Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Great result! I was bracing myself for a pointless first five matches, so we're already doing well points-wise in my opinion.

Very encouraging to see us compete against one of the country's elite clubs with a threadbare squad and four/five key players out. I think this will do the players the world of good in terms of settling in to the PL and calming any nerves.

Hopefully, it won't be long before there's a few more players available and competition for places again.

Great start, but I'm trying not to get carried away. Still some very difficult games coming up shortly.

Looked a lot better in the second half, since we got the result I expected I will admit I was wrong to slate us as I said I would do in a previous comment in a different thread which is now locked. I was frustrated, wound up and in the heat of the moment I voiced my concerns on here and accidentally alerted the angry mob. Sorry guys you were right and I was wrong. Bring on the Chelsea (no moaning if we lose that one I can assure you of that).

Quality result!!!!

Both there goals were fairly lucky, not to say our's were not but il take it!!

Moore and Wes were giants at the back how Jagielka is first choice england center back is unreal.

Felt for mahrez a bit as he seemed a bit out of his depth but i am sure he can bridge the gap.

Cant wait to see Vardy and Albrighton in the team as well.

Really hope we can add some strength in depth but i am sure plans are a foot.

PS - i take everything back about ulloa, the guy worked his socks off and fair play with the goal!

Made up!!!!

Not sure about mahrez  being out of his depth, always looked likely to make something happen plus supplied a lovely ball for Jeff's conversion

Wes and Liam were premier league quality today i thought.

Naturally I'm worried about the state of midfield with the losses of James And Drinkwater. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days with Esteban.

Great game though and I'm super chuffed we put up a good fight with a positive performance.

Pleased for Wood and Ulloa getting a couple of decent goals.

Looked a lot better in the second half, since we got the result I expected I will admit I was wrong to slate us as I said I would do in a previous comment in a different thread which is now locked. I was frustrated, wound up and in the heat of the moment I voiced my concerns on here and accidentally alerted the angry mob. Sorry guys you were right and I was wrong. Bring on the Chelsea (no moaning if we lose that one I can assure you of that).

Well played for having the salts to admit it. COYB

Yes indeed, a good point, and I am sure that Pearson will have learnt a fair bit about his players, in that ninety minutes of football.

It has been all too obvious that we lack depth, and am hopeful that we will have a few more good players in before the transfer deadline. The very pace of the game at this level must be very heavy on the legs, and we need a truly good bench.

Chelsea next week, will be as hard as it gets, and the players will have to show the same kind of spirit again, and rise to the occasion. 

Well done today lads.

Midfield was a bit out of depth. Not embarassingly so but, especially when Drinky went down, we looked off it. Maybe that's just because so little seemed to go down the middle.

De Laet couldn't get in at all.

Aside from that, it was very good. Ulloa looked great and despite being down on Wood I liked the look of him today. Big lad that goes out and works. Certainly should keep him, loan at most, but keeping him and not signing another forward seems best work for me.

Moore and Morgan were immense. Morgan manhandled Lukaku.

Mahrez looked brilliant in the second half. I think it may have just been jitters at first. Don't think he's out of his depth at all and with a game under their belt him and knocky should be just fine. Schlupp looked just fine too after the miss. Needs to link better with players but putting him in and letting him run with his bags of speed should be just fine.

All in all, we looked like a comfortable premier league team, to be quite honest. Thrilled for this season.

Good work rate from the players but in my eyes the gap in quality is evident particurly in forward play everton sliced us apart, but more worrying is the lack of depth in our squad been shown, as I think wood and hammond were rumoured to be leaving and had to be called on in the game.

Refereeing was predictable, some very shocking decisions.

Konchesky seems more at home in the EPL than the championship, he didnt look fazed at all, mahrez also didnt look out of place.

I do feel we need someone like cambiasso on the field, a quality player with experience to keep things composed and good positional sense.

Great result considering Vardy and James (who I believe to be more important than Drinky) were out. Then losing Drinky was a hammer blow but King stepped up to the plate. Kept things ticking over nicely. He almost seems frightened to play when he's alongside Drinkwater but I suspect that's a team tactic. Genuinely think we've got 3 very good Premiership midfielders in there. Hammond did a good job as well so good on him.

Chuffed for Wood. Thought he and Schlupp showed some more desire today.

Konch was good as well! His experience will be vital this season.

Well who was the team expecting to challenge for CL ? we matched them in every department, in fact Schlupp and Ulloa probably should have done better with their chances. Great start and shows we can compete...

If you call Schlupp's a clearance, I'd say he did pretty well.

Well played for having the salts to admit it. COYB

When I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. Looked quality in the second half, a privilege to watch. Learnt my lesson about posting on here in moments of frustration.

Great performance, Alway's believed when we went behind again even when we lost drinkwater. You have to give Wood credit, calm collected finish from him! we still have some really fickle fan's, seen someone write along the line's of Pearson didn't get enough experienced player's in for this season and that our stay in the premiership will be a brief one. I can't wait for the next game now, just hope that drinkwater's injury isn't a serious one as he is a key man for us, however every player called upon today put in a good shift! looking forward to seeing Vardy and Albrighton comeback!  :thumbup:

I just read something about Mahrez on the previous page... I think he's pretty special, he makes things look effortless at time, if we can get another 10% work rate out of him, he will shine, big time.

Let's not get too carried away, the 1st game of the season is almost like a cup fixture, we dug in and got a deserved point, 39 more please!

We need some quality additions still.

Archived