Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Yeah tbf Ealing you've rather proved Babs' point there.

If we're in a situation now where a few decent results (actually only one to be specific) will get us "right back in this" that can only mean that we didn't have to win some of the previous games labelled 'must win'.

I'm not a fan of the term but we really, really need to win it if we are going to stay up we need three points on the board soon.

Shame our game in hand is against Chelsea but it's a great feeling to not lose ground.

Man City away next week without losing ground and i'm still believing.

QPR playing Arsenal, Burnley are away at Liverpool. Hull are playing Sunderland. Villa are at home to WBA but it is a local derby.

We might not win midweek but the other sides might not either. It's the Hull v Sunderland game that's worrying, best we can hope for is a draw I think because Sunderland aren't exactly safe yet either.

Does that mean I was right and Palace, Stoke, Everton weren't must win then? I must have been if Hull is now a must win.

Call me a knobhead all you want. But, after Hull no matter what the result you'll be saying the next game is must win as well.

You know you are just being facetious though. Nobody is or was saying we will literally be instantly relegated if we don't win this or that game, and you know that as well.

If we can't win in those games then it's impossible to forecast where the wins will come from, and in that sense we had to win them.

I'm not a fan of the term but we really, really need to win it if we are going to stay up we need three points on the board soon.

I'm probably not going to moan at anyone who uses it from now on tbh. It's just the silliness we had earlier in the season where the phrase was being thrown around every other week that I'm criticising.

Any game against a team we want to close the gap on is at the very very least can't lose. If Hull beat us, we won't catch them. If we draw I also don't think we will catch them.

4 teams deserve to go down this season - one of them has to stay up!

But good day for us

We won't catch Hull, we won't catch Sunderland imo, they're both too far ahead.

We're playing for one spot between 4 teams.

Don't get me wrong we do need to beat Hull but we won't catch them.

Sort of glad the game was moved now as we probably would have lost and today would have felt like another opportunity missed. Perhaps when we do play them we'll be in better form and have a chance of getting a result. Why the feck not!

Hopefully chelsea would've won the league by then and they would have nothing riding on the game

also anyone else think its a disgrace that there's a high unemployment level in our country but tim sherwood has got a job? joke imo

ive also nicknamed him sherwoodywoody like the band makes him infinitely more likeable tbh

Hull are definitely still in it, they've been absolutely turgid for most of the season and just happened to be in the midst of a favourable run of games.

Their run is:

Sunderland (H)

Leicester (A)

Chelsea (H)

Swansea (A)

Southampton (A)

Liverpool (H)

Palace (A)

Arsenal (H)

Burnley (H)

Spurs (A)

Man United (H)

Can't see them getting more than 10 points from that run.

I do think our fixture against them is as close as it's possible to get to "must win". Obviously if they beat us there's no way we will catch them.

Yeah I don't remember this but I am fairly ITK about 2 things Pearson and Kramaric.

yeah #this 

it mighta been after man city home actually i can't really remember either but you definitely said it and i definitely trust you on this one 

yeah #this 

it mighta been after man city home actually i can't really remember either but you definitely said it and i definitely trust you on this one 

Well if you trust me then I trust me and hopefully the rest of the foxestalk social order do.

I have the Hull game down as a draw and us still staying up in my prediction so I wouldn't call it must win. It would be useful not to feed the teams around us, so draws aren't the end of the world.

I think we can make up ground in the fixtures against mid table sides which are predominantly home games and those sides will have little to play for.

Swansea, Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton are all home fixtures against teams who are secure and while none are "must win", we really need to win two of those fixtures for my prediction to work.

I have the Hull game down as a draw and us still staying up in my prediction so I wouldn't call it must win. It would be useful not to feed the teams around us, so draws aren't the end of the world.

I think we can make up ground in the fixtures against mid table sides which are predominantly home games and those sides will have little to play for.

Swansea, Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton are all home fixtures against teams who are secure and while none are "must win", we really need to win two of those fixtures for my prediction to work.

I'm surprised so many have written off the Southampton game. They've lost away at Burnley and West Brom already and may well be out of the champions league running by the time they turn up at the KP.

To be honest, given the 7 home games we've got left, if we can't take at least 11 points from them we've got no business being in this division anyway.

It's a 'long game' from here on in

Today is significant because Vila and burnley failed to get potential points.

We would have expected to have lost ground on a weekend where we expected to not pick up points against Chelsea

If our time is to come, it will be March onwards

we need to try and pick up a point from city and Spurs (not essential) - but we really do need to beat hull. I guess that once we get past West Ham at home, we will know if there is a real chance of saving ourselves. (Our form will be clear and also that of the three sides above us)

Archived