Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Joey Barton has to be the biggest dickhead around, he gets sent off then uses Twitter to post a quote in a vain attempt to justify his actions.  How on earth can he be captain?, surely there wouldn't be one player in the QPR dressing room that could take him seriously.  And you just know he googled searched to find that quote.

2015 form table

1: Liverpool DWWWDWW - 17 points

2: Arsenal LWWWLWW - 15 points

3: Chelsea LWWDWWD - 14 points

4: Southampton WWWLWDL - 13 points

5: Tottenham WLWWWLD - 13 points

6: Man City WDLDDWW - 12 points

7: Man Utd DLWWDWL - 11 points

8: Stoke DLWWDLW - 11 points

9: Crystal Palace DWWLWDL - 11 points

10: West Brom DWDLDWD - 10 points

11: Hull WLLLDWW - 10 points

12: Swansea DDLWDLW - 9 points

13: West Ham DDWLDDD - 8 points

14: Everton LDDWDLD - 7 points

15: Burnley DWLLDLD - 6 points

16: Newcastle DLLWDDL - 6 points

17: Sunderland LLLWDLD - 5 points

18: Leicester DWLLLLD - 5 points

19: QPR DLLLLWL - 4 points

20: Aston Villa DLLLLLL - 1 point

Interesting that we drew with Liverpool (and would have won but for a shit ref), beat Spurs away and made Arsenal sweat like mad but we lost to Villa.

Could've smapped his leg, simple as that

That's not in doubt.  But that doesn't mean it has to be deliberate.  Barnes had the ball, Matic slid in to tackle him, and the result was that Barnes' leg made contact with the ball and then Matic's leg; Matic's leg made contact with the ball (second to the ball, Barnes played it first) and then Barnes' foot.  Barnes was the one on his feet, Matic was making the sliding tackle.  It could have had very nasty consequences, but still wouldn't have been Barnes' fault.

That's not in doubt. But that doesn't mean it has to be deliberate. Barnes had the ball, Matic slid in to tackle him, and the result was that Barnes' leg made contact with the ball and then Matic's leg; Matic's leg made contact with the ball (second to the ball, Barnes played it first) and then Barnes' foot. Barnes was the one on his feet, Matic was making the sliding tackle. It could have had very nasty consequences, but still wouldn't have been Barnes' fault.

Ok I can buy that to a certain degree but........The force Barnes foot put on Matic's leg would be very noticeable to Barnes. He just walked away as if nothing happened, this to me suggests it was a bit nasty.

I do see where you are coming from in the sense it wasn't a tackle

Palace going to be safe soon which means they may pack up and 'head to the beach' in their remaining fixtures

Only qpr have to play them out of the bottom four and that's in three games when they will probably still be 'at it'

All four teams have to play west ham - they will be slapping on the suntanlotion within a fortnight!

Palace score 3 more from set pieces - 17 of their 28 goals in the Prem scored that way. In general play Palace offer nothing - again less than 40 possession today. Just goes to show the importance of set pieces.

They scored 3 from set pieces against us. How many have we scored from set pieces this season? 1?

Set pieces are so important. I don't expect every team to be scoring from as many as palace do but every team really should have scored a few goals from them by now, maybe around 4/5.

Only set piece I remember us scoring from in the league was ulloa in first game?

Set pieces are so important. I don't expect every team to be scoring from as many as palace do but every team really should have scored a few goals from them by now, maybe around 4/5.

Only set piece I remember us scoring from in the league was ulloa in first game?

Newcastle, FA Cup ?

Archived