Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Schlupp and Mahrez WC

Part of me hopes Mahrez doesn't get taken so he can rest up and be fresh for us at the start of next season,

As for Schlupp I don't think he'll be 1st choice for us, so the experience would do him good!

Part of me hopes Mahrez doesn't get taken so he can rest up and be fresh for us at the start of next season,

As for Schlupp I don't think he'll be 1st choice for us, so the experience would do him good!

If he goes he's not going to play much and even if he does he'll be home long before the tournament ends so this really doesn't bother me.

Schlupp has a better shout of getting on the plane though.

LeButeur report Riyad Mahrez has impressed Coach Vahid. They think he'll go to Brazil. Coach still wants him to be more aggressive though.

Algerian journalist/Stringer type I believe. 

Amazing news, i'm buzzing for this World Cup. Would love him and Jeff to have blinders, as I believe both will be our most influential players next season due to their explosive pace.

Guest MattP

Not surprised at all Mahrez is impressing, the bloke clearly has bucketloads of ability and any players who can beat men like they aren't there will always be wanted. :knockyhat:

I really hope Jeff isn't playing left back though for Ghana, that's not a job anyone would want looking at Ghana's group. Ronaldo running at you followed by the Germans midfield. :nigel:

Just don't play too well Riyad, under the radar please. :ph34r:

I hope Jeff and Riyad start at the WC for Ghana and Algeria. Think Jeff, could struggle against the likes of Ronaldo, Muller, Reus etc. But, can see Mahrez having a good tournament altough his nation wouldn't go that far I can see him producing some quality displays.

Would love to see them both play.

But if Schlupp were to go (as a left back) then he's never going to get in ahead of Asamoah.

Don't Ghana use Kwado Asamoah as a left/centre midfielder anyway - unless your on about a different one as there's about 60. I think Jeff will likely start if he goes and it will be good experience for him.

Hopefully they both make their squads and get a bit of pitch time.

If Algeria are anything like they were in 2010 Mahrez has to play.

lol bit harsh, he might look good in the Championship, but standing out in a World Cup is a completely different thing entirely.

It is starting to look he's got a chance of going although who they're going to leave out I don't know, massive gamble taking a player who's neither played top level or international football if they intend to actually use him, I'm very surprised. 

lol bit harsh, he might look good in the Championship, but standing out in a World Cup is a completely different thing entirely.

It is starting to look he's got a chance of going although who they're going to leave out I don't know, massive gamble taking a player who's neither played top level or international football if they intend to actually use him, I'm very surprised. 

I get the feeling Mahrez might have been completely off the radar for most except for us and a few French rivals. I love it when players like that pop up and it leaves you scratching your head as to how nobody else discovered them first. I'd love it if he absolutely ripped it up, he's certainly got absolutely no fear when he takes to the field.

It wasn't just quality though, they had no flair at all, I don't think they scored a goal. Mahrez may not be the finished article and he may even turn out to be a bit out of his depth in some matches but he does have a bit of flair, which will be something different to offer. And whilst he's still an unknown quantity there's every chance he could be one of their best players in years to come.

I hope Jeff and Riyad start at the WC for Ghana and Algeria. Think Jeff, could struggle against the likes of Ronaldo, Muller, Reus etc. But, can see Mahrez having a good tournament altough his nation wouldn't go that far I can see him producing some quality displays.

Who doesn't?

LeButeur report Riyad Mahrez has impressed Coach Vahid. They think he'll go to Brazil. Coach still wants him to be more aggressive though.

Algerian journalist/Stringer type I believe. 

Does he want Riyad to punch a teammate?

Don't Ghana use Kwado Asamoah as a left/centre midfielder anyway - unless your on about a different one as there's about 60. I think Jeff will likely start if he goes and it will be good experience for him.

Hopefully they both make their squads and get a bit of pitch time.

I don't follow Ghana's national team and thinking about it, i'm sure they'd rather not waste their best player at left back.

I don't follow Ghana's national team and thinking about it, i'm sure they'd rather not waste their best player at left back.

In your defence; I'm pretty sure they have played him there a fair amount and he does play in a wing-back role for Juve. Though as you say, I'd imagine he plays further forward nowadays. Think Schlupp's got to be a shoe in for the squad because he can play 3 different positions.

Archived