Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Remember when I made that thread saying how good Aaron Ramsey was and everyone shot me down saying he was shit and his form wouldn't last ? Now these people are saying he would get in the England team lol.

Wales will beat England if we meet at Euro 2016 because they're a better team. Not player for player better, they work harder and play as a team. England won't make it out the group, 10 wins against nothing inferior teams doesn't make you contenders.

Definitely not a better team, and whether they would win or lose would be on the day.

Wales beat Belgium. Wales are worse than Belgium. Same scenario.

Decent draw for Ireland, Bosnia lost to Cyprus and were thrashed by Israel too. If they play at their best Bosnia are a good team but more often than not they are pretty poor.

Yeah, I'm probably putting too much weight on their performances v Wales but its very close to call.

Hopefully Ireland get through, score draw in the first leg would be good to being to the Aviva.

Sweden - Denmark.... that is going to be a feisty tie!!! So much history there, with some memorable games.

Euro quals. june 2007. (In)famous for the incident involving a fan, ever since known as the "football lunatic", running on to the pitch and hitting the referee, who subsequently called off the game. It was also a completely enthralling game, which had everything. Sweden eventually won 0-3 as Denmark were made to forfeit:

Euro 2004, june 2004. Famous for the game which brought forth accusations of matchfixing by the Italians after the result (2-2) sent them packing. It was clear beforehand that should Italy win, the only way they wouldn't go through is if Denmark and Sweden played out a 2-2 draw. Featured Tomassons best goal for Denmark. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xytf65_2004-june-22-denmark-2-sweden-2-european-championship_sport

DBU (Danish Football Union) 100 year anniversary, june 1989. DBU had invited Brazil, England and Sweden to play in their anniversary tournament. Denmark thumped Sweden 6-0 on their way to playing a reserve Brazil side in the "final" who where comprehensively beaten 4-0.

Think I'll watch the Sweden v Denmark games. Always like games like that in a two legged play-off.

International local derbies are great.

I read somewhere Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Albania could all have been drawn in the same group for these qualifiers. Pretty sure UEFA would've had to step in if that had happened. lol

Anyone hear the interview today with FA CEO Martin Glenn on Talksport? Not a man I was familiar with although he's a former director of ours apparently. Talked a really good game, passionate and articulate but realistic. Made me feel a bit like they're not a total shower of shite after all.

Anyone hear the interview today with FA CEO Martin Glenn on Talksport? Not a man I was familiar with although he's a former director of ours apparently. Talked a really good game, passionate and articulate but realistic. Made me feel a bit like they're not a total shower of shite after all.

Was he the bloke talking about how our international friendlies before France next year WONT be held at Wembley? My mate whatsapp'd me a voice message of a clip of the interview but I've not seen any links online about this yet (as of 2 hours ago- not looked since)

Was he the bloke talking about how our international friendlies before France next year WONT be held at Wembley? My mate whatsapp'd me a voice message of a clip of the interview but I've not seen any links online about this yet (as of 2 hours ago- not looked since)

Yeah, was saying they've remortgaged Wembley and cut staffing at the FA by 20% and are going to use some of the extra cash to take the national team around the country to try and generate some enthusiasm in the team. Also criticised the Club Wembley seats for wrecking the atmosphere and said they were looking at ways to improve the atmosphere and the vibe around the team. Not a football man by trade aside from coaching his kids team, just a football fan with a business background but he inspired a lot of confidence in me.

Yeah, was saying they've remortgaged Wembley and cut staffing at the FA by 20% and are going to use some of the extra cash to take the national team around the country to try and generate some enthusiasm in the team. Also criticised the Club Wembley seats for wrecking the atmosphere and said they were looking at ways to improve the atmosphere and the vibe around the team. Not a football man by trade aside from coaching his kids team, just a football fan with a business background but he inspired a lot of confidence in me.

Yeh that certainly sounds promising doesn't it. I'm glad they've finally publicly recognised how poor Wembley is as a stadium-( visual aspect aside)

My last game there was Wales at home a few years ago (and I'm supposed to be one of the loyal ones being in the members club)

Taking it away from Wembley will definitely encourage me to go again. As a side note the thing that completely put me off Wembley was being forced to sit down(relates to the other thread)

Any chance of some pwoper nawty goings on in Sweden Denmark?

They are usually well behaved and there isn't really a player in either team that's likely to fire up the players and/or fans. It's not like the days of Christian Poulsen, Stig Tøfting or Thomas Gravesen who were all in your face!

Sarah Lund and Saga Noren to have a sexy milf detective mud wrestle on the Oresund Bridge more like.

Hah! That would be quite the sight! Would certainly garner more attention than some lower rank footie match :D

Will have to listen to that. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Norway were absolutely woeful last night. Hungary were never really tested even though Norway had 25+ corners across the two legs.

With the way they were playing, you'd have thought set pieces would be their main weapon, but they were so so disappointing.

Well done to Hungary, but they looked well short of any real quality bar Dzsudzsak.

Archived