Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Gerry Taggart leaves Radio Leicester!

I'd put money on Alan Young looking at this thread.

Love Gerry but as a co-commentator he was, well, shite, no enthusiasm, which is one of if not the most important thing, he just sounded bored in the few games he did do. Elliot was brilliant, would love him as a permanent, if not then who knows, just someone with a bit more umph than Gerry had.

I liked gerry, he knew what he was talking about and made some contributions to the commentary. I'd certainly choose who him over somebody with "enthusiasm" who just acts like a fan screaming and bitching.

And seriously, how can somebody not understand him?!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I have misspelt his surname, but can anyone tell me what has happened to Gerry Taggart?

When he decided to quit commentating for Radio Leicester after just a couple of weeks, he said that the reason he was leaving was because he had been offered a job that was too good to turn down.

He never said what the job was or who he would be working for.

I have never heard so far where he is or  what he is doing.

Personally I wasn't disappointed when he left RL. I loved him during his time with City, but imo he is not cut out to be a commentator/summariser.

I like Matty Elliott, he has an easy to listen to voice & a good knowledge of the game.

Gerry wasn't enjoying the radio life and to be honest I don't believe there was any other job. He just wanted out as soon as possible. I do agree Matt Elliot does a good job, I do admit though at times I do miss Al Young, maybe it would have been good if he had been offered to stick around for the football forum on a monday.

Archived