Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Enjoyed today's game. I thought it was a good point against a team that will challenge for Europe. Morgan was solid, Moore was good also. Didn't really rate De Laet's performance, he didn't seem to want the ball or anything. 

Everton did very well on our righ.De laet was exposed and for about 20 or so minutes we looked vulnerable on that side.

Our squad depth is thin,despite that King was superb and the centre backs were solid.A creditable draw.

.Everton will be in the mix at the top.Considering the absences and DD going off we did well. The durability and fighting spirit will help going forward but we do need more quality and squad depth.

Great result. Enjoyed being the main game at 3pm today on NBC. Not happy we have Trevor Francis commentating, he still hates us.

Morgan, Moore and Mahrez were great today. King proved my suspicions that he is more suited to the Prem than Championship.

Very happy with a point and when I saw 4 mins on the board it was truly brown underpants time.

Get back the starters and a couple of signings and we will be ok.

Chelsea game might be ugly though.

Watched the match on a live feed, and thought it was a great team performance. I hope the injury to Drinkwater isn't too serious, but with King and Hammon we clearly have good back-up. The defence was solid, and Mahrez scared the living sh!t out of the Everton defenders. Two good goals, and we kept our chins up even when we went behind. Bring it on!

Think it took us 20 mins to get used to the pace of the game, and was vital we got back into it quickly after the opener. But after that we were outstanding. Vardy James then drinky missing, three certain first 11 players. Morgan outstanding, was worried he would be found out at this level but if that's how he copes all season then we nothing to worry about, Moore class, king and Hammond complemented each other, you would never know they struggled to get a game last season.

To sum it up, on that performance would I swap any of their players for ours? Possibly left back but that's it!

A strong performance.

Was worried when Hammond came on... And fill in as a Right Back when De Laet was temporarily injured, but he did exceptionally well. Always thought King and Hammond have a strong partnership together and both played well.

There were times when our passes were very sloppy but nonetheless, there were times where our passing was constructive. The first goal right after Everton's impressed me the most, the desire to get every pass right and run down their right flank was delightful to watch. You can see how much they wanted a result.

You can see now why Pearson was adamant not to make many signings... He tries to use the squad as much as possible. A good start.

I almost crawled up into my own behind when Drinkwater went down and we brought Hammond on. I thought that was it.

We were done by two very good goals and did very well to bag our own.

Second half display was much better than the first.

Moore and Morgan were solid and put any doubters in their place.

Mahrez was very good second half and Schlupp brought pace to the team when he came on (lets ignore his punt over the bar...)

Assured, confident and encouraging.

A very good point I would think, especially as Everton are a club who have often done well when they play us at home.

A win would have been great though. I didn't realise until today that we've never won our opening game in the PL. The wait goes on, but let's hope we can break the duck next season.

Looking forward to seeing us on MOTD tonight for the 1st time in 10 years. 

Class game that. Andy King was incredible. Best performance I've seen from him in a City shirt. Morgan did a fantastic job on Lukaku and I actually thought Knockaert was better than mahrez who was anonymous for large parts of the game, particularly in the first half.

Well done Chris Wood too. Top guy

Hi lads, Evertonian here. In all fairness a draw was probably fair as we were very poor second half. I doubt you've paid any attention to our pre-season (as I haven't yours) but we didn't win a single match, Lukaku and Mirallas didn't feature at all, given extra time off after the World Cup.

So with all due respect, people talking about Morgan dominating Lukaku may be half-right, but only because he dominated an unfit Lukaku who hasn't played for weeks/over a month. You may accuse me of wearing rose-tinted glasses, but seriously, he hasn't played, there were question marks over whether he would start at all.

Just opinions, not trying to be a troll/offend anyone - I genuinely wish you all the best for the season ahead, but how bad Everton's pre-season was and how badly we faded in the second half is not a true indication of just how tough the PL is.

Hi lads, Evertonian here. In all fairness a draw was probably fair as we were very poor second half. I doubt you've paid any attention to our pre-season (as I haven't yours) but we didn't win a single match, Lukaku and Mirallas didn't feature at all, given extra time off after the World Cup.

So with all due respect, people talking about Morgan dominating Lukaku may be half-right, but only because he dominated an unfit Lukaku who hasn't played for weeks/over a month. You may accuse me of wearing rose-tinted glasses, but seriously, he hasn't played, there were question marks over whether he would start at all.

Just opinions, not trying to be a troll/offend anyone - I genuinely wish you all the best for the season ahead, but how bad Everton's pre-season was and how badly we faded in the second half is not a true indication of just how tough the PL is.

We had a few first choice players missing ourselves. Good luck for the rest of the season you'll be top 6 again at the end of the season.

Find someone on where who gives a shit.

Really enjoyed that today, we were missing key players but still really dug in and never gave up. I think we grew into the game as time went on, especially Mahrez, once he beat Baines once, he turned him inside out several times after that. As a team we did really well today, as expected we conceded possession mainly due to dropping to the 4-4-2 but never lost the desire. Over all a brilliant day, and a great result against a very good side. 

Archived