Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Guest MattP

By this logic then, if you went down, nobody would want Vardy or Drinkwater then? I think any team in the bottom half of the prem would have them in a flah.

But we won't go down so your point is irrelevent. Because we have players like Vardy and Drinkwater that are better than the Leroy Fer's and Stephen Caulker's of this World.

Is it down to Nigel's stubbornness that we've not been able to bring in new players? I think Ulloa is a great signing, and I've yet to see Ablrighton, but Upson seems a complete liability. It's obvious our squad does not have enough depth and quality. We were extremely lucky against Everton. I hope Nige can bring in another 3 decent players, because we badly need it.

So one just clicks ones fingers and Pearson suddenly finds 5-6 or just 1-2 players ready to come to city, that fill the needs of the squad. City have an history of buying for buying sake.

It seems many fans are desperate to see movement in the transfer market, they want Pearson to emulate Harry n QPR.

QPR overpaid for PL stars last year, their squad is full of maybes.No way should Pearson do the same.

Pearson has already said he would like to add to the squad....lets use common sense as fans, why go and buy just any

kicker just because he is on a clubs transferlist.

Great post. I have no idea how all this relegation fodder all of a sudden becomes so highly rated, if they were that good they would have been picked up by better teams or helped their own stay up in the first place.

This.

Fer had a pretty terrible season last year and didn't really show any glimpses of anything special.

As for Mutch, I don't remember him receiving any plaudits at all until he scored a few nice goals at the end of the season, and certainly wouldn't say he'd get into our starting XI.

This.

Fer had a pretty terrible season last year and didn't really show any glimpses of anything special.

As for Mutch, I don't remember him receiving any plaudits at all until he scored a few nice goals at the end of the season, and certainly wouldn't say he'd get into our starting XI.

Thank God (Nigel) I am not the only one. Fer was utter junk! Scores one goal in the world cup and all is forgotten!

Ings has done nothing to impress tonight. Can't understand why the commentators were really rating this performance. Granted he was very very good last season but this is a complete differant game.

Because Burnley have no money, and are underdogs, and apparently were the "best" team in the Championship last year, and Ings and Vokes can do no wrong because they're English, and Dyche is literally Jesus, so anything they do will get plaudits regardless of the shite-ness of the performance. Just don't mention the massive Premier League payday they're now reaping (rest assured that they will be on the TV more than us this year, because underdogs, innit), or the parachute payments that went AWOL from their last stint making them pretty wealthy as Championship clubs go, because they're apparently irrelevant.

lets be honest lads I think we would all have QPRs new signings at LCFC aside from Ferdinand. Caulker and Mutch were cardiff's two best players. Fer would be the DM we need and Vargas is quality.

Been dissapointed we havent managed to get more deals done, and better quality. We have had the longest out of all the prem teams to compete in the market but leaving deals to the last 10 days of the window?

Could be worse, you could be a Utd fan

lets be honest lads I think we would all have QPRs new signings at LCFC aside from Ferdinand. Caulker and Mutch were cardiff's two best players. Fer would be the DM we need and Vargas is quality.

Been dissapointed we havent managed to get more deals done, and better quality. We have had the longest out of all the prem teams to compete in the market but leaving deals to the last 10 days of the window?

Agreed.

I don't buy in to the thinking that just because they were relegated means they were rubbish.

There may have been other factors which prevented them from being sold - after all, why would a team in trouble want to sell their best player? Unless they were offered silly money, they're not gonna leave or be allowed to leave.

I definitely would have had Caulker or Mutch here. And had we have sold Kasper, I would have loved for us to pursue David Marshall.

For clubs like us it is inevitable that these signings will be done at a late stage as the players we're looking to get in will have been hanging on for a 'bigger', more established glamorous club, now's the time they will have realised that it isn't going to happen so will listen to our offers

QPR have more clout, its a London thing.

The players they have, compared to what they are bring in, so far dont ring my bell.Shrewd getting Rio only time will tell if

Harrys team of tranfer pundits have got it right. Wishing we had those players here........No

Guest MattP

Agreed.

I don't buy in to the thinking that just because they were relegated means they were rubbish.

There may have been other factors which prevented them from being sold - after all, why would a team in trouble want to sell their best player? Unless they were offered silly money, they're not gonna leave or be allowed to leave.

I definitely would have had Caulker or Mutch here. And had we have sold Kasper, I would have loved for us to pursue David Marshall.

I didn't watch too much of Mutch but from what I saw of Caulker he wouldn't get in our side ahead of Moore or Morgan, he was at fault for so many goals last year it was ridiculous, every week he seemed to have lost his man or been out of position for something. He played in London though for Tottenham so his reputation as a player has been probably been hightened to levels that they don't actually merit on performance.

Taking half of the side that finished bottom of a dreadful PL last year doesn't striker me as one that would prove successful.

Agreed.

It doesn't mean they are rubbish but so much of sport is mental, and these players could be the best in the world but their mindset will be affected by losing so many games last season. I don't know how much it does affect someone, but I would rather sign someone on the back of a successful season than a shit one.

It doesn't mean they are rubbish but so much of sport is mental, and these players could be the best in the world but their mindset will be affected by losing so many games last season. I don't know how much it does affect someone, but I would rather sign someone on the back of a successful season than a shit one.

There probably is some psychological affect but then again it's not just based on last season. The fact that a Premier League side shows interest after relegation could have a positive impact on the inidividual - it says to them they are still deemed good enough to be a Premier League player.

Also, not every player will have the generic mindset that relegation = low morale forever after. Some of them can be motivated enough to prove their critics wrong. Perhaps get their agents to find them a Premier League club so they can try and prove themselves in a different team.

Looking forward to Chelsea destroying you  :)

I don't think any of us are denying they won't beat us. I just don't want them to get 6. Which, they could have easily got against you (I take it you're a Burnley fan) if they didn't sit back in the second half.

Archived