Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Nugent - SIGNS 2 YEAR DEAL

It's all subjective mate and in the eye of the beholder and all that but... without getting into the argument about penalties, because they all have to be scored, from open play, compared with 2-3 other strikers in the Championship last season, given the superior amount of scoring opportunities our team produced compared with others, I think Nugent, on a purely goalscoring basis, came up short. His goal taking ability will have to be a lot better in the Premiership compared to the Championship. Vardy will still be a menace and his pace again might get us a few penalties as well as he getting us the odd goal. We have a number of players capable of taking a decent penalty. We need a more dynamic player than Nugent in the pure goalpoaching, aggressive and selfish type mode to compete. That doesn't necessarily mean a £30m wonderbuy, just an out and out striker to compliment Vardy, NP and Walsh have probably already targeted such a player. Nugent should only be considered a squad player that's all I'm saying.

All I agree with. I do feel that often we did not take advantage of the chances that were created. Still would love to have Nuge for a couple more years yet.

Quick question for you all....Why would nugent buy a brand new £400,000 house in Countesthorpe and then leave??? I know players are on a lot but £400,000 is a lot of money.

Yes

Quick question for you all....Why would nugent buy a brand new £400,000 house in Countesthorpe and then leave??? I know players are on a lot but £400,000 is a lot of money.

Not the end of the world is it? He could rent it out or sell it, he'd not make much, if any loss.

£400,000 is not a lot for a footballer's house at all. I'd expect someone on his salary to have a far more expensive house than that.

It's all subjective mate and in the eye of the beholder and all that but... without getting into the argument about penalties, because they all have to be scored, from open play, compared with 2-3 other strikers in the Championship last season, given the superior amount of scoring opportunities our team produced compared with others, I think Nugent, on a purely goalscoring basis, came up short. His goal taking ability will have to be a lot better in the Premiership compared to the Championship. Vardy will still be a menace and his pace again might get us a few penalties as well as he getting us the odd goal. We have a number of players capable of taking a decent penalty. We need a more dynamic player than Nugent in the pure goalpoaching, aggressive and selfish type mode to compete. That doesn't necessarily mean a £30m wonderbuy, just an out and out striker to compliment Vardy, NP and Walsh have probably already targeted such a player. Nugent should only be considered a squad player that's all I'm saying.

i think this is a load of tosh too!!

Who will score more Premier League goals next season?

Vardy or Nugent? Vardy

Campbell or Nugent? Campbell

Ulloa or Nugent? Ulloa

Wood or Nugent? Wood

Let's keep Nugent because he likes it here.

Don't you just love a Nugent hater.

While your at it can I have the Lotto numbers for Friday and Saturday night please.

Oh and how will we do in the FA cup and League cup also final position in the prem.

Damn I'm going to be rich.

Vardy or Nugent? Vardy

Ulloa or Nugent? Ulloa

Wood or Nugent? Wood

Sorry, after you have revealed that crucial inside information, I agree that Nugent has to go. I didn't realise that the goalscorers were already sown up for next season.  :rolleyes:

Vardy or Nugent? Vardy

Ulloa or Nugent? Ulloa

Wood or Nugent? Wood

There's no logic behind this whatsoever. 

Vardy or Nugent? Vardy

Ulloa or Nugent? Ulloa

Wood or Nugent? Wood

You're only as good as your last season.

Who scored more goals last season?

Nugent or Vardy? Nugent.

Nugent or Campbell? Nugent.

Nugent or Ulloa? Nugent.

Nugent or Wood? Nugent.

Let's bin our top scorer from the last 3 seasons off because of something that can only be mused as a prediction.

He deserves to be in the prem with us as much as every other player that played their part last season.

Nugent or Vardy? Nugent.

Nugent or Ulloa? Nugent.

Nugent or Wood? Nugent.

Let's bin our top scorer from the last 3 seasons off because of something that can only be mused as a prediction.

He deserves to be in the prem with us as much as every other player that played their part last season.

The Nugent knocking is getting more bizarre by the day....

Sorry, after you have revealed that crucial inside information, I agree that Nugent has to go. I didn't realise that the goalscorers were already sown up for next season.  :rolleyes:

I believe I started with a question; that is not a statement.

Nugent or Vardy? Nugent.

Nugent or Ulloa? Nugent.

Nugent or Wood? Nugent.

It doesn't matter what he deserves to be honest, I'm sure we all deserve a pay rise and a promotion in our lines of work but it's business and sentiment doesn't apply.

My opinion is that I think the above players will score more Premier League goals next season. Nugent may have been our top scorer for the past 3 years but that was in the Championship. The only evidence we have of Nugent in the Premier League suggests he won't be very successful. If we are to stick by him then that means we won't have a good season. I support the club not the individuals.

Archived