Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

Think the rest of pre-season will decide whether Nige drags in a loan or two. Permanent signings????? Probably one, maybe two. Can only see loans out, and I doubt that'll involve any other than those outside the main squad.

Wood?? Personally think he'll be here for the foreseeable UNLESS we sign another forward!

I, like so many on here, think we're shy of a decent LB and a midfield 'destroyer'....that said, don't think Nige will bring either in!

Still think Powell is possible.....Would like Bertrand/Tettey/Delort...not holding my breath though!

powell ain't all he's cracked up to be. My step dad and one of my best mates had season tickets at Wigan last season and slated him. Said his work rate and attitude was appaling, so really not the kind of player we want in our squad. Bertrand has been linked to Liverpool but to be fair, so have about 500 other players! I wouldn't mind Bertrand here, he's still young and has a decent amount of prem experience. Tettey would be decent as would Fer. I would love Nige to show some real ambition and throw a £10m bid in for Redmond. He's class, young, English and has a massive future ahead of him. Having the options of Albrighton, Redmond, Knocky and Mahrez would be awesome. Left back and centre mid are the two priorities in my opinion though!

Bertrand to Saints is a shame....Really think there's a good player in there. Not too many decent LBs about either! Shout for Redmond is sensible. Again, could turn into a star, given the right support!

Very surprised he's gone there, thought he'd end up at Liverpool or another big club. In hindsight I think we stood a reasonable chance of getting him, would have been an excellent signing.

Bertrand to Saints is a shame....Really think there's a good player in there. Not too many decent LBs about either! Shout for Redmond is sensible. Again, could turn into a star, given the right support!

Don't think Bertrand is all that to be honest. He was poor at Villa when he was there last year. I'm sure we could find someone twice as good and on half the wages with our scouting network.

Nige said we wouldnt know who his targets were... So who do you guys think well be signing from ligue deux?

I would like to see a move permanent or loan for Flannagan from Liverpool.  with Enrique back from injury and Martin Kelly also Flannagan may find playing time limited.  He was very good when i saw him playing last season especially when he covered LB.  He is normally used as a RB but can more than handle the LB role.  if not go for Kelly or Robinson also from Liverpool, who is a LB but can cover RB.

I would like to see a move permanent or loan for Flannagan from Liverpool.  with Enrique back from injury and Martin Kelly also Flannagan may find playing time limited.  He was very good when i saw him playing last season especially when he covered LB.  He is normally used as a RB but can more than handle the LB role.  if not go for Kelly or Robinson also from Liverpool, who is a LB but can cover RB.

Julian Palmieri is an experienced LB, who can play a bit of a wing back role as well. He plays for SC Bastia in Ligue un, but could be a good signing

I suspect its being a notoriously difficult transfer window. Players are going for crazy crazy money to the big clubs, most notably Liverpool. Fulham signed McCormack, Watford are holding out for many millions for Deeney etc etc.

Coupled to that, there probably are players who we might have liked, but who don't see Leicester as a big club, or concerned we might be in a relegation dog fight etc.

I suspect the issue isn't about us not having a number of targets, but more about actually getting them. That said, I think we'll sign a couple more before the window shuts.

I suspect its being a notoriously difficult transfer window. Players are going for crazy crazy money to the big clubs, most notably Liverpool. Fulham signed McCormack, Watford are holding out for many millions for Deeney etc etc.

Coupled to that, there probably are players who we might have liked, but who don't see Leicester as a big club, or concerned we might be in a relegation dog fight etc.

I suspect the issue isn't about us not having a number of targets, but more about actually getting them. That said, I think we'll sign a couple more before the window shuts.

Also i think as a few have mentioned the additional money that is being paid to the prem clubs as part of the new TV rights deal may also be pushing prices up a little. 

i think as you touched on, we've gone from a team will a real chance of being top of the league in the champo to one a lot will see as spending a season in a relegation battle, one of the unfortunate side affects of promotion i guess. while we can offer prem football, it may only be for 12 months.

What a complete end of a bell that lad is.

Another one with so much talent that will go to waste. 

You could tell his attitude was an issue the day he came one at the KP. I didn't see him run (unless he had the ball) is the 20 mins he was on.

West Ham footballer Ravel Morrison charged with assault on two women

_76643434_76643429.jpgRavel Morrison was sold to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012

West Ham footballer Ravel Morrison has been charged with assaulting two women, police said.

Morrison, 21, of Urmston, is accused of attacking a 19-year old woman outside a bar in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday.

He is further charged with assaulting her and a second woman, aged 39, at an address in Salford hours later.

The footballer is due before Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court later.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said: "At about 3.20am on Sunday police were called to an address on Alexandra Road, Peel Green, Salford, following reports a 19-year-old woman and a 39-year-old woman had been assaulted.

"Officers attended and established the young woman had also been assaulted outside a bar in Manchester city centre earlier that evening and a 21-year-old man was subsequently arrested at a later date."

The midfielder was widely tipped to become a Manchester United regular as one of the club's best home-grown prospects in their youth teams.

He was sold by former boss Sir Alex Ferguson to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012.

He has since been loaned by West Ham to QPR and Birmingham City.

Great Signing

I think more will come in, for squad depth as much as anything. Like others have said, once the window shuts, this time it's really shut. I reckon there'll be at least of couple of loans. Probably after the first game or so when the big teams have got their squads sorted and know who wont be needed.

Another one with so much talent that will go to waste. 

You could tell his attitude was an issue the day he came one at the KP. I didn't see him run (unless he had the ball) is the 20 mins he was on.

He didn't play season just gone against us did he? I remember watching him against us for Birmingham though. Great talent, awful man.

He didn't play season just gone against us did he? I remember watching him against us for Birmingham though. Great talent, awful man.

Came on for QPR at the king power towards the end of the game.

Just strolled around not looking interested for the short time he was on.

Archived