Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

If you've got sky sports it's the Saturday night game at 8pm on SS1, failing that I think match of the day.

Cheers pal, kingfox already sorted it. Managed to get it on record.

CHeers chaps

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28718336

Draw written all over it...

Eight of the last 10 league games between the sides have ended in a draw and Leicester have never won on the opening day in the Premier League

Yes we have.

Also they say Everton were 'comfortable' before Wood scored. I must have been at a different game because I saw us dominate the second half.

Ah well, for the record, for whatever it's worth, you lot seem like sound fans and good people. I was wary of posting on a oppo's forum, but for the most part you've been quality people/fans. I double my genuine hope for you this season based on how decent you are. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28718336

Yes we have.

Also they say Everton were 'comfortable' before Wood scored. I must have been at a different game because I saw us dominate the second half.

We dominated a second half where Everton had 64% of the ball ??

Everton tired in the last 15/20 mins and until morales came on they were no real threat, even with that much of the play. So to say they were comfortable is not unrealistic.

Ah well, for the record, for whatever it's worth, you lot seem like sound fans and good people. I was wary of posting on a oppo's forum, but for the most part you've been quality people/fans. I double my genuine hope for you this season based on how decent you are. :)

The trick to being a welcome poster on an opposition fan's forum is to not be a dick, which, to be fair - you've nailed. We've had so many Watford tools post on here and there's a Charlton fan who won't go away that looks like a melted toffee crisp so you're welcome to come again.

It's a long time since I enjoyed a match as much as that. The buzz after Wood's and Ulloa's goals was unreal. 

It just felt different. The full house, the loud away (and home) support, the top class players on show and some of the movement and effort we saw. 

Proud, especially taking into account we were massive 3 or 4 key players after Drinkwater went off. Who would've thought little old Jeff Schlupp would cause Everton problems?

To a man, the lads gave it their everything today and I think we more than earned a point against a very capable Everton side. Yes, there are somethings that still need ironing out BUT for 90+ minutes, we demonstrated what we have the potential to do and I think in the process surprised some other sides in the league. Wes had Lukaku in his back pocket all day, delighted for both Leo and Chris to get onto the scoresheet and all, in all, everyone on and off the pitch made our club proud today.

Onto the next one and let's savour the fact we are above Man Utd! :D  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Delighted with that. Thought we showed real spirit and determination today. Pearson has definitely got them playing for him.

Moore and Morgan were absolute beasts today. I hope Wes Morgan remembers to take Lukaku out of his back pocket tonight

Brilliant result, given the lack of prem experience across the team, that was a good performance. Hats off to Moore cause he bossed it out there. Konch also showed up a few people on here, fair play to him.

Not expecting too much against Chelsea but think we'll be competitive.

Terrific point.

Thought Everton were very very good, particularly first half. Ball retention, first touch and movement up front (Nugent take note) were good. We seemed a bit nervous in the first ten but grew into the game. We were slightly unfortunate with their first goal because that lad could only put the ball in one place to score, and he got it right in the corner. It was a brilliant finish

They killed us down our right hand side, particularly first half. Felt sorry for De Laet because neither Mahrez or Knockaert gave him enough help. I don't think we can play those two in the same side in this division, it leaves us exposed.

Defensively we were fantastic. Morgan and Moore dominated Lukaku who to me didn't look fit. Konchesky also had a very solid game.

Andy King was exceptional, some sublime touches, he seemed to relish in his role even more so once Drinkwater went off. Hammond also did well. He's a decent footballer, knows what to do and gets the job done.

Ulloa looks good, gets up very well and has a great touch for a big man. I thought Nugent was pretty invisible. Looking forward to Vardy coming back to play with Ulloa, and even another top striker hopefully signing this week?

Mahrez has a good game, particularly second half. What a player he is, his self belief really grew in the second half and he had a go at them. Knockaert wasn't great, looked off the pace and tried too hard at times.

Positive that we kept going, and also played pretty well with a number of players missing.

Good on Wood too, a player I have criticised before. He had the bit between his teeth and took his goal so well. Thank god it wasn't Schlupp on the end of that chance!

What an absolute dream it was to have 2 of our best 3 players on the day being Academy products.

Manchester United were the only other top flight side today to field more than 2 Academy graduates.

Fantastic result, showed a lot of character today, I honestly think we will be fine. Reading the Everton forum and their complaining that they didn't have the best of days, putting it down to the fact they weren't 100% fit, also directing a lot of criticism to the quality of our own players. I guess we're not too bad then when our team that's missing major players, and supposedly not that good goes and gets a result. Moore and Morgan were fantastic, Kingy gave a great account of himself. Impressed with Nugent and Ulloa, Distin may be getting on, but him and Jagielka must be one of, if not the most PL experienced centre back partnerships going and I think we exposed them too easily at times.Think we've got a long way to go, Evertons movement around the ball when they are in an attacking position is something we were lacking, and we tend to play the ball to the feet rather than for a player to run on to, but it will come. Overall a good result, and a lot of promise!

What an absolute dream it was to have 2 of our best 3 players on the day being Academy products.

Manchester United were the only other top flight side today to field more than 2 Academy graduates.

I hadn't even considered that, great point and like you said, fantastic to have on our return to the Premiership.

And our academy players were better than there's by miles

Still Buzzin, fantastic team performance but stand out performances from Wes, bossed Lukaku Moore, king and Hammond in the second half. Keep that up and it's all good.

Only worries Matty James is on crutches, Vardy was  limping from his car to the ground and Drinky's injury.

Archived