Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

I do think we'll be heavily active on transfer deadline day for the first time in ages. Not something I welcome but I suppose it'll be interesting on our part for once. Please no horrible goobers on camera at the ground though.

I do think we'll be heavily active on transfer deadline day for the first time in ages. Not something I welcome but I suppose it'll be interesting on our part for once. Please no horrible goobers on camera at the ground though.

Legendary Liam will be the first one there & the last to go home. 

I think there'll be a couple of additions. I have nothing to base this on but I suspect that Nige would probably liked to have done a bit more business but promotion to the premier league is a double-edged sword. You have way more moolah to play with but players wage demands increase disproportionately and the asking price for championship players especially at least doubles. Factor in that he probably is working to a £30k a week wage cap and suddenly recruitment becomes quite a tricky task - in a weird way it was probably easier for NP when we were in the Champ .

With this in mind I'd expect a couple of quality young players from top clubs to join in loan for the season. Obviously could be completely wrong but I don't see us spending much more money on permanent transfers.

We should all go down to rival Stoke.

I actually dont think there will be. NP is very reulutant to buy for the sake and is rightly refusing to pay ridculuous sums on transfer fees and wages for players who dont really want to be here. I do find it a bit worrying as I think the squad could do with a bit of sthrengthening. But I trust NP to do what's best

Nige said we wouldnt know who his targets were... So who do you guys think well be signing from ligue deux?

Now would be a great time for NP to start walking the walk on the Football Hipster talk he was giving a couple of months ago. 

A Slovenian LB from the German 2nd tier and a South American DM playing in Russia or Eastern Europe please Nige.

I actually dont think there will be. NP is very reulutant to buy for the sake and is rightly refusing to pay ridculuous sums on transfer fees and wages for players who dont really want to be here. I do find it a bit worrying as I think the squad could do with a bit of sthrengthening. But I trust NP to do what's best

Don't think we would be buying for the sake of it though, we have a decent team, but the squad is still light.

If we have no injuries all season, I would say we are ok, but what's the odds of that, it would be for me a good idea to get a decent right back to give competition and cover, as was and Moore didn't look comfortable there, and maybe a better midfielder to push James and drinky, and cover as James tends to pick up knocks.

Rather do it now, if the players Pearson likes are available, than have to panic buy in jan, or get in emergency loans.

Again my opinions, and Pearson is the one who knows his squad, and ultimately carries the can if we suffer injuries, I'm confident Pearson will still get in competent squad players.

Don't think we would be buying for the sake of it though, we have a decent team, but the squad is still light.

If we have no injuries all season, I would say we are ok, but what's the odds of that, it would be for me a good idea to get a decent right back to give competition and cover, as was and Moore didn't look comfortable there, and maybe a better midfielder to push James and drinky, and cover as James tends to pick up knocks.

Rather do it now, if the players Pearson likes are available, than have to panic buy in jan, or get in emergency loans.

Again my opinions, and Pearson is the one who knows his squad, and ultimately carries the can if we suffer injuries, I'm confident Pearson will still get in competent squad players.

No emergency loans now we are in the premiership. Once the window closes on 1st September that's it until January.

In previous years we've been able to get a player in on loan if we pick up an injury or suspension, not now. Just think if we don't get another left back in and Konchesky gets injured against Stoke, Schlupp could potentially be playing 15 premier league games at left back.....

Archived