Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

very fortunate to get a draw, but with both our CMs out, thats as good as we could have got! Both Morgan and Moore rocks. De Laet, Hammond, Nugent - all not up to Prem level for me

Come on arriba, Even I wont write off nugent this quickly.... 90 minutes into the season.

De laet needs to settle again for me, nerves I think, Wouldnt take baines on looks like he lacked some confidence

Some good performances out there today. especially considering I don't think that's our finished team - more signings to come...

But not a bad game for Moore to play considering Roy Hodgson was in the stands.....

Play like that every week and we will have no worries, one of the best sides in the league, no Drinky, James, albrighton and Vardy. Very proud!

Moore and Morgan immense! De Laet was poor I thought, bit nervous on the big occasion. Konchesky was brilliant.

Bring on the Chelsea

Very pleasing aspects to that performance - everyone stepped up and I was glad to see our defence perform so well, as that's the area I was most worried about. There wasn't much we could have done for their goals really, thought Wes and Liam were exemplary today, Liam Moore looks the real deal. Bench looked a bit poor, but good performances from Schlupp, Wood and even Hammond off the bench. Still think we need 2-3 new players to come in. Slimani/Deeney and Cambiasso as well as another defender IMO.

Will be great to see what we can do when Albrighton, Vardy, James and Drinks are back - think Vardy would have loved it today, he would have had Distin and Jags on toast, they were so slow.

Overall I think a draw is a great result and it sets us up well for the difficult games we've got ahead. Just need a couple of additions and I'll be very happy with our squad.

very fortunate to get a draw, but with both our CMs out, thats as good as we could have got! Both Morgan and Moore rocks. De Laet, Hammond, Nugent - all not up to Prem level for me

Mate get a grip of ya senses. We just got a point and no we were not fortunate. Hammond actually never looked outta place. Nugent will be an asset and he will bag. De Laet looked much better when knocky was rightly removed

Fantastic point for the lads! Really felt lady luck was against when we lost James pre-match, and then Drinkwater in the first half, but the work rate and determination was clear for everyone to see. Only thing that does concern me is that we do look a little thin on the ground and need some more depth. Great performance, and things are looking good! :)  

Superb start. Couldn't do much about their goals because the assists were pure luck and finishes unstoppable, showed great spirit and endeavour to come back from behind twice despite missing key players and facing a ref with a strong bigger club bias.

We seemed to grow into the game and that will have done our confidence the world of good. Couldn't have asked for much better than that.

Come on arriba, Even I wont write off nugent this quickly.... 90 minutes into the season.

De laet needs to settle again for me, nerves I think, Wouldnt take baines on looks like he lacked some confidence

de Laet wasn't the issue

Knockaert moved onto that side for that spell when Everton were well on top, Baines took the piss on the overlap, de Laet was isolated time after time with no one tracking back

I wouldn't have paid £28 never mind £28mill for Lukaku, Peter Sutcliffe had a more gentle first touch. Great performances, Mahrez did his duty tracking Baines which is something he will have to get used to, our style remains and looks tailor made for this level, very impressed.

Wes and Liam made Lukaku look like Trevor Benjamin, colossal at the back.

Other than the goals, Kasper not really tested, 2 very good finishes though.

Reserve midfield looked very solid

Konchesky solid at left back

Chris wood comes on and scores and jeff should have done

Not out of our depth and looking like we can really mix it with the big teams, a great point and with a few more players in the squad and a few back from injury we will be looking much stronger!

All in all a very good performance and result and plenty of positives!

Archived