Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

We have been fcukin diabolical in the transfer market, let's not kid ourselves. Perhaps we'll still have enough but it will be unbareable on here if we go on a horror run and we haven't got some more players in. That late goal vs Everton has bought us a bit of time but let's see how our fans are in 2-3 weeks time.

Is it down to Nigel's stubbornness that we've not been able to bring in new players? I think Ulloa is a great signing, and I've yet to see Ablrighton, but Upson seems a complete liability. It's obvious our squad does not have enough depth and quality. We were extremely lucky against Everton. I hope Nige can bring in another 3 decent players, because we badly need it. 

Guest MattP

Is it down to Nigel's stubbornness that we've not been able to bring in new players? I think Ulloa is a great signing, and I've yet to see Ablrighton, but Upson seems a complete liability. It's obvious our squad does not have enough depth and quality. We were extremely lucky against Everton. I hope Nige can bring in another 3 decent players, because we badly need it.

How could it be down to stubbornness? We haven't done all the deals we wanted as the bids were knocked back?

And how is Upson a liability? He hasn't played a game. Can you think of anyone better who would be happy to be fourth choice CB?

I still don't think we need to do too much, our team has few weaknesses and keeping players fit is more important than signing new ones.

We have been fcukin diabolical in the transfer market, let's not kid ourselves. Perhaps we'll still have enough but it will be unbareable on here if we go on a horror run and we haven't got some more players in. That late goal vs Everton has bought us a bit of time but let's see how our fans are in 2-3 weeks time.

How can you judge the business we have done after one game, were only two of our signings have been fit? Uspon and Albrighton will have a postive impact. NP transfers strategy has been pretty good over the last few years, the EPL is just a harder market to work in!

We have more to gain by blooding Mahrez, Knockheart, James, Drinkwater et al, then just bring in replacements, team ethic is what will keep us up!

QPR get Fer. Let's take Redmond off Norwich. Would give us more depth in the right/left side of midfield. We've already seen how anxious we were when 2 of our wingers were injured a week before the new season.

Yeah agree, said a few weeks back Redmond would be quality, not sure he would break the bank either. don't think it will happen mind you, but we can hope I suppose.

Yeah agree, said a few weeks back Redmond would be quality, not sure he would break the bank either. don't think it will happen mind you, but we can hope I suppose.

Seeing as he's English and Norwich are in no rush to sell, I think he'd be quite expensive. Way more than both Knocky and Mahrez.

QPR get Fer. Let's take Redmond off Norwich. Would give us more depth in the right/left side of midfield. We've already seen how anxious we were when 2 of our wingers were injured a week before the new season.

Three wingers and Schlupp as back up should cover us

Three wingers and Schlupp as back up should cover us

And if Konchesky gets injured/suspended, Schlupp would be needed there?

We could have some rotten luck in a few months whereby one of our left-backs gets injured/suspended which coincides with 2 of our wingers getting injured again. Just a possible scenario and not saying it'll definitely happen.

It's an interesting tactic, buying relegation fodder when you want to stay up, I prefer Big Nige's approach of going after players that have come off a successful season, rather than those that got used to being beaten every week.

QPR have signed Caulker, Mutch and now Fer, are all decent players, but they have probably forgotten what it is like to go on a winning run. I don't know how big a psychological impact relegation is, but I would generally try and sign winners ahead of picking at the carcass of a relegated team. 

Someone like Ulloa would be buzzing at the chance of playing in the Prem on the back of a successful season in the Championship, a few poor results for QPR and the likes of Caulker and Fer will start thinking, this is all so familiar, along with the likes of Remy and Barton who got relegated with QPR last time.

Our winning mentality will hopefully mean that losing will hit us hard and get a positive reaction rather than feeling all too familiar.

With Dyche-bag banging on about market and money all the time, he's effectively saying "I want some superstars but the board are too tight to provide the funds, so I'm stuck with these no-marks"

Surely some of the players and/or people on the board are getting sick of his comments by now?

It's like he's using it as an excuse, or if they get relegated can use it as an excuse. He's just won promotion with them, that's what £60million? And he's spent less than 10% of that? I know it won't all be used on transfers, but surely there's more for him to use.

As for his "we are the biggest underdogs the Premier League has ever seen" comment... is he forgetting about Blackpool, Bradford and Barnsley?

For those who like pounding their own livers, try the Sean Dyche drinking game. Every time he talks up the opposition, or mentions the lack of money Burnley have, drink. You'll be floored faster than Nani on the edge of the penalty area.

don't think the fans will be too bad,after all we will have played Everton,Chelsea.Arsenal and Man Utd !!

QPR signing Leory Fer and Vargas from Napoli. They might just have enough now to make a good fist of staying up, I really hope not as I cannot stand them. They must have spent nearly £40 million this summer.

Caulker 8m, Mutch 6m and it looks like Fer 7m, plus we got 4m back for Granero, so around 18m, although we probably have to pay some loan fees.

Fer, Mutch and Caulker all got relegated last season. Not exactly buying Ronaldo are they?

QPR will be in the mix at the end of the season.

Caulker 8m, Mutch 6m and it looks like Fer 7m, plus we got 4m back for Granero, so around 18m, although we probably have to pay some loan fees.

For some reason I thought you'd spent more than that, my apologies. You'll be paying an absolute wedge to Napoli for Vargas, hats off for that signing he is immense. Why on earth do they not want him?

Guest MattP

For some reason I thought you'd spent more than that, my apologies. You'll be paying an absolute wedge to Napoli for Vargas, hats off for that signing he is immense. Why on earth do they not want him?

They sent him away on loan last season to Valencia as well so something clearly isn't right.

Don't expect him to produce anything like his World Cup performances though over here, South Ameriicans take far longer to adapt to this league and he's only going QPR for a few quid if he has turned down Arsenal for them. Wouldn't be suprised if he followed down the Julio Cesar, Granero, Mbia route etc

Guest MattP

It's an interesting tactic, buying relegation fodder when you want to stay up, I prefer Big Nige's approach of going after players that have come off a successful season, rather than those that got used to being beaten every week.

QPR have signed Caulker, Mutch and now Fer, are all decent players, but they have probably forgotten what it is like to go on a winning run. I don't know how big a psychological impact relegation is, but I would generally try and sign winners ahead of picking at the carcass of a relegated team. 

Someone like Ulloa would be buzzing at the chance of playing in the Prem on the back of a successful season in the Championship, a few poor results for QPR and the likes of Caulker and Fer will start thinking, this is all so familiar, along with the likes of Remy and Barton who got relegated with QPR last time.

Our winning mentality will hopefully mean that losing will hit us hard and get a positive reaction rather than feeling all too familiar.

Great post. I have no idea how all this relegation fodder all of a sudden becomes so highly rated, if they were that good they would have been picked up by better teams or helped their own stay up in the first place.

Guest MattP

Arry has absolutely destroyed Nige in the transfer market this time around. Which is very disappointing. 

Well it will show just how superior Nigel is as a manager then when his team finishes above 'Arry's again.

Well it will show just how superior Nigel is as a manager then when his team finishes above 'Arry's again.

I hope you're right.

I've been Nigel's biggest fan over the years, and still am. I hope he stays with us for 25 years. But I'm just stating that it's disappointing we've not been able to add more quality in other areas of the team so far. We had a great opportunity to really accelerate our progression, but now we've seen QPR catch us. Which is a shame. 

Great post. I have no idea how all this relegation fodder all of a sudden becomes so highly rated, if they were that good they would have been picked up by better teams or helped their own stay up in the first place.

By this logic then, if you went down, nobody would want Vardy or Drinkwater then? I think any team in the bottom half of the prem would have them in a flah.

Guest MattP

I hope you're right.

I've been Nigel's biggest fan over the years, and still am. I hope he stays with us for 25 years. But I'm just stating that it's disappointing we've not been able to add more quality other areas of the team so far. We had a great opportunity to really accelerate our progression, but now we've seen QPR catch us. Which is a shame. 

How have we?

We are above them after one game and we had a harder start, the bookmakers have us down to finish 15th on current odds, they have QPR to finish 19th.

Archived