Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Well the white wine is flowing after a promising start  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  bar the big 5 we will do fine!!! Up the Blues

When we got used to the pace I think we did very very well. Huge gap from The Champs. and pre-season tests to this and we coped admirably.  

Very positive!!!

I've said a few times I wasn't sure about Andy King at the next level.

He was ****ing outstanding today.

Great to hear, I'll say it every time he's mentioned, I hope he has a year to remember. I've always had confidence in him and so glad he hasn't been shipped on, definitely good enough to play in the top flight if he gets a bit of confidence in his ability.

Excellent point. Always worried when King and Hammond were in the middle of the park. Proved me wrong! After seeing knocky today I think he will struggle outwide in the prem id prefer him CAM if and when. He lacks pace and end product most of the time. Albrighton to start with Mahrez the other side.

That being said, it's a premiership debut for a huge part of our team and nerves would have been going crazy.

Hopefully that's installed some confidence for this mammoth of a task we are about to hit.

QPR failed to score, missed a penalty at home to hull.... Watch the premiership odds change now!

Amazing. King and Moore take a bow each. And another. Heroic.

Nugent looked like he was going to be sick he ran so much. Mahrez sending Gareth Barry dizzy is going to be watched all night. I can go back to work happy as f uck.

King was magnificent today.

Just got back.

The intensity we showed throughout the whole match, and the work rate by every player was phenomenal. What I really liked today is how we responded from going a goal down, our play which ended up resulting in a corner then the goal, was absolutely brilliant. 

We went toe to toe with Everton, and rightfully deserved a point. Some outstanding performers today as well, in particular Morgan & King, Morgan out muscling Lukaku hardly giving him a sniff, for £28 million he made Lukaku look very average today. King controlled the midfield, he played well against Bremen but performing like that in the Premier League is what we need to see, Barry & McCarthy were outstanding for Everton last season, Andy King made them look average.

Credit to Moore, Konchesky & Hammond as well especially Hammond held his own out there today and proved that he can be called upon & do a job. Finally Ulloa looks a real striker, showed a bit of pace here and there, but his strength & flick ons were simply outstanding, his combining with Nugent was very impressive. 

If we play like that most weeks, with our top players back from injury & a few more signings, we will surprise a few. 

Wow, that was excellent.

We held our own, and I don't think i'm being bias or looking through blue-tinted glasses when I say I think we just edged it, we were just about the better team and could/should have won it.

Can't fault any player.

The only doubt and negative I have is I am abit worried about the defence, it needs tightening up and improving, i'm not sure what it needs exactly but it need something, we will concede quite a few if we're not careful, but that is not a major concern at the moment, aslong as it is addressed, tightened up and improved in time - which i'm sure it will.

It's hard to name a MOTM as everyone was excellent but if pushed i'd probably say King.

Delighted to see Ulloa get of the mark on his debut, we've seen enough of big money signing (Especially strikers) coming in and it taking a long time to get off the mark - I just hope the goals keep coming for him, which I see no reason why they shouldn't.

We kept going and glad Chris Wood is there fighting for his place - The sceptic in me said 'Wolves didn't offer him enough money' when he reject Wolves and came out with 'I want to fight for my place' seems i'm wrong and long may that continue.

1st games down, 1st game nerves are over, lets settle down and get onto the next one.

Ohh yeah, and any away fans reading this (Or people who will take away fans with them to sit in the home areas - warn the away fans you take) don't go spouting your mouth off...it will only come back to haunt you if we score and get a results out of the game - So sweet when that happens, some twat next to me got him comeuppance and he didn't like it.

A deserved point for us.

They were very good first half but we came out and took the game to them second half and I honestly feel we were good value for it.

Morgan and King were colossal. Impressed with Hammond as well he's done a great job and will be a valuable asset for us.

Two lovely strikers finishes from our out and out centre forwards which is pleasing. Nugent worked his socks off without really offering much.

Knocky was still clearly struggling with an injury and looked a bit off the pace. De Laet had a complete stinker, but iirc he's started every season off slow.

A very spirited Pearson type performance , everyone gave all they could. A good point against a very good side.

Excellent display of character and discipline. Morgan, Moore, Schlupp, Wood! and Ulloa, you guys kept us alive today and stepped up your game massively against vastly superior opponents, especially Moore and Morgan on Lukaku, Ulloa looked better!

Would like to know the length of injury time out for Drinkwater and James, and how long before Albrighton and Vardy are back, Don't feel comfortable with Hammond/King in middle, but hell, this was a great point.

Need a few more midfielders, LB cover as Schlupp is now a proven LW / LM.

Bit of a note: seemed like Mahrez demonstrated a lack of defensive capabilities, as opposed to Knocky's ever present defence. Something for Nigel to pick up on.

Big Wes kept Lukaku quiet today. Liam Moore was outstanding in defence with some great tackling. Noticed also that he was very vocal and was frequently pointing where he wanted players positioned. Andy King showed some great commitment in the tackles today, especially 50/50 ones. Ulloa showed some good touches and held the ball up nicely, nice to see him score too. Only downsides are the injury to Drinkwater (hoping it's not serious) and we need to win the 2nd ball more often. Plenty of occasions where Everton had us pinned back after corners and retained the ball well. Otherwise a well earned point and a good spirit of fight within the team.

I'm delighted and reluctant to put a downer on things, but RDL looked way out of his depth. Yes their left side is outstanding and AK didn't offer the best protection, but we need to be ruthless and sort our weakest areas. RB is one, in terms of quality and quantity.

Also, cramming 11 players in the box at defensive set pieces and not expecting the ball to return second phase is suicidal.

Wes was a beast at the back, Moore and him looked good together. King did well however the MOTM for me was Mahrez, especially his second half display. He did not look out of touch in the prem and Barry must still be dizzy after he rang rings around him. Great start against a good team. Now onto Chelsea

Anyone starting a ratings thread? Be interested to see how people rated Konchers... He gets so much stick but I thought he looked steady, which is all we need. He stuck to his task and was never dominated unlike De Laet, although that wasn't really his fault. Thought Moore and Morgan were outstanding, if they stay fit I have the utmost confidence we will be ok at the back. Massive performance from King who was everywhere, he looked like a premier league player. Hammond was impressive when he came on again didn't look out of depth. Maghrez in second half was dominant; looked a real threat when he was more direct. Lastly ullua looks like the club record that we wanted, big, strong and composed with the ball he will get us goals. Man for man across the 11 who finished th game we looked like a side who have potential and importantly are combative. Spirit, workrate and our desire will take us far. With the players to come back in and a few smart additions we have the right to be hopeful. Fook 17th we should be aiming for mid table and in Nige we can get there.

Morgan n moore were epic... morgan destroyed lukaku n moore was great.. n made one amazing tackle on lukaku in the first half that floored the beast. .. I thought konch and riyad were very good ...

up top nuge ulloa and wood were all excellent today

I'm delighted and reluctant to put a downer on things, but RDL looked way out of his depth. Yes their left side is outstanding and AK didn't offer the best protection, but we need to be ruthless and sort our weakest areas. RB is one, in terms of quality and quantity.

Also, cramming 11 players in the box at defensive set pieces and not expecting the ball to return second phase is suicidal.

I said time and time again a couple of season's ago, defensively he isn't the best and if we get promoted he could prove a weak link.

One game though & tbh I didn't think he did too bad second half, but there were a couple of rash moments where his clearances were very poor, and his positional play for Everton's second was diabolical, they just passed rings round him.

However as I say only one game, and I think if Albrighton plays on the right side, he will support De Laet more I don't think Mahrez or Knockaert offer De Laet enough support.  

Archived