wine thrown at Manchester United bench
• Fan arrested at Emirates after wine splashed United staff
• Arsenal will ban any individual found guilty of attack

manchester-united-bench-011.jpgThe red wine, said to be thrown by an Arsenal fan, splashed Manchester United staff on the visitors’ bench at the Emirates. Photograph: Javier Garcia/BPI/Rex

An Arsenal supporter was arrested at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday after red wine was thrown at the Manchester United bench. The flashpoint took place as United celebrated the opening goal of their 2-1 win and led to an angry exchange between some of the club’s substitutes and fans in the seats behind them.

Arsenal moved to identify the culprit, calling on the stewards in attendance and the CCTV footage, and they have promised to liaise with the Metropolitan Police and ban any individual whose guilt is proven. The club take a hard line against antisocial behaviour. The wine splashed some of the United personnel who were understandably not happy. It is unclear whether United will make an official complaint but they are keen that the matter be resolved.

Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Louis van Gaal not pleased with win

There has long been the feeling at United that their staff and substitutes lack proper protection at the Emirates as the visiting dugout seats are out in the open.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the club’s former manager, complained in 2008 about the abuse that he received from supporters close to him, describing it as “nasty”. “It is too open for my liking,” he once said. “It should not happen when you build a modern stadium. You need tin helmets. It is a weakness in the planning that you don’t provide safety for the visiting substitutes and staff.”

Passions ran high on Saturday and after Wayne Rooney had scored United’s second goal in the 85th minute, the Arsenal fans that want to see the manager, Arsène Wenger, sacked, could be heard. One of them held aloft a small, A4-sized placard, which read: “Enough is enough. Wenger out.” A steward quickly moved in to confiscate it. The club have a policy to remove such items on safety grounds because they risk sparking argument among fans.

Arsenal disappointed with defeat by Manchester United, says Arsène Wenger

Arsenal face an anxious wait to see whether Jack Wilshere faces a lay-off on disciplinary or fitness grounds. The Football Association will study the footage of the moment when the midfielder pushed his forehead up towards Marouane Fellaini in the 30th minute. The referee, Mike Dean, took no action at the time.

Wilshere was forced off early in the second half after rolling his left ankle following a challenge from the United defender Paddy McNair. An x-ray after the game was clear but there is the fear of soft tissue damage.

Wenger said Wilshere had very little chance of being fit for Wednesday’s Champions League tie at home to Borussia Dortmund. The goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, who came off with hip trouble after colliding with Kieran Gibbs before United’s first goal, was not too badly injured, according to Wenger.

I wouldn't rule Spurs out of the relegation scrap yet.

If they lose today it will be 8 points from their last 10, which is worse form than we're in over the same period and everyone thinks we're doomed.

They're away at Everton and Swansea in their next 4 as well. It's not totally out of the question that they'll pitch up at the KP with less than 20 points.

Also we could be above Liverpool in 9 days time, so there's always that.

Basically it's tight. And just 1 win for us will make things tighter still.

I would but I'd rule them out of Europe as well.

Would be absolutely hilarious if they went down. Absolutely, utterly brilliant.

Didn't see it but I know he's got previous. Can remember him doing it Zozulya (I think) when they played Dnipro. Zozulya went absolutely mad lol I didn't blame him one bit.

Us v villa is going to be a classic isn't it.

Wasn't expecting a good atmosphere but Jesus Christ it's quiet.

Villa Park is so empty these days. Not that I'd expect it to be full given how bad they have been in recent seasons. As for Southampton, always well supported, but I'm guessing they won't have taken many. Southampton to Birmingham on a Monday night, just unfair.

Archived