Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

No such thing as a must win at this stage, QPR at home last day of the season may well be a "must win".

Burnley had a "must win" match today which they lost but they dust themselves down and go again. They're still in this battle win lose or draw.

We can be thankful that the teams around are not winning matches even against the lower half teams. Burnley losing at home to Swansea and Villa losing away at Newcastle is terrible for them as both clubs went into those matches with realistic chances of points. At some point though we're going to have to take our destiny in our own hands as we can't keep relying on the three above us to keep us in touch by losing their matches. 

What's your point?

West Brom waited, signed him, and he's completely turned them around. I suspect they'll finish mid table.

And they are playing some lovely football.

think his point is by the time we woulda had to wait, pulis would've been given the option to join established prem club west brom who (imo) would've stayed up either way, or to join according to many already relegated leicester. who do you think he'd have chosen? 

What's your point?

West Brom waited, signed him, and he's completely turned them around. I suspect they'll finish mid table.

So you think the same would have happend if he came to Leicester?  It's impossible to say, you can't guarentee a manager will save a club.  

What's your point?

From what I've seen Col the football's been anything but "lovely".

But Pulis obviously knows how to get a defence organised which I don't think is something that can be said for Nige.

That said I'm proud that I support a club where the owners take a long-term view and have stuck with a manager who has earned patience from them and us, promotes youth (how many youth teamers has Pulis brought through at Stoke, Palace or West Brom?) and has moved towards playing enterprising football for the most part.

From what I've seen Col the football's been anything but "lovely".

But Pulis obviously knows how to get a defence organised which I don't think is something that can be said for Nige.

That said I'm proud that I support a club where the owners take a long-term view and have stuck with a manager who has earned patience from them and us, promotes youth (how many youth teamers has Pulis brought through at Stoke, Palace or West Brom?) and has moved towards playing enterprising football for the most part.

The only thing I can recall is that certain posters suggested they would 'rather go down' than be managed by Pulis. Based on him playing 'long ball' football.

The reality is he has turned Brom around. Completely. They are now very hard to beat and are scoring plenty of goals.

It also blows the 'consistency' argument out of the water. It's quite likely that you will be proud of our club wishing to maintain consistency...and getting relegated.

Pulis has taken his squad, signed some notable additions and will most probably achieve his remit...avoiding relegation.

The rest is a side-show really. And don't forget, this was a West Brom squad who were pretty much in free-fall..as bad as we were/are.

It was an excellent appointment. You might not like it. But not liking it and not accepting 'what is' are two completely different things.

The only thing I can recall is that certain posters suggested they would 'rather go down' than be managed by Pulis. Based on him playing 'long ball' football.

The reality is he has turned Brom around. Completely. They are now very hard to beat and are scoring plenty of goals.

It also blows the 'consistency' argument out of the water. It's quite likely that you will be proud of our club wishing to maintain consistency...and getting relegated.

Pulis has taken his squad, signed some notable additions and will most probably achieve his remit...avoiding relegation.

The rest is a side-show really. And don't forget, this was a West Brom squad who were pretty much in free-fall..as bad as we were/are.

It was an excellent appointment. You might not like it. But not liking it and not accepting 'what is' are two completely different things.

Didn't say it wasn't an excellent appointment col, obviously it's worked out well for them and good luck to them.

7 in 8 (league) is plenty? It's the same as us. He's getting results but hardly tearing it up. He's doing enough and will likely keep them up but it's not to say the same would have happened here.

I remember people worshiping Neil Warnock when we were in the championship.

At least with Pulis there is genuine evidence that he does what his reputation tells you.

Warnock is seriously overrated at Championship level. Two promotions in 20 years, took an absolute age to get Sheffield United promoted, his only real success was QPR where he improved them in 6 months. The rest is just the odd play-off failure and mediocrity largely.

At least with Pulis there is genuine evidence that he does what his reputation tells you.

Warnock is seriously overrated at Championship level. Two promotions in 20 years, took an absolute age to get Sheffield United promoted, his only real success was QPR where he improved them in 6 months. The rest is just the odd play-off failure and mediocrity largely.

Absolutely right Corky.

Not for the first time recently...

It's "easy" for a manager to come into a side full of quality but little motivation. Pulis was always going to "turn it around" because there are plenty of proven Premier League players in the West Brom squad that just weren't trying.

Our squad has plenty of heart (probably more so that any other squad in the league, although the media darlings Burnley would argue against it) but little quality. I don't see how a different manager could come in and do a job significant enough to keep us up from this position. I did think we should have gone for Pulis in November because he'd have had a month to tinker with the team before having another month where he could bring in players to plug the gaps.

Moaning about wanting Pearson out now is a complete waste of time. It's 1) Not going to happen and B) Will be detrimental to the squad. Lets just accept it and get behind him and the squad so we have a half chance of staying in this league. It's like some on here would rather we lose so he keeps his job, it's just sad.

Archived