Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

You don't seem to have the nicest attitude yourself. Want to stand up? Here, I'll just issue you with a childish insult even though it's a perfectly acceptable venture you're engaging in.

Well, first of all it was a joke. But seeing as you're getting all serious.... It's against the rules, read your ticket and thus not a perfectly acceptable venture.

Secondly, something doesn't have to be against the law to make someone a selfish ignorant twonk for doing it. For instance, lets say I was a smoker. I could walk up to anyone in the street, stand next to them and start smoking letting all the smoke drift in their face. Would I be doing a "perfectly acceptable venture" well sure I'm breaking no law. But I'd be a selfish ignorant twonk for forcing someone else into a situation they don't like just for my own pleasure.

Some people are capable of judging a situation, thinking about others and not just themselves. Others just do what the hell they like and sod anyone who doesn't like it as long as they are happy. Standing with like minded individuals and not impeding others, nah problemo. Standing up in front of a child or an old dear all game so they can't see, nah ok.

But anyway, it was a joke... smile, laugh, spread the love.

Well, first of all it was a joke. But seeing as you're getting all serious.... It's against the rules, read your ticket and thus not a perfectly acceptable venture.

Secondly, something doesn't have to be against the law to make someone a selfish ignorant twonk for doing it. For instance, lets say I was a smoker. I could walk up to anyone in the street, stand next to them and start smoking letting all the smoke drift in their face. Would I be doing a "perfectly acceptable venture" well sure I'm breaking no law. But I'd be a selfish ignorant twonk for forcing someone else into a situation they don't like just for my own pleasure.

Some people are capable of judging a situation, thinking about others and not just themselves. Others just do what the hell they like and sod anyone who doesn't like it as long as they are happy. Standing with like minded individuals and not impeding others, nah problemo. Standing up in front of a child or an old dear all game so they can't see, nah ok.

But anyway, it was a joke... smile, laugh, spread the love.

Easy to say it was a joke now but given that you've got an argument to back it up I can't help but think you meant it, if only a little.

It's well known by now that the done thing is to stand up at an away game. If you want to sit the onus is on you to put a little extra effort in and select your seats because you can't expect everyone else to change for you.

Easy to say it was a joke now but given that you've got an argument to back it up I can't help but think you meant it, if only a little.

It's well known by now that the done thing is to stand up at an away game. If you want to sit the onus is on you to put a little extra effort in and select your seats because you can't expect everyone else to change for you.

How does the 74 year old who has supported LCFC all his life go about that then? The TO won't give you an aisle or front row seat if they are all gone.

Sorry but that is bollocks and you sound like a right selfish twonk.

Sorry but that is bollocks and you sound like a right selfish twonk.

In what way?

My opinion is that the minority should try a little harder so they can get their preference. I'm trying to accommodate everyone here. I don't see how I could be accused of being selfish.

If you disagree with my way of doing it the only other option would be to ask everyone else to sit and give up their preference. Now that would be selfish.

In what way?

My opinion is that the minority should try a little harder so they can get their preference. I'm trying to accommodate everyone here. I don't see how I could be accused of being selfish.

If you disagree with my way of doing it the only other option would be to ask everyone else to sit and give up their preference. Now that would be selfish.

So abiding by the law is now labelled as selfish?? I've heard it all now.

As much as I enjoy reading these debates it's always going to go round and round in circles with the inevitable answer that safe standing is the only solution to appease all parties.

Sadly as the government are insistent upon ruining it for everyone, me along with 80%+ other away fans are going to have to continue to be 'ignorant twonks' for the foreseeable future.

It's not illegal to stand at a football match.

Interesting debate this You are wrong though.

If you look at most clubs ground rules every club has them I believe you will find one that states persistent standing will not be tolerated.

There are a whole host of others.

They are there so that when you get ejected for a very minor trivial matter, like standing, you will not have any grounds to appeal as you have broken a ground rule.

Stewards will wait until you are on your own i.e. going for a pee on your own or going for a pie etc before they pounce and eject you.

Apologies, the terms and conditions that you agree to when purchasing your ticket. Better?

Interesting debate this You are wrong though.

If you look at most clubs ground rules every club has them I believe you will find one that states persistent standing will not be tolerated.

There are a whole host of others.

They are there so that when you get ejected for a very minor trivial matter, like standing, you will not have any grounds to appeal as you have broken a ground rule.

Stewards will wait until you are on your own i.e. going for a pee on your own or going for a pie etc before they pounce and eject you.

Officially that's the line they go with but they know it's not desirable to enforce the rule everywhere. Better to let some areas stand up so there isn't conflict between the two groups. Unofficially football clubs support standing in certain places as their actions show. It simply isn't a good idea to try to ban it outright.

Again I want to highlight I'm not against people sitting down. I just think if you're in the minority you have to take a bit more responsibility if you want to sit. We see the reverse at home games every week - it's up to people to move to L or SK1 if they want to stand up.

Isnt it usually seated at the front, standing towards the back. Everyone accomodate eachother and ask for seats further down/higher up depending on preference. It isnt as if the old dears have trouble at any rate, i stood next to a couple at the last Palace away and i am 100% that they enjoyed the day, and there was no complaints.

Like I have said before, over 55s and under 18s and all females should be banned from away games!! Oh and those who refuse to stand to

Wrong. It's knobs like you, with an attitude like that who should be banned. Fookin grow up.

Like I have said before, over 55s and under 18s and all females should be banned from away games!! Oh and those who refuse to stand to

that's boll0cks, anyone who is prepared to support their team and spend the money to follow them can go on any away day they like

In what way?

If you disagree with my way of doing it the only other option would be to ask everyone else to sit and give up their preference. Now that would be selfish.

Brilliant.

The minority... ie. those with a disadvantage should work harder to a accommodate the masses.

Do you put this into action elsewhere? Sitting in the seats reserved for elderly or those with prams on the bus and make them go to the back of the bus so you aren't inconvenienced.

Ha ha

Archived