Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Schlupp and Mahrez WC

I think if Schlupp is used, it will be as striker.

Asamoah is one of the best attacking full backs in the world.

Er, Asamoah plays centre mid for Ghana.

They don't have a settled, established left back. They're crying out for one but Asamoah is too important to them to "waste" at full back.

He practically runs the show.

Er, Asamoah plays centre mid for Ghana.

They don't have a settled, established left back. They're crying out for one but Asamoah is too important to them to "waste" at full back.

He practically runs the show.

lol

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166545

A short thread but 

Game 1 vs Serbia at WC

R. Kingson
J. Pantsil John Mensah I. Vorsah H. Sarpei
Kevin. Boateng A. Annan
P. Tagoe K. Asamoah A. Ayew
A. Gyan      

and

The goal of sat friendly should be the ff:

1. Do we have a Lb besides Kwadman?

would suggest that Asamoah won't be playing left-back, at least in the fans' eyes.

Seriously, read up on any blog or football site about Ghana. Any world cup guide, any magazine, any fan site.

He sits in a midfield three as a deeper lying playmaker in a much more creative role. He used to play behind a striker in a more attacking position.

I wouldn't say he's never played at left back for Ghana but it's not his regular position and, as stated, he'd be wasted there.

Seriously, read up on any blog or football site about Ghana. Any world cup guide, any magazine, any fan site.

He sits in a midfield three as a deeper lying playmaker in a much more creative role. He used to play behind a striker in a more attacking position.

I wouldn't say he's never played at left back for Ghana but it's not his regular position and, as stated, he'd be wasted there.

No, fair enough Finners. I will always bow to better knoweldge than mine. I thought he played as a left sided wing back (I do know he can play left sided mid also) but you seem to be in the know so I believe you. See, I can be humble.

:thumbup:

He plays on the left for Juve but a lot of internationals have different roles for their country, especially when that country is "lesser" footballing nation with fewer quality options.

I mean we played Speedo at full back cos our defence was so shit.

Guest MattP

Finners is right.

It's similar to how Yorke played at Trinidad or Etoo at Cameroon or Wilmots at Belgium.

When you have a player who can control a game and is by far the best player you pretty much have to get them in middle of the pitch so they see as much of the ball as possible.

Heard Schluppy had a good game the other night (according to twitter talk) but found nothing on the game. Anyone know how much he and RM have played in recent friendlies? 

Mahrez can't be playing until the 31st of May (against Armenia) and then maybe again in the second pre-WC friendly versus Romania (4th of June). Both matches are taking place in Switzerland.

The Black Stars aren't in action until the 31st, as well. Then they'll fly to the US for two more friendlies against Costa Rica and Honduras in LA.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-line-pre-world-cup-friendlies-costa-rica-honduras-black-stars-camp-europe-america/

He plays on the left for Juve but a lot of internationals have different roles for their country, especially when that country is "lesser" footballing nation with fewer quality options.

I mean we played Speedo at full back cos our defence was so shit.

:thumbup:

Finners is right.

It's similar to how Yorke played at Trinidad or Etoo at Cameroon or Wilmots at Belgium.

When you have a player who can control a game and is by far the best player you pretty much have to get them in middle of the pitch so they see as much of the ball as possible.

Again.. :thumbup:

Archived