Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Yeah, that goal against Blackpool last season was horrendous.

That was a good shot obviously and I'm not going to say it wasn't, but the majority of the time he weaves in and out of players, sets himself up for something brilliant, and then hits it directly into the keeper's hands with no power on it at all. Using a single goal to disprove a point doesn't really work.

That was a good shot obviously and I'm not going to say it wasn't, but the majority of the time he weaves in and out of players, sets himself up for something brilliant, and then hits it directly into the keeper's hands with no power on it at all. Using a single goal to disprove a point doesn't really work.

2nd goal vs Sheff Weds last season?

2nd goal vs Sheff Weds last season?

It's a good finish. You said though that you'd hoped that he could recreate some Ben Marshall moments, and I'm assuming you mean 25 yard screamers when you say that, otherwise I've no idea, and all I was saying is that Mahrez's shot, more often than not, is without much power at all and he doesn't seem to be the kind of person to go for a screamer from that distance either. 

To be honest, Mahrez really does need to work on his shooting, there's been a few times where hes found himself in a brilliant position only to smash it over the bar, Wigan away I think being one of those times.

To be honest, Mahrez really does need to work on his shooting, there's been a few times where hes found himself in a brilliant position only to smash it over the bar, Wigan away I think being one of those times.

just had a quick look and the stats I found for both Mahrez and Knockaert game to goal ratio is pretty much teh same:

Mahrez - 20 apps 3 goals

Kncokaert - 48 apps 7 goals

so I don't know how anyone can come to the conclusion that Mahrez's shooting is an issue.

I know everyone on here is saying that we don't expect to get anything from the game and that we will be happy not to get spanked.

Do you think NP is saying the same thing in the dressing room?

I bloody hope not, they may have ripped Burnley apart for 15 minutes and are favourites for the title, but Burnley did score first, and we keep on saying we are better than Burnley, so do we have the wrong attitude? Why can't we go there and compete?

Last season they dropped points at home to West Brom, West Ham, Norwich and Sunderland, they have a lot of players who were on World Cup duty over the summer and a few new players to fit into their side. They also lost quite badly to a Werder Bremen side that caused us no problems.

Don't get me wrong they have some frightening quality in their midfield, but we will create chances, as Burnley did, 9 of them, and we will worry Terry and Cahill with our fast attacking play.

It is a big ask, but I think settling for anything better than a 5-0 defeat is the wrong attitude for anyone to have, and if the players and manager started talking like that before the game we would be livid that we had spent £50 to watch them not even try and win.

After the game, if we lose we can look at the positives, but before the game we have to be thinking about how to win this. We didn't fight for so long to get promoted to just cower at the sight of one of the big boys, we came here to compete and we came here to win!

I really like this post.

TBH I think we'll lose 3-0, and NP will have factored in 0 points frrom this game. But that means we actually have nothing to lose by going for this one. And if we do lose, well as I said NP didnt expect any points here, and in the end, there is no shame in losing to Chelsea (or a handful of other teams in that class).

ALso, it was games like this we fought so hard for in the past few seasons - not a game away on a foul Tuesday night at The Den or the Shitty Ground.

So chin up lads, lets go for it

King has defensive discipline, defending is a big part of his game. It was always his impact in the middle of the pitch that was the issue surrounding him, his work in the defensive and sttacking thirds is fine.

City boss Nigel Pearson revealed his side will not switch from their attacking style of play when they travel to Stamford Bridge in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.

A late equaliser from Chris Wood earned the Foxes their first Barclays Premier League point of the new campaign last weekend in a 2-2 draw against Everton and Pearson is hoping to build on that performance when they face Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea. 

And Pearson, who paid credit to the capability of the London club’s squad, insisted that City will play their own game and will not be pressured into putting in a defence-minded performance. 

He said: "Chelsea at Stamford Bridge speaks for itself. Their record there is very good but we have to think of this as something of a bonus. 

"Not many people give us much hope but we have a strong resolve. If we can be an awkward customer I'll be happy. 

"I don't want us to just soak up pressure. We need to give each other enough options to maximise our offensive players. We have some threats. 

“It will be a good opportunity for players to test themselves. We need a collective mind-set on the job in hand - the players have worked hard and it is important we do as well as we can. 

"I was very proud of the players and pleased for them last weekend. I've seen a lot of those players experience some lows.” 

Chelsea summer signing Cesc Fabregas set up two of his side’s goals in their 3-1 victory Burnley in their curtain-raiser on Monday night, but City boss Pearson was content to focus on the assets at his disposal rather than the opposition. 

He added: "I'm happy with the players I have but Cesc is clearly an outstanding player. We need to maximise what we have got and that is what it's all about. 

"We can't dwell too much on Chelsea's players - we know they have an outstanding squad. 

“There are some world class sides in this division and we come across a side that have real pedigree and know how. 

"We need to ensure the way we go about our game is good - Chelsea were very clinical at Turf Moor, it was very professional. 

"The players have conducted themselves exceptionally well. On the back of achieving promotion it was a testament to their qualities as a group of people. 

"Now it is a different chapter. I don't want to just draw a line and move on. Fundamentally what our players are about is if we maintain our strengths of last year, we have a good chance this year.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/210814-pearsons-chelsea-plan-1851525.aspx#1asTUIrG5uVVuOwP.99

Archived