Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

I genuinely don't understand the 'we need more players' lot.

We had 4, if you include Drinkwater, first teamers out and deserved the point against Everton who were only missing Coleman and Barkley.

The reason our team spirit is so great is because of our moderate squad size. We shouldn't encourage splashing cash on squad players and should focus on supporting what we have.

Instead people are reluctant to give the likes of Hammond and Konchesky credit and want them replaced.

Top result, if Schluup aimed for the goal instead of the floodlights it could have been a win.

Hi lads, Evertonian here. In all fairness a draw was probably fair as we were very poor second half. I doubt you've paid any attention to our pre-season (as I haven't yours) but we didn't win a single match, Lukaku and Mirallas didn't feature at all, given extra time off after the World Cup.

So with all due respect, people talking about Morgan dominating Lukaku may be half-right, but only because he dominated an unfit Lukaku who hasn't played for weeks/over a month. You may accuse me of wearing rose-tinted glasses, but seriously, he hasn't played, there were question marks over whether he would start at all.

Just opinions, not trying to be a troll/offend anyone - I genuinely wish you all the best for the season ahead, but how bad Everton's pre-season was and how badly we faded in the second half is not a true indication of just how tough the PL is.

I take your point, but we were missing two and lost one of our key players today, and had one or two carrying knocks ourselves. In truth we grabbed a point against an excellent side whom are destined to finish in the top 10/6. 

Great match. Lots of positives, I thought we thoroughly deserved a point, had we had more luck (and better finishing, I'm looking at you, Schlupp) we might have claimed 3.

Morgan brilliant at the back, King was MOTM in midfield and Ulloa had a very good debut.

Knockaert was disappointing, and De Laet was a bit isolated (we were too vulnerable down our right). Schlupp was infuriating as well. Other than that I think we can be pleased with a committed performance which can fill us full of hope for the rest of the season.

Hi lads, Evertonian here. In all fairness a draw was probably fair as we were very poor second half. I doubt you've paid any attention to our pre-season (as I haven't yours) but we didn't win a single match, Lukaku and Mirallas didn't feature at all, given extra time off after the World Cup.

So with all due respect, people talking about Morgan dominating Lukaku may be half-right, but only because he dominated an unfit Lukaku who hasn't played for weeks/over a month. You may accuse me of wearing rose-tinted glasses, but seriously, he hasn't played, there were question marks over whether he would start at all.

Just opinions, not trying to be a troll/offend anyone - I genuinely wish you all the best for the season ahead, but how bad Everton's pre-season was and how badly we faded in the second half is not a true indication of just how tough the PL is.

Player of the year and first choice center mid came off injured in the first half.

Second choice center mid injured before kick-off.

Most experienced and defensive minded winger injured before kick-off.

Last seasons player's player of the year and first choice striker injured before kick-off.

We had less first team players available than yourselves. Had we not, think we would have took the 3 points.

We had Vardy, James, Drinkwater and Albrighton missing and Tom Hopper on the bench. :trumpet::scarf::D

We had a dire pre-season last term and dicked the division so I don't think that's a valid stick to beat us with, you'll no doubt be top six again because there's some serious quality running through that team, but as said, it's not an indication of anything really.

We've got three / four key men missing ourselves including our first choice midfield pairing and a striker who was crucial to the way we pressed and harrassed teams last season. It works both ways.

Archived