Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

gotta agree with savage here, he's basically saying pellegrini is a fraud. he basically got given the title last year and man city weren't great under mancini but i'd argue are a lot worse now. and every time they play a half decent team they get absolutely laughed at. 

Pellegrini was a strange appointment in the first place really, not really achieved all that much.

Bit harsh. Finished 2nd and 3rd in La Liga with Villareal, took them to the CL semis in their first season in it, would have done the same with Malaga but were robbed against Dortmund, recorded Madrid's highest ever points tally in La Liga at the time, only missing out on the league because he was up against Guardiola's Barca at the peak of their powers, sacked after 1 season at Real just for that. Then top 4 and CL with Malaga.

Then he came to City and won 2 trophies in his first season, and City were ridiculous last season.

gotta agree with savage here, he's basically saying pellegrini is a fraud. he basically got given the title last year and man city weren't great under mancini but i'd argue are a lot worse now. and every time they play a half decent team they get absolutely laughed at. 

He didn't though, Man City won their last five and capitalised on the other's slip-ups. Was Mancini given the title when he won it?

Savage is mates with Mancini and probably feels bitter he was sacked. Pellegrini might not be hugely better but you can't be given a title.

Guest seanfox778

Villa v West Brom and Hull v Sunderland on Tuesday.

Think I want WBA to win as don't think we can catch them plus another home defeat for Villa will absolutely destroy them. Hopefully a draw with plenty of red cards in the Hull game, just to keep them both in the mix.

Bit harsh. Finished 2nd and 3rd in La Liga with Villareal, took them to the CL semis in their first season in it, would have done the same with Malaga but were robbed against Dortmund, recorded Madrid's highest ever points tally in La Liga at the time, only missing out on the league because he was up against Guardiola's Barca at the peak of their powers, sacked after 1 season at Real just for that. Then top 4 and CL with Malaga.

Then he came to City and won 2 trophies in his first season, and City were ridiculous last season.

I didn't realise he'd done that well with Villareal, but even still you'd think they would've been able to poach somebody better

He didn't though, Man City won their last five and capitalised on the other's slip-ups. Was Mancini given the title when he won it?

Savage is mates with Mancini and probably feels bitter he was sacked. Pellegrini might not be hugely better but you can't be given a title.

to clarify savage didn't actually say that that was just the underlying message of his hard to comprehend rant, that pellegrini has been a crap manager at city. which i agree with, as he's proving this year like he did in most big games last year. they won the title by default, yeah they wrapped it up on their run in but liverpool won that league by beating city and then ****ed it up. 

their champions league record speaks for itself and some of his signings are absolutely laughable. i could've taken the city team he did and won the league cup and scraped a league that was given to me on a plate. they've been awful the whole of this year despite spending upwards of 70 million so far. he gets "out-tacticed" to use an allardyce made up word every time they play anyone half decent. 

Yeah, they always do it live.

Actually kinda realised it was a bit of a stupid question that I did know the answer to just after I posted it. They do all MOTDs live for sackings and breaking news etc. Just the Saturday on always seems slicker and better rehearsed.

Think I want WBA to win as don't think we can catch them plus another home defeat for Villa will absolutely destroy them. Hopefully a draw with plenty of red cards in the Hull game, just to keep them both in the mix.

Hull will win, they always seem to beat Sunderland these days.

It matters nothing to us right now all that matters is the three above us.

Everton being sucked in and going down means fvck all if we go down infact if we do I hope they do not.

Huge club that wil bounce back one less spot for us.

I'm sure the same was said about Leeds.

I think he's another Mancini - ordinary. I don't particularly rate either of them. I quite like Pellegrini in how he comes across, but I don't think he's a great manager by any stretch.

A 0-1 in the Villa game would be super and I can see it happening too.

Guest seanfox778

A 0-1 in the Villa game would be super and I can see it happening too.

That would be marvellous. They need to stop Benteke from scoring, he seems one of those types that'll go on to score a few if he gets one. Like Wickham at the end of last season

That's funny from Savage, the man stealing a living as a pundit.

As much as I'd love to see Villa go down, they would be huge favourites for the championship next season and if we were to go down maybe it would be better for the likes of Burnley and QPR to get relegated with us

Rather have Villa, an owner who doesn't want to invest... their only couple of good players will be off, manager with no experience. Depends what players Burnley get robbed of though.

Rather have Villa, an owner who doesn't want to invest... their only couple of good players will be off, manager with no experience. Depends what players Burnley get robbed of though.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Why is Lerner still there?

dont think villa would go back up personally. they're in absolute free fall on and off the pitch. they're a "big" club due to their ground and supposed fan base but half of them would be off when they lose 0-1 at home to charlton on day one of the championship season. 

their big earners (im sure there are a few on hefty salaries, especially if the scott sinclair situation is to be believed) would either be off or crippling them financially, their manager is an idiot and their owner doesn't give a shit and just wants to forget the whole sorry club exists. 

Don't see Everton going down. It'd be beneficial for them to get two more wins then really focus on the Europa League. If they win that they qualify for the UCL and could really build something to move on. This season is a write off so so long as they can ensure they're safe Europa would be where I'd be looking at.

I was always baffled by Pellegrini to be honest, I'd have thought they'd look to appoint long term when Mancini went, a young-ish manager who could build a dynasty and dominate the league, not squeak titles on the last day. Instead in comes a man who qualifies for a bus pass, with some of his staff who I think also qualify for a bus pass. It's not thinking long term really.

Then again, you look at the squad and they're going to be in real trouble either this summer or in a year. A squad which is growing old together and will be disappearing soon. Zabaleta, Kolarov, Toure, Kompany are a real spine but in a couple of years they'll be on the wane. Players like Nasri are a luxury when you're playing well, he's not up for the dogfights.

What I'd be most worried about if I was a Man City fan is the frightening reliance on Toure at times. No top team should be so reliant on one player because when he finally leaves/reitres they're going to be in trouble. Now they should be scouting as hard as possible to bring in his replacement.

Don't see Everton going down. It'd be beneficial for them to get two more wins then really focus on the Europa League. If they win that they qualify for the UCL and could really build something to move on. This season is a write off so so long as they can ensure they're safe Europa would be where I'd be looking at.

I was always baffled by Pellegrini to be honest, I'd have thought they'd look to appoint long term when Mancini went, a young-ish manager who could build a dynasty and dominate the league, not squeak titles on the last day. Instead in comes a man who qualifies for a bus pass, with some of his staff who I think also qualify for a bus pass. It's not thinking long term really.

Then again, you look at the squad and they're going to be in real trouble either this summer or in a year. A squad which is growing old together and will be disappearing soon. Zabaleta, Kolarov, Toure, Kompany are a real spine but in a couple of years they'll be on the wane. Players like Nasri are a luxury when you're playing well, he's not up for the dogfights.

What I'd be most worried about if I was a Man City fan is the frightening reliance on Toure at times. No top team should be so reliant on one player because when he finally leaves/reitres they're going to be in trouble. Now they should be scouting as hard as possible to bring in his replacement.

He's going to be really tough to replace imo. The top players in his position are all of similar age. Maybe Pogba would fit in there

Archived